UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

13 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Per school website. Supe resigned. Next board meeting has discussion about interim supe and hiring process of new AD/HC. Lol

Was there not a process in place? Even with SI quitting, you would think they would follow current process and already have it narrowed down…

41 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Man this escalated quickly….. EF so close to the Louisiana border they done started acting like them crazy cajuns…..If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch this place for any amount of money….

The reason a coach wouldn't touch this place is leaving. Things will only improve. Why do you think it has taken so long to even bring finalist to the board? A person who should take over is already employed by the district. Hire that person and the district will be set for years to come.Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

The reason a coach wouldn't touch this place is leaving. Things will only improve. Why do you think it has taken so long to even bring finalist to the board? A person who should take over is already employed by the district. Hire that person and the district will be set for years to come.Β 

And that person is?

I hear ya. Just curious. It’s gonna take someone special to want to come in and be apart of the current state of affairs. Definitely going to need someone with a vested interest in the community because the longer this goes on, it ain’t looking good for the candidate pool.Β 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

Man this escalated quickly….. EF so close to the Louisiana border they done started acting like them crazy cajuns…..If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch this place for any amount of money….

Don’t be mad cause your coach was in town last week πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Was there not a process in place? Even with SI quitting, you would think they would follow current process and already have it narrowed down…

There is a process that’s why there is no meeting tonight they are following protocol with the SI stepping down it changed the process.Β 

9 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

I hear ya. Just curious. It’s gonna take someone special to want to come in and be apart of the current state of affairs. Definitely going to need someone with a vested interest in the community because the longer this goes on, it ain’t looking good for the candidate pool.Β 

They had over 70 applicants I think the candidate pool is fine. And some that had previously pulled name with new leadership are back in play.Β 

14 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Current state of affairs aren’t that bad. The poor decision making and communication was the issue. That has been alleviated. The person I’m referring to has a vested interest. I believe that person could repair a lot of the issues and find a good coach.Β 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Gonna have to have more than hearsay to verify your claim…..I mean someone could say I was at Greezy house and I know that didn’t happen

Well I don’t normally take pictures with every person I meet that’s kinda weird.Β 

1 minute ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Current state of affairs aren’t that bad. The poor decision making and communication was the issue. That has been alleviated. The person I’m referring to has a vested interest. I believe that person could repair a lot of the issues and find a good coach.Β 

Sounds like a principal’s spouse wants them to be Supt

3 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Hope that’s the case. I was referring to the AD spot. Rooting for whomever takes over in both positions.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Sounds like the supt had 3 finalists board didn't like any of them...supt basically takes it as a no confidence vote and resigns...probably other underlying issues and this was the last strawΒ 

Board and Supt working relationship is a big deal if evbody is not on same page. Hard for the district to get anything accomplished in any field….. β€œHouse divided can not stand”……As difficult as it may be, sometimes the best option is for the Supt to move on down the road….. Also is amazing, no matter what people say, ftball is still king in Texas

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow