UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

7 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

With all the “wealth,” moving in to the district, you would think their would be no problem getting a bond to pass. Bonds have been getting rejected since I was in school, and it’s ridiculous. 

Hopefully the new blood will change. The old school people that have lived here for decades vote no without even reading the bond.  

they would be fine with them play basketball with a hoop in the parking lot. 

we did get one bond passed in 2017 after the one in 2014 failed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

You said we stopped taking transfers. We did not. The same policy has been  in effect. The supt and board has always had to approve a transfer. 

many many transfers going to Diana that don’t play any sport like my nephew and niece. They live north of Gilmer. Parents work in Longview.  We not happy with the academics in Gilmer, so they transfered them to Diana.  Drop them off right on the way to work each day. Bus drops them off at their grandparents house in the afternoon. 

Board has nothing to do with transfers. It goes to principals of the particular campus and Supt can override but board isn't in process. Also a district is audited on transfer acceptance and decline. Attendance. discipline. academics are factors in transfer approval. District is also audited yearly in said categories and state funding depends on how the district scores in said categories. .... All that being said. the district can decline any transfer on those basis so they can choose somewhat the make up on transfer approval to a certain extent

Just now, SilkyJohnson said:

What about the rest of em?! 🤣

LOL. Well, we got lucky they included a couple. But, in all seriousness, they have a better process in place now, than with the superintendent. The leadership that is left listened and got it right for the most part. Now, just got to find the right one. Give it about 2 weeks. Hire won't be made in 2 weeks, but it will be narrowed down. 

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

LOL. Well, we got lucky they included a couple. But, in all seriousness, they have a better process in place now, than with the superintendent. The leadership that is left listened and got it right for the most part. Now, just got to find the right one. Give it about 2 weeks. Hire won't be made in 2 weeks, but it will be narrowed down. 

who is the interim Supt?

On 2/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, Nick2011 said:

With all the “wealth,” moving in to the district, you would think their would be no problem getting a bond to pass. Bonds have been getting rejected since I was in school, and it’s ridiculous. 

Sounds like Mt. Vernon. They have tried getting turf and upgrades for years and keep getting rejected somehow

10 hours ago, 1waterboy said:

True or False ? 

Are you guys considering on bringing Scott back for 1 season?  Just the word on the street. I don’t see this happening but it could work to get the right guy hired and in place. 

Someone already told you to quit listening to momma. And there you go again listening to momma. I disagreed with some of what Ford did, but he was also put at a disadvantage by the superintendent on a lot of things. Like I said, that situation has been rectified and the new leadership has a plan in place for the new AD. Let's see if it works. 

3 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Someone already told you to quit listening to momma. And there you go again listening to momma. I disagreed with some of what Ford did, but he was also put at a disadvantage by the superintendent on a lot of things. Like I said, that situation has been rectified and the new leadership has a plan in place for the new AD. Let's see if it works. 

So just for giggles, what plan will be in place for the new AD once they are hired?  Or do you mean a new plan in place for hiring an AD?

10 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

So it’s TRUE!

momma is always right 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow