#2 Brock vs #3 Mt Vernon

Kaz27

Semifinals  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mt. Vernon Tigers (14-0)
    • Brock Eagles (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2021 at 01:00 AM

I'm a not one of the arrogant Mt Vernon fans as some of refer to us as. I have not seen Brock play but see they are blowing everyone out. If Mt Vernon is to go down,  Brock will probably be the one that will do it. MV star back has bad injury and about third best defensive man broke leg in 4 wheeler accident over holidays. So, short of talent now isn't good. Brock seems to be stacked. Hope MV can but don't have good feeling. And by the way  West talked just as much and they sure continue to hit after the whistle. When teams (MV included) win all year to get this far, the kids tempers can't handle getting beat. We were their age one once.

2 hours ago, Kaz27 said:

I'm a not one of the arrogant Mt Vernon fans as some of refer to us as. I have not seen Brock play but see they are blowing everyone out. If Mt Vernon is to go down,  Brock will probably be the one that will do it. MV star back has bad injury and about third best defensive man broke leg in 4 wheeler accident over holidays. So, short of talent now isn't good. Brock seems to be stacked. Hope MV can but don't have good feeling. And by the way  West talked just as much and they sure continue to hit after the whistle. When teams (MV included) win all year to get this far, the kids tempers can't handle getting beat. We were their age one once.

MV does not have a defensive player out with a broken leg. RB does not have a bad injury. He has a sprained anke and is expected to return for Thursday's game. Are you actually from MV?

• Crawford changed the title to #2 Brock vs #3 Mt Vernon
Guest Tiger03lb
10 hours ago, Kaz27 said:

Would love to hear your opinion on why it would just be West that only made the late hits and only ones talking? I thought West played with class and clean game when we played them and we didn't have any problems with them with late hits. Both teams were talking smack which is normal in a game. Imo, I feel/think MV provokes players and have seen it the past 2 games. Do you think anyone wants to lose a game during the season, whether it's regular or post season? 

Going with Brock. I think West showed MV can be stopped and Brock will bring a much better offense than West. MV won’t go down without a fight but I think Brock will come out on top. Btw to the one saying Brock is the one if any can beat Mt Vernon you may want to take a look at Lorena on the other side of the bracket. They are tough!

• Like 2
  • SMH 1

Only question is how limited Kutter Wilson is -- he didn't look to be hurt that bad after the tackle but didn't play the final three quarters. At a certain point it could have been precaution to keep him out because of the score but that could lead to depth issues / guys having to do more than they normally do going forward

True, I haven't seen anyone other than the MV games. Waskom or Lorena might be better. I have no clue who will win what, but Brock puts up some impressive scoring differentials. Not here to argue for one team talking or not. I think I said MV was talking too. I was on sidelines, I heard and saw more extra action than the refs did and evidently they saw alot. When all of these teams are used to winning all year, and then find themselves losing, it will sure change attitudes and personalities quick. On the flip side, some kids are good winners and some aren't. Definitely not whole team either way.

16 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Would love to hear your opinion on why it would just be West that only made the late hits and only ones talking? I thought West played with class and clean game when we played them and we didn't have any problems with them with late hits. Both teams were talking smack which is normal in a game. Imo, I feel/think MV provokes players and have seen it the past 2 games. Do you think anyone wants to lose a game during the season, whether it's regular or post season? 

I seem to remember when MV and Mineola played earlier this season the Tigers had 2 players suspended for the first half for ejections when they played the week before against Commerce…JS

7 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I seem to remember when MV and Mineola played earlier this season the Tigers had 2 players suspended for the first half for ejections when they played the week before against Commerce…JS

Yep, and Commerce was notoriously the dirty team in our district this year. Gouging kids eyes in the piles, we had one kid that his eye was completely shut and swollen up the next day. 
One got ejected for after the play retaliation. The other got ejected for targeting, not fighting.

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

As good as MVs offense is I think their defense is better at flopping. 

I haven’t seen flopping all year up until 2 of our playoff games and it has been one or two incidents. Everyone acts like flopping is happening every game all the time. 

1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

I haven’t seen flopping all year up until 2 of our playoff games and it has been one or two incidents. Everyone acts like flopping is happening every game all the time. 

I’m 2:31 left in the first of the West game and I’ve seen flipping three times already. 

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

I’m 2:31 left in the first of the West game and I’ve seen flipping three times already. 

Maybe I have been oblivious to some of it. Not sure, I’ll rewatch some it. 
Enjoy the show! Whether the defense flopped a couple times or not, they came to play. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Yep, and Commerce was notoriously the dirty team in our district this year. Gouging kids eyes in the piles, we had one kid that his eye was completely shut and swollen up the next day. 
One got ejected for after the play retaliation. The other got ejected for targeting, not fighting.

Maybe MV got it from Commerce then? Straight back to back games where players get thrown out and those players didn't have an issues the whole season. 

29 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Maybe MV got it from Commerce then? Straight back to back games where players get thrown out and those players didn't have an issues the whole season. 

Going deeper and deeper in the playoffs. Emotions run higher and higher. Teams are fighting for their playoff lives, it’s chippy. Both sides. I’m not saying either side is to blame. If you throw a punch, you get ejected 

West had 3 kids ejected, MV had 1. 
GW had 1 kid ejected, MV had 0

6 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Going deeper and deeper in the playoffs. Emotions run higher and higher. Teams are fighting for their playoff lives, it’s chippy. Both sides. I’m not saying either side is to blame. If you throw a punch, you get ejected 

West had 3 kids ejected, MV had 1. 
GW had 1 kid ejected, MV had 0

Usually the one retaliating gets caught.  

• Like 1