UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

On 1/30/2022 at 2:46 AM, ArmchairOC said:
On 1/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, jacket52 said:

Won’t get any argument from me on that lol and you act like I didn’t know that !! That’s why I said the best hire SINCE Chad Morris but since we being honest Chad did get EF and several other Schools to Jerry’s World so let’s not act like he rode anyone’s coat tails lol Morris would of won State with that 97’ team going away.Β 
Β 

Chad Morris is a great coach but like most who get lucky he Struck while the iron was hot at the places he went. Stephenville being the one thorn in his side. EF has Had some great coaches and great staff in the past, but they are a shell of their former selves. The Sup is a stagnant idiot who prevents progress. EF will probably make another subpar hire when it is all said and done, and everyone will gobble it up like it’s Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells.Β 

They are a shell because of the current supt! You are 100% correct. But, everyone won't gobble the hire up like you suggest.Β 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Not really back to square one. Superintendent supposedly narrowed it down to 3 finalist for the board to choose from. But if this doesn't show the board that a change needs to be made at the top, I don't know what will. Superintendent knew since August Ford was retiring. Sat on his hands. EF has not played a game since mid November, and still no coach. A change needs to be made at the top as well,

I’m late to the dance and an outsider looking in so sorry I have to ask about the timeline. I looked back and this thread started December 6. When did Coach Ford submit his official resignation/retirement?

Any reason why this wasn't an internal hire? I thought this one would have been opened and closed pretty quick no matter what. Not a good look and a big red flag for the new guy coming in. Dragging your feet this long to where he can't even be a part of realignment? Seems dysfunctional.Β 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

August

Sounds like their Plan A fell through.Β  AND I'm sure with the longevity that Coach Ford had they were wanting to get it right.Β  Tomorrow is February 1st....6 months later.Β  I can see where this would be frustrating to the home folks....especially parents who have kids in the program.

Good luck!Β  Still a lot of movement out there so don't lose hope.

36 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Sounds like their Plan A fell through.Β  AND I'm sure with the longevity that Coach Ford had they were wanting to get it right.Β  Tomorrow is February 1st....6 months later.Β  I can see where this would be frustrating to the home folks....especially parents who have kids in the program.

Good luck!Β  Still a lot of movement out there so don't lose hope.

I wish that was the case to make it look better. It’s just lack of any type of urgency from superintendent. Like Mr Clean said, dysfunction from the top. Thanks for the words though.Β 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

I wish that was the case to make it look better. It’s just lack of any type of urgency from superintendent. Like Mr Clean said, dysfunction from the top. Thanks for the words though.Β 

Time is of the essence. The only ones who can demand that is the school board….the COMMUNITY’S representatives. School board month and superintendent contracts/evaluations in January. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ And there’s always public comments to express an opinion. Might be time for someone to do that.Β Not to get in your business…..lol But 6 months is a long time.

Our last 2: the job was posted in December 2017 and filled by February 2018; 125 or so applicants. The job last year was posted in February for a little over two weeks and filled first of March; 80+ candidates. Pretty efficient process.

Again, good luck. I remember some good battles with EF back in the 90s. One of those was played in Alto and was the Fox Sports Southwest game of the week at the time!

Β 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I just think its funny when you call the district administrator # and there's no answer and no voice mail...seems odd

That's cause the superintendent doesn't want to talk to anyone. Are you calling the number that gives you prompts for each campus? Just curious.

Β 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I applied and was offered the job, but they refused to meet my demand that Yellowjackets are yellow and black and not orange and white. So I had to refuse the job.Β 

Much respect to you for standing up for what you believe in. We need more people like you in this country. Stuff like calling an orange and white football team the Yellowjackets is the primary reason this country is going to hell in a hand basket.Β 

• Love 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow