Marlin (11-3) vs #5 Hawley (14-0)

lionpride08

Semifinals  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Marlin Bulldogs (11-3)
    • Hawley Bearcats (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2021 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Marlin has a couple players gettin looks and one is a 4 star player that just got offered to Ohio State.... That matters in the 2a level a lot. People have slept on marlin this season but they have turned it around in a big way

I have to agree Lionpride. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Marlin has a couple players gettin looks and one is a 4 star player that just got offered to Ohio State.... That matters in the 2a level a lot. People have slept on marlin this season but they have turned it around in a big way

+1

1 hour ago, CDubya936 said:

Marlin is only three years removed from going 0-10. What a great story. Going with Marlin over Hawley. 

New guy turning things around. Also helps when you pick up a player or two. That 0-10 team was coached by former Tatum QB/Dallas Cowboys LB Stephen Hodge. 

Marlin turned it around during the season and still on a hot streak.  I really don't know much about Hawley.

Marlin beat Crawford this past Friday, but it was a Crawford team missing a lot of starters due to injuries.  In 2A ball that's a big deal.  Not taking anything away from Marlin, they are impressive, but I don't know if the Crawford team they beat was much better than 50-60%.

Going with the Centex homer pick.  Marlin by 2-3 scores.

5 hours ago, Playdefensefirst said:

Multiple move ins this year from 4A-6A levels sure do help as well.  Torres has done a great job this year.  Good luck to the Bulldogs.  

I seem to remember before the season kicked off they had a kid that was denied eligibility by the UIL.  He was supposedly a top college recruit.   Did he hang around? 

53 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

I seem to remember before the season kicked off they had a kid that was denied eligibility by the UIL.  He was supposedly a top college recruit.   Did he hang around? 

I believe he’s not playing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

He was from Marlin but moved to Bremond when everyone thought the school would get closed down. When the school started to turn around and do good family's started to move back.