UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Yep, I'd take a lot of money across state lines and wager that when this process started that an OC from Wichita Falls was not what the community was hoping for. Knowing some of the names that were floated out there as front runners at different times in the search, this is a bit of a head scratcher.ย  But hey, that's what can happen when you give an interim Sup the keys to the city. It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts with all the administrative changes that have yet to be made. I'd set the line at two years tops, wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

1 hour ago, ArmchairOC said:

Yep, I'd take a lot of money across state lines and wager that when this process started that an OC from Wichita Falls was not what the community was hoping for. Knowing some of the names that were floated out there as front runners at different times in the search, this is a bit of a head scratcher.ย  But hey, that's what can happen when you give an interim Sup the keys to the city. It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts with all the administrative changes that have yet to be made. I'd set the line at two years tops, wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

Hirschi had a great run last year and the school is closing, which should create an avenue for him to bring coaches with him who want to pick their own spot. I think this might be a really good hire for EF.ย 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArmchairOC said:

Coach Crow may better than all "of the names floated out there". Did the interim Sup make the decision by himself and then vote by himself on the board meeting? I have seen situations where "hiring authorities" have more details about candidates than folks inhabiting the message boards. It is rare, but it I have seen it.ย 

Iโ€™ve seen guys comment on a message board not knowing the interim sup being referred to is a female and not a male also. To your point no, she was not alone. Myย main point was EF placed someone who has never hired anyone in the position of leading the hiring committee for the HC/AD which is a big decision for the district.ย 

The next point was someone not from the area may be walking into a situation ย that is yet to develop. A good relationship with the Sup and Campus princiapals is imperative for a new HC/AD and those positions are all still up in the air. ย Might not last long if a lot of things donโ€™t go right in the district.ย 

22 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Iโ€™ve seen guys comment on a message board not knowing the interim sup being referred to is a female and not a male also. To your point no, she was not alone. Myย main point was EF placed someone who has never hired anyone in the position of leading the hiring committee for the HC/AD which is a big decision for the district.ย 

The next point was someone not from the area may be walking into a situation ย that is yet to develop. A good relationship with the Sup and Campus princiapals is imperative for a new HC/AD and those positions are all still up in the air. ย Might not last long if a lot of things donโ€™t go right in the district.ย 

Understood, How did you confirm that "she has never hired anyone"?ย 

You got me againโ€ฆ I will re-phrase she has never hired anyone as important for a district as the HC/AD. Her first time doing so was in a very rare circumstance that was way outside of the norm for any school district. She was not alone on the committee but was the main voice in selecting the final candidates that were presented to the committee.ย 

โ€œNever hired anyoneโ€ was hyperbole. She has been a campus head principal so has probably hired a few classroom teachers before.ย 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

That applies to pretty much every AD hire.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

That applies to pretty much every AD hire.

Yes but this is EF weโ€™re talking about. More directed at them specifically in context. This is the school that with admin in place has let more than one HC/AD go that went to the 5th round of the playoffs. I do hope it goes well, never rooting against anyone. EF just has a track record that speaks for itself.ย 

46 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Yes but this is EF weโ€™re talking about. More directed at them specifically in context. This is the school that with admin in place has let more than one HC/AD go that went to the 5th round of the playoffs. I do hope it goes well, never rooting against anyone. EF just has a track record that speaks for itself.ย 

Who are the multiple coaches that were let go by EF after a 5th round appearance?

20 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Who are the multiple coaches that were let go by EF after a 5th round appearance?

1.) Eric King

2.) Benny Mitchell

If you have a technicality that makes you right and me wrong go right ahead. Mitchell may have 13-1 and not 14-1 in 1997. I was little back then, so if you have the fact check you win bud. It completely disproves my point that EF has ran off good coaches and also had some really good coaches come and go after 2-3 years.ย 

11 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

1.) Eric King

2.) Benny Mitchell

If you have a technicality that makes you right and me wrong go right ahead. Mitchell may have 13-1 and not 14-1 in 1997. I was little back then, so if you have the fact check you win bud. It completely disproves my point that EF has ran off good coaches and also had some really good coaches come and go after 2-3 years.ย 

No, I had no idea, thatโ€™s why I asked.ย 

2 hours ago, ArmchairOC said:

1.) Eric King

2.) Benny Mitchell

Also Patton after going to State lolย 

22 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Board was never presented a list. That was a big issue and a reason why Superintendent is no longer there. He drug his feet too long. But you are right, he interviewed a while back with former superintendent.ย 

That's not correct.ย  The hiring process was going along just fine.ย  He resigned of his own free will due to a matter related to the hiring process.ย  The board did not let him go or ask him to retire.

10 hours ago, ArmchairOC said:

You have absolutely no clue "what the community was hoping for" and you certainly don't know ALL of the names that were "floated out there as front runners".ย  Some coaches withdrew their names from consideration and some accepted jobs elsewhere.

The superintendent was NOT given the keys to the city.ย  She was part of a hiring committee who had the job of selecting 10-15 candidates for interviews, conducting the interviews and narrowing down from there.

4 hours ago, ArmchairOC said:

Have you ever considered the other factors that would cause a district to not renew a HC/AD?ย  The win/loss record isn't the only factor to be considered.

24 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

That's not correct.ย  The hiring process was going along just fine.ย  He resigned of his own free will due to a matter related to the hiring process.ย  The board did not let him go or ask him to retire.

I donโ€™t think I said the board asked him to retire. I said the hiring process was some of the issue. Nothing I said was false. Didnโ€™t attack him personally either. ย He knew Ford was retiring since August and posted the job in December. So, I have a little idea of what went on.ย 

17 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

You have absolutely no clue "what the community was hoping for" and you certainly don't know ALL of the names that were "floated out there as front runners".ย  Some coaches withdrew their names from consideration and some accepted jobs elsewhere.

The superintendent was NOT given the keys to the city.ย  She was part of a hiring committee who had the job of selecting 10-15 candidates for interviews, conducting the interviews and narrowing down from there.

What city? .... ๐Ÿ˜†ย 

• LOL! 1

46 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Board was never presented a list. That was a big issue and a reason why Superintendent is no longer there.

Here are the first two sentences of your post.ย  By saying that, you are implying that the Superintendent was let go because the board wasn't presented with a list of candidates.ย  That simply isn't true.

19 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I donโ€™t think I said the board asked him to retire. I said the hiring process was some of the issue. Nothing I said was false. Didnโ€™t attack him personally either. ย He knew Ford was retiring since August and posted the job in December. So, I have a little idea of what went on.ย 

He had no idea when or if Coach Ford was going to formally submit his retirement.ย  The job was posted at the appropriate time considering all of the circumstances.

38 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Here are the first two sentences of your post.ย  By saying that, you are implying that the Superintendent was let go because the board wasn't presented with a list of candidates.ย  That simply isn't true.

He had no idea when or if Coach Ford was going to formally submit his retirement.ย  The job was posted at the appropriate time considering all of the circumstances.

I said a reason why he was gone. Not the only reason. And every coach on staff and half the community knew Ford was retiring. I doubt Chapman, Fordโ€™s boss, didnโ€™t know he was retiring. Chapman didnโ€™t want to go thru the hiring process and asked Ford to stay multiple times. Chapman wanted it as easy as possible.ย