UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

5 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I said a reason why he was gone. Not the only reason. And every coach on staff and half the community knew Ford was retiring. I doubt Chapman, Ford’s boss, didn’t know he was retiring. Chapman didn’t want to go thru the hiring process and asked Ford to stay multiple times. Chapman wanted it as easy as possible. 

Did Mr. Chapman tell you this personally?  If you know him that well then surely you can say so here, on this anonymous forum.  If not, then you are just making this up as you go so that you sound knowledgeable on an anonymous message board.

The bigger point that you and others seem to be missing is the fact that the job was posted in plenty of time and under the proper protocol and procedure for such matters.  There were several great candidates that applied and the committee chose the one that they felt best aligned with the district's goals.

39 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Did Mr. Chapman tell you this personally?  If you know him that well then surely you can say so here, on this anonymous forum.  If not, then you are just making this up as you go so that you sound knowledgeable on an anonymous message board.

The bigger point that you and others seem to be missing is the fact that the job was posted in plenty of time and under the proper protocol and procedure for such matters.  There were several great candidates that applied and the committee chose the one that they felt best aligned with the district's goals.

From what you have posted, I feel like I know more that you do about the situation. But no need to continue to argue. Technically, the interim superintendent made the choice. Not gonna get into those details. But from who I think you are, you should be very familiar with the committee and what took place on the committee. 

26 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

From what you have posted, I feel like I know more that you do about the situation. But no need to continue to argue. Technically, the interim superintendent made the choice. Not gonna get into those details. But from who I think you are, you should be very familiar with the committee and what took place on the committee. 

Both of you seem to know a lot more than the avg Joe fan about the inner workings of EFISD.  LOL!

7 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

From what you have posted, I feel like I know more that you do about the situation. Trust me, you don't.

But no need to continue to argue.  Thank you.

Technically, the interim superintendent made the choice. Not gonna get into those details.  Because you can't.

But from who I think you are, you should be very familiar with the committee and what took place on the committee.  I am.

I have very little patience for anonymous message board/social media keyboard warriors because you state rumors and hearsay as fact and other people run with it.  If you don't know, don't post.

9 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

From what you have posted, I feel like I know more that you do about the situation. Trust me, you don't.

But no need to continue to argue.  Thank you.

Technically, the interim superintendent made the choice. Not gonna get into those details.  Because you can't. 

I can but won’t give the details out of respect to all the candidates that applied and were interviewed. 

But from who I think you are, you should be very familiar with the committee and what took place on the committee.  I am.

I have very little patience for anonymous message board/social media keyboard warriors because you state rumors and hearsay as fact and other people run with it.  If you don't know, don't post.

What have I posted that’s false? You post the same rhetoric on the local EF social media pages. I have read it for months. You defend Chapman to the end despite his job performance. Now defending the hiring process. You think you know but you don’t. If you and others would take off the Orange & White colored glasses, EF could improve even more. Not a keyboard warrior, I’m just posting facts, not rumors. Can back everything I have posted up also. Just choosing to keep it basic out of respect to the coaches that interviewed and applied and coach that was hired. 

Funny you complain about anonymous message boards but the title of your screen name includes “burner account”

On 1/19/2022 at 6:54 AM, DeBerryJacket said:

EF has a guy that has applied and interviewed. His resume is outstanding. Really should be a no brainer. EF don't get coaches with this type of resume apply. Hopefully the superintendent and the board make the hire.

Example #1:  Unless you've been part of the past or current hiring committees or have some administrator level of knowledge of the applicants, you have no clue what types of coaches apply.  

On 1/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

You would think! Wish a board member or 2 would step in and call an emergency meeting. From what I have heard they have a couple of quality candidates and a homerun candidate. They have enough to choose from. Not sure why superintendent is dragging. But board needs to step in and get this thing done. 

Do you know how long it takes to properly screen and complete the due diligence research on several candidates?  No, you don't.  Unless you are a coach, superintendent or administrator (and you clearly are not) you have no idea what the process involves.  Only an idiot would rush a process like this.

