UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

2 hours ago, EFISASWORTHLESSASATAINT said:

Heard the OC at Spring Hill that has ties to Calvary Christian in Shreveport was interested but I guess nothings ever panned out? Runs shotgun RPO

This is how rumors spread and wrong info gets out, lol. There are so many things incorrect with this post, I don’t know where to begin. This is like getting in a circle and whispering the same message in everyone’s ear all the way around the room and you were the last person to get the secret. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LarryBird33 said:

Beckville or Timpson coach would be two good hires if they wanted to leave for more money. But Beckville is pretty stacked for years to come unless they get plucked away by Tatum and Carthage

Beckville gets kids from Tatum. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LarryBird33 said:

Beckville or Timpson coach would be two good hires if they wanted to leave for more money. But Beckville is pretty stacked for years to come unless they get plucked away by Tatum and Carthage

Beckville coach didn’t apply at Tatum from what I was told. If he was interested in leaving Beckville for more money that would have been the job to go after, seeing how it’s his alma mater. I don’t see Coach T leaving Timpson for anything short of retirement. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Much respect to you for standing up for what you believe in. We need more people like you in this country. Stuff like calling an orange and white football team the Yellowjackets is the primary reason this country is going to hell in a hand basket. 

A YellowJacket when pist off turns a orange color or so all Jackets have been told lol 😂 

2 hours ago, LarryBird33 said:

I think Timpson coach is compensated fairly well. EF is only going to pay around $85,000 a yr. 

Heard a former EF HC/AD withdrew his name and was potentially the “home run” candidate. Other than that three current Louisiana coaches with East Texas ties who either also withdrew or were turned down by board. Heard there was early clamor for another former EF coach with some decent support but Sup balked because he would have been a retire/rehire (currently at Hallsville). Seems like the board/community and the Sup have different opinions that aren’t quite matching up. This search has gone on for a long time, interesting to see how it ends at this point. 

33 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Heard a former EF HC/AD withdrew his name and was potentially the “home run” candidate. Other than that three current Louisiana coaches with East Texas ties who either also withdrew or were turned down by board. Heard there was early clamor for another former EF coach with some decent support but Sup balked because he would have been a retire/rehire (currently at Hallsville). Seems like the board/community and the Sup have different opinions that aren’t quite matching up. This search has gone on for a long time, interesting to see how it ends at this point. 

The homerun hire was a LA coach that pulled his name cause he couldn’t get answers or communication from the superintendent. The former EF coach pulled his name also but he was max, the number 2 choice. The board is just as in the dark as this message board. Only the superintendent and probably one of his friends, a former board member, knows what’s going on. No one knows but those 2 and coaches that have been contacted. The superintendent will not hire a retiree. Rumor was Ford tried to get the coach you are referring to on staff a few years ago and the superintendent shot it down. Until the superintendent at EF is replaced, this is how things will go. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LarryBird33 said:

Deberry Jacket and Jacket52 I wish y’all the best of luck. The LA coach would’ve been a good one. Is Chapman keeping everyone in the dark because he has his own candidate picked out. Hopefully yalls coach will be able to start before July

No one really knows what Chapman is doing. I’m beginning to wonder if he even knows. He doesn’t communicate anything with anyone. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Supposed to be voted on at the board meeting Feb 14

I know a lot are against it just by reading that wake up EF page but it’s not like you have to take every person that tries to transfer in. I was just curious why enrollment has fallen so much at EF? I’ve got family that teaches there and cousins that are students and it seems like a battle of old money and people set in their ways versus new ideas and people wanting changes made for the betterment of the district as a whole

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LarryBird33 said:

I know a lot are against it just by reading that wake up EF page but it’s not like you have to take every person that tries to transfer in. I was just curious why enrollment has fallen so much at EF? I’ve got family that teaches there and cousins that are students and it seems like a battle of old money and people set in their ways versus new ideas and people wanting changes made for the betterment of the district as a whole

That’s my opinion also.

On 2/4/2022 at 1:24 PM, LarryBird33 said:

Heard the OC at Spring Hill that has ties to Calvary Christian in Shreveport was interested but I guess nothings ever panned out? Runs shotgun RPO

The Spring Hill OC didn't have ties to Calvary Christian. He was a finalist for Atlanta job but decided to take College job. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow