UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

45 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

If the board and supe do what’s expected I got a feeling this might be the best hire EF has made since Chad Morris ! #JacketPrideΒ 

Chad Morris inherited a team with 5 D1 players at the 2A level that had gone to the third and fourth round consecutively the previous two years, 13-1 the year before he got there. He has gone on to have a great career but not like EF wasn’t successful before he got there. Benny Mitchell laid the foundation for Chad Morris’s success at EF.Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Chad Morris inherited a team with 5 D1 players at the 2A level that had gone to the third and fourth round consecutively the previous two years, 13-1 the year before he got there. He has gone on to have a great career but not like EF wasn’t successful before he got there. Benny Mitchell laid the foundation for Chad Morris’s success at EF.Β 

Won’t get any argument from me on that lol and you act like I didn’t know that !! That’s why I said the best hire SINCE Chad Morris but since we being honest Chad did get EF and several other Schools to Jerry’s World so let’s not act like he rode anyone’s coat tails lol Morris would of won State with that 97’ team going away.Β 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Won’t get any argument from me on that lol and you act like I didn’t know that !! That’s why I said the best hire SINCE Chad Morris but since we being honest Chad did get EF and several other Schools to Jerry’s World so let’s not act like he rode anyone’s coat tails lol Morris would of won State with that 97’ team going away.Β 

He definitely didn't ride anyone's coat tails.Β 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

LA coach I was hoping for has withdrawn his name. Lack of communication from superintendent was the reason. Superintendent needs to go in EF for EF to be better. Until then, gonna be status quo and run like it’s the 1950’s. Incompetence at its finest at the top!Β 

It’s a shame that he has been allowed to stay in the Admin building this long he has run the entire district into the ground! He needs to be held accountable and Fired immediately. Β No excuse to mess this up other than flat out incompetence and failure to do the job he is appointed to do. Β Board needs to address this ASAP.Β 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

LA coach I was hoping for has withdrawn his name. Lack of communication from superintendent was the reason. Superintendent needs to go in EF for EF to be better. Until then, gonna be status quo and run like it’s the 1950’s. Incompetence at its finest at the top!Β 

That sucks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

It’s a shame that he has been allowed to stay in the Admin building this long he has run the entire district into the ground! He needs to be held accountable and Fired immediately. Β No excuse to mess this up other than flat out incompetence and failure to do the job he is appointed to do. Β Board needs to address this ASAP.Β 

Unless there is more information for which you are not privy. I have seen scenarios where administrators/managers were aware of facts that were not shared with the public. I have even seen scenarios where the public thought one thing, that was actually the opposite of reality.Β 

21 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Unless there is more information for which you are not privy. I have seen scenarios where administrators/managers were aware of facts that were not shared with the public. I have even seen scenarios where the public thought one thing, that was actually the opposite of reality.Β 

I understand what you are saying, but not the case with this one. Lack of communication from the sup, that’s all it is. The coach didn’t want to leave his current situation and jump in to something with a lack of communication from his boss. Just had an uneasy feeling about it so decided to stay where he was at.Β 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, jacket52 said:

Β 

Chad Morris is a great coach but like most who get lucky he Struck while the iron was hot at the places he went. Stephenville being the one thorn in his side. EF has Had some great coaches and great staff in the past, but they are a shell of their former selves. The Sup is a stagnant idiot who prevents progress. EF will probably make another subpar hire when it is all said and done, and everyone will gobble it up like it’s Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells.Β 

9 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

So is EF back at square one? Clock is ticking to get it right. Hope you guys had some other solid options.Β 

Β 

Might be time to do this Sadie Hawkins style and ask the right boy to the dance instead of waiting on them to ask you 🀣

I tried calling today but no one answered lolΒ 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

20 minutes ago, SilkyJohnson said:

So is EF back at square one? Clock is ticking to get it right. Hope you guys had some other solid options.Β 

Β 

Might be time to do this Sadie Hawkins style and ask the right boy to the dance instead of waiting on them to ask you 🀣

Not really back to square one. Superintendent supposedly narrowed it down to 3 finalist for the board to choose from. But if this doesn't show the board that a change needs to be made at the top, I don't know what will. Superintendent knew since August Ford was retiring. Sat on his hands. EF has not played a game since mid November, and still no coach. A change needs to be made at the top as well,

• Like 5

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow