UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

36 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I played Oline for Morris I understand a whole hell of a lot more than you think. But nobody wants to see 3yards and cloud of dust anymore not even fans of teams that win enjoy watching it.Β 

Based on that score I'd bet Waskom had a lot of plays over 3 yards.Β 

4 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

How was board meeting last night in EF. Β Was told the same old same with people not wanting transfers. Same scare tactics that it will bring property values down and bring crime and the β€œwrong” kind of kids to the district.

Best thing we ever did in Diana to keep this School dist from dying and consolidating with Ore City. Β Property values thru the roof. Homes sell as fast as they are listed and subdivisions being built right and left.Β 
Β 

No additional issues with discipline or with the β€œwrong” people transferring in.Β 
Β 

The family pays the transer fee and the state throws in their fees.Β 
Β 

Has worked out great. Β Many others districts I deal with feel the same.Β 
Β 

I guess EF knows something every other district in East Texas doesn’t about transfers.Β 
Β 

Any word on Supt or AD/HFC?

person I talked to said the board went into executive session and they left.Β 

Try buying a house or land here in Sabine. It’s crazyΒ 

1 hour ago, Eagle1986 said:

Was told the now "acting" Supt is in charge of the AD/HFC hire.Β  Said she was a 3rd grade teacher just 3 years ago. Has never hired ANYONE, much less this kind of hire.

Β 

Β  Β Just WOW is all I can say..lol

She won’t be making the hire by herself. They have formed a hiring committee. They have a couple of people on the hiring committee that know what they are doing.Β 

7 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

How was board meeting last night in EF. Β Was told the same old same with people not wanting transfers. Same scare tactics that it will bring property values down and bring crime and the β€œwrong” kind of kids to the district.

Best thing we ever did in Diana to keep this School dist from dying and consolidating with Ore City. Β Property values thru the roof. Homes sell as fast as they are listed and subdivisions being built right and left.Β 
Β 

No additional issues with discipline or with the β€œwrong” people transferring in.Β 
Β 

The family pays the transer fee and the state throws in their fees.Β 
Β 

Has worked out great. Β Many others districts I deal with feel the same.Β 
Β 

I guess EF knows something every other district in East Texas doesn’t about transfers.Β 
Β 

Any word on Supt or AD/HFC?

person I talked to said the board went into executive session and they left.Β 

Diana has stopped accepting transfers. They don’t want to be Big 3A.

35 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Β We will be pushing 4A D2 in 6 years. The construction and home building is insane in the district. On my road alone, 2 new subdivisions alone, one with 3 homes, the other with 25. A line of people waiting to buy them. across 154 they are clearing another spot for I am told 25-40 homes.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

New Diana ISD Plan of Innovation Effective February 15, 2022-February 15, 2027

Β 

INTER-DISTRICT TRANFERS (Texas Education Code 25.036) Manner in which the statute inhibits the plan Under Texas Education Code 25.001, a district may choose to accept, as transfers, students who are not entitled to enroll in the district. Under TEC 25.036, a transfer is interpreted to be for a period of one school year. New Diana ISD maintains a transfer policy under FDA (Local) requiring nonresident students wishing to transfer to file a transfer application each school year. In approving transfer requests, the availability of space and instructional staff, the student’s disciplinary history records and attendance records are also evaluated by the Superintendent or designee. Transfer students are expected to follow the rules and regulations of the District. The District is seeking to eliminate the provision of a one-year commitment in accepting transfer applicants. On rare occasions, student behavior warrants suspension (in or out of school), placement in a disciplinary alternative program, or expulsion. In addition, student attendance may fall below the TEA truancy standard. In these rare occasions, New Diana ISD seeks exemption from the one year transfer commitment.

8 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

New Diana ISD Plan of Innovation Effective February 15, 2022-February 15, 2027

Β 

INTER-DISTRICT TRANFERS (Texas Education Code 25.036) Manner in which the statute inhibits the plan Under Texas Education Code 25.001, a district may choose to accept, as transfers, students who are not entitled to enroll in the district. Under TEC 25.036, a transfer is interpreted to be for a period of one school year. New Diana ISD maintains a transfer policy under FDA (Local) requiring nonresident students wishing to transfer to file a transfer application each school year. In approving transfer requests, the availability of space and instructional staff, the student’s disciplinary history records and attendance records are also evaluated by the Superintendent or designee. Transfer students are expected to follow the rules and regulations of the District. The District is seeking to eliminate the provision of a one-year commitment in accepting transfer applicants. On rare occasions, student behavior warrants suspension (in or out of school), placement in a disciplinary alternative program, or expulsion. In addition, student attendance may fall below the TEA truancy standard. In these rare occasions, New Diana ISD seeks exemption from the one year transfer commitment.

That is the key world right there.Β 

I’ll translate for the common folk.Β 
Β 

If you are good at baseball feel free to transfer in. Others need not apply.Β 

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Seems as if they turn down kids who are good at football as well. I’m a graduate of ND, and I’m embarrassed of the football program, and how they still have not upgraded the High School or Middle school. Put new turf on the football field, but did nothing to upgrade the stadium seating or concessions.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

They tried with amother bond measure, but voters turned it downΒ 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

That is the key world right there.Β 

I’ll translate for the common folk.Β 
Β 

If you are good at baseball feel free to transfer in. Others need not apply.Β 

You said we stopped taking transfers. We did not. The same policy has been Β in effect. The supt and board has always had to approve a transfer.Β 

Β 

many many transfers going to Diana that don’t play any sport like my nephew and niece. They live north of Gilmer. Parents work in Longview. Β We not happy with the academics in Gilmer, so they transfered them to Diana. Β Drop them off right on the way to work each day. Bus drops them off at their grandparents house in the afternoon.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

45 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Seems as if they turn down kids who are good at football as well. I’m a graduate of ND, and I’m embarrassed of the football program, and how they still have not upgraded the High School or Middle school. Put new turf on the football field, but did nothing to upgrade the stadium seating or concessions.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

They have a really good 7th and 9th grade class right now, so it should improve unless those kids are forced to specialize.Β 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

When you make one sport a lot less work than others, that causes kids to specialize as well....

Can’t speak to that. Β I do see a lot of athletes working hard and trying to balance a lot today. Β The sports culture has created this idea that you have to spend a million hours in one sport to be good at it. Β That itself puts immense pressure on a multi sport athlete. Β 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow