#2 Brock vs #3 Mt Vernon

Kaz27

Semifinals  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Mt. Vernon Tigers (14-0)
    • Brock Eagles (14-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2021 at 01:00 AM

4 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

I haven’t seen flopping all year up until 2 of our playoff games and it has been one or two incidents. Everyone acts like flopping is happening every game all the time. 

It happened at least 3 times in our game. You would think the coaches would put an end to it if they aren’t telling them to do it. 

7 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

It happened at least 3 times in our game. You would think the coaches would put an end to it if they aren’t telling them to do it. 

I can’t speak as much on y’all’s game. I had to watch that one on NFHS because I wasn’t in town. 
I did go back and rewatch the West game and @Eagleborn is exaggerating a little bit. 
I saw 2 or 3 flops total for the game, not 3 in the first quarter. Although, the one in the first quarter was pretty bad and could count as 3 😂

Guest Tiger03lb
4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I said Commerce was notoriously the dirtiest team in the district and you replied saying maybe MV got it from them 

You assuming that I called them dirty based in a question, when from the beginning I said provoke. Right, got it. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

You assuming that I called them dirty based in a question, when from the beginning I said provoke. Right, got it. 

You didn’t say they were dirty straight up, but definitely hinted at it. 
It’s all good, my point was just that the provoking/dirty play hasn’t showed up or been mentioned until the last 2 weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I can’t speak as much on y’all’s game. I had to watch that one on NFHS because I wasn’t in town. 
I did go back and rewatch the West game and @Eagleborn is exaggerating a little bit. 
I saw 2 or 3 flops total for the game, not 3 in the first quarter. Although, the one in the first quarter was pretty bad and could count as 3 😂

The one that happened in front of me was an attempt for an Academy Award 😂 it should be a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

29 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

The one that happened in front of me was an attempt for an Academy Award 😂 it should be a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Funny you mention unsportsmanlike conduct. Players were thrown out for personal fouls. Isn’t unsportsmanlike conduct usually the call for that. 

44 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Nah, not me. 

Guest Tiger03lb
57 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Definitely deserves it. 😆 Those Lebron classes are paying off. 

Whatever happens on Thursday, I’m super proud of this group of kids. Back to back region champs in the toughest region in the state is not easy to do. Brock has looked very good, but so has MV. I’m sure all of the computers and “experts” will be picking Brock. 
It’s a good thing they are not the ones playing Thursday night. 
Im picking MV by a field goal! Go Tigers! 

• Like 1

I called this game back on November 9th. I have been very intrigued by the prospect of it for several weeks cause i think Brock will be the first opponent of MVs in a while or the whole season that has some legit balance on offense. Now as @JasonDellaRosamentioned earlier in this thread, it remains to be seen if #21 for Brock is 100%. Also #0 for MV might have got banged up a little though im assuming he will be at full strength this week. This is definitely a great matchup and im excited to see it in person.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, chevyman said:

I called this game back on November 9th. I have been very intrigued by the prospect of it for several weeks cause i think Brock will be the first opponent of MVs in a while or the whole season that has some legit balance on offense. Now as @JasonDellaRosamentioned earlier in this thread, it remains to be seen if #21 for Brock is 100%. Also #0 for MV might have got banged up a little though im assuming he will be at full strength this week. This is definitely a great matchup and im excited to see it in person.

Brock is very balanced. Saw them for the first time in person, they are running the spread pretty good for their first year full blown into it. I think Brock wins by 2 scores but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in a shootout. Just glad this game isn't back at globe stadium. 

Bottom line, Gladewater and West thought they were going to push MV around and “out physical” them!  They were quite shocked when MV’s defense hit them in the mouth and physically dominated them for most of the game.  As men, when we start getting our butts whooped it is natural to get a little tempered and lose control of our emotions somewhat!  I believe that MV has shown themselves to be a very physical defense in the last two rounds!  Now, whether or not they can stop Brock, remains to be seen!  I do know this for sure though!  MV has not played a team as good as Brock but rest assured, MV is the best team Brock has played as well!  We are talking about the State Sem-Finals here!  Both teams have proven themselves to be great and may the best team win!  Neither team is dirty!  They are just good, hard-nosed physical football teams!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
8 minutes ago, Bluebloods14 said:

Bottom line, Gladewater and West thought they were going to push MV around and “out physical” them!  They were quite shocked when MV’s defense hit them in the mouth and physically dominated them for most of the game.  As men, when we start getting our butts whooped it is natural to get a little tempered and lose control of our emotions somewhat!  I believe that MV has shown themselves to be a very physical defense in the last two rounds!  Now, whether or not they can stop Brock, remains to be seen!  I do know this for sure though!  MV has not played a team as good as Brock but rest assured, MV is the best team Brock has played as well!  We are talking about the State Sem-Finals here!  Both teams have proven themselves to be great and may the best team win!  Neither team is dirty!  They are just good, hard-nosed physical football teams!

MV out physical West? Okay. Pretty even if you ask me. I know it's your opinion though. 

Did you watch the game?  If 50 and 70 are 2 of the best offensive lineman in the state then 60 and 23 for MV should play for Alabama and Georgia respectively!  I only talked about MV’s defense!  West was for sure the most physical defense MV has played.  MV’s defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage the whole game!  Please if you watched the game and didn’t see this then you need to switch to the volleyball board!

• Like 1

Brock has for a while given the region 2 finalist fits for years except Jim Ned did last year. I see this as another close game. The last 3 years the semi finals has been decided within a score. MVU has definitely turned the corner. Back to back semi finalist is hard to do. 

• Like 1