On 1/29/2022 at 7:46 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

LA coach I was hoping for has withdrawn his name. Lack of communication from superintendent was the reason. Superintendent needs to go in EF for EF to be better. Until then, gonna be status quo and run like it’s the 1950’s. Incompetence at its finest at the top! 

Example #3:  That coach was interviewed and did not make the cut for several reasons.  You're trying way too hard to pin this on the superintendent.

1 minute ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Example #4:  The superintendent was going through the process just fine until someone over-stepped their bounds and interfered. 

Lol, you are making a fool of yourself. You don’t have a clue. Just cause your daddy was put on the hiring committee last minute doesn’t mean you know anything. Especially what happened before the hiring committee was formed. Go let your mommy take care of you like she has done her entire life. Get off the Internet before she has to bail you out of a bunch of trouble again. Poppycock like you are posting is part of the reason she was voted off the board too. Need to learn when to pipe down Junior. 

6 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Lol, you are making a fool of yourself. You don’t have a clue. Just cause your daddy was put on the hiring committee last minute doesn’t mean you know anything. Especially what happened before the hiring committee was formed. Go let your mommy take care of you like she has done her entire life. Get off the Internet before she has to bail you out of a bunch of trouble again. Poppycock like you are posting is part of the reason she was voted off the board too. Need to learn when to pipe down Junior. 

Nuclear. 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:12 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

I would believe this if old superintendent was still running show. But he’s out of it. They wouldn’t have formed a hiring committee, reviewed all the applications and set up interviews if it was for show. It’s not for show this go round. There is one in the list that they should offer him the job as soon as he walks in for the interview. They won’t do it that way, but they should. 

Example #5:  Even if he failed the background check?  Or has multiple credible sources stating that he has character issues?  That is not how you hire people that will influence the students of the district.

2 minutes ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Example #5:  Even if he failed the background check?  Or has multiple credible sources stating that he has character issues?  That is not how you hire people that will influence the students of the district.

Didn’t fail background check and has zero character issues. We must be discussing two different coaches.

16 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Example #6:  I'll leave you alone and let you keep thinking you know who I am.  I'm not trying to embarass you, I'm not going to call you names and I'm certainly not going to get dragged down into the muck arguing back and forth.  I think I've done a good job of showing you exactly where you made posts that aren't factual.

I know this forum lends itself to opinion and speculation.  That's all well and good but I take issue with posters that keep pushing a false narrative (the superintendent was dragging his feet and was in over his head) like you have in this thread.  You are not a board member, you weren't on the hiring committee and you are not an administrator; therefore, you have no idea what the entire hiring process consists of.  Please stop posting as if you do. 

Have a great day!

1 minute ago, smoakysburneracount said:

Example #6:  I'll leave you alone and let you keep thinking you know who I am.  I'm not trying to embarass you, I'm not going to call you names and I'm certainly not going to get dragged down into the muck arguing back and forth.  I think I've done a good job of showing you exactly where you made posts that aren't factual.

I know this forum lends itself to opinion and speculation.  That's all well and good but I take issue with posters that keep pushing a false narrative (the superintendent was dragging his feet and was in over his head) like you have in this thread.  You are not a board member, you weren't on the hiring committee and you are not an administrator; therefore, you have no idea what the entire hiring process consists of.  Please stop posting as if you do. 

Have a great day!

You haven’t shown any proof what I posted was not factual. You don’t know what position I hold within the district. What I posted was facts and truth, it’s just a hard pill for you to swallow as a Chapman supporter. EF got a new coach and it’s time to move forward.

But same to you, have a nice day. 

38 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Wonder if the coach from across the state knows what he’s getting into. 

Also looking at his history he seems to bounce around somewhat. 

If he doesnt he'll find out pretty quick...actually he's probably better off not reading 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:28 PM, Eagleborn said:

Wonder if the coach from across the state knows what he’s getting into. 

Also looking at his history he seems to bounce around somewhat. 

Bouncing around just happens sometimes as a coach.  Sometimes you have no control over that.....at all.