UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

On 2/8/2022 at 2:15 PM, jacket52 said:

That’s interesting 🤨 cause I was told he has been to EF several times and was on short list but what do I know.  I hope your right cause like I said previously I do not want to watch EF run Slot T ! 

So you'd rather watch your preferred offense for 12-13 games than to watch a different offense for 16?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

So you'd rather watch your preferred offense for 12-13 games than to watch a different offense for 16?

Hey, I would prefer to watch the spread but winning and going deeper in the playoffs will take the pain away. Lol I mean I don’t care what offense my team runs if they are yearly contenders. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Hey, I would prefer to watch the spread but winning and going deeper in the playoffs will take the pain away. Lol I mean I don’t care what offense my team runs if they are yearly contenders. 

I think the flexbone when run to the level keeling expects is JUST as fun if not more fun than the spread..... the philosophies are actually a lot more similar than people realize..... way different thern "wing T" or something like that.... Flexbone is 100% differentr 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

I think the flexbone when run to the level keeling expects is JUST as fun if not more fun than the spread..... the philosophies are actually a lot more similar than people realize..... way different thern "wing T" or something like that.... Flexbone is 100% differentr 

And it takes the right one to coach it, big difference there also.

5 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

People want to watch the spread over the flexbone because it makes them think they know what's going on. Most people in the stands can't tell the difference between the different plays in the flexbone. It is just as explosive as the spread. People want to see the same thing they see on Saturdays because it is familiar. 

27 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

People want to watch the spread over the flexbone because it makes them think they know what's going on. Most people in the stands can't tell the difference between the different plays in the flexbone. It is just as explosive as the spread. People want to see the same thing they see on Saturdays because it is familiar. 

Let's face it....most people in the stands don't know the difference in the plays being run in the spread either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowebot said:

Yeah, I think what people have to realize is the concepts of these offenses can be run from many different formations.  You can run many of the plays in different sets.  Changes the blocking schemes and the personnel, but the concept of the play is the same.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Most people in stands don’t know the difference between a slant and a post lol

14 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

That’s because you don’t understand those other offenses. 🤣🤣🤣

I played Oline for Morris I understand a whole hell of a lot more than you think. But nobody wants to see 3yards and cloud of dust anymore not even fans of teams that win enjoy watching it. 

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I played Oline for Morris I understand a whole hell of a lot more than you think. But nobody wants to see 3yards and cloud of dust anymore not even fans of teams that win enjoy watching it. 

I was being a smart Alec about the other comments. Like you have to understand an offense to enjoy it. I’m with you, I prefer to spread the field and watch a good passing game compliment a good running game. 

How was board meeting last night in EF.  Was told the same old same with people not wanting transfers. Same scare tactics that it will bring property values down and bring crime and the “wrong” kind of kids to the district.

Best thing we ever did in Diana to keep this School dist from dying and consolidating with Ore City.  Property values thru the roof. Homes sell as fast as they are listed and subdivisions being built right and left. 

No additional issues with discipline or with the “wrong” people transferring in. 

The family pays the transer fee and the state throws in their fees. 

Has worked out great.  Many others districts I deal with feel the same. 

I guess EF knows something every other district in East Texas doesn’t about transfers. 

Any word on Supt or AD/HFC?

person I talked to said the board went into executive session and they left. 

• Love 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow