UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Ijustwatch

6 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Yea after Nick spent the entire preseason arguing with me and others guaranteeing they would make the 4th round at the VERY LEAST I believe his exact words were. 3rd round exits means you beat one legit team in the second round because as district champs of the weak district your in you pull a fourth round team that is probably 4-6 or 3-7. 

I felt like they would make the 4th round, but I was wrong. So be it, I must not be a football guru like you.  I think they were capable of making the 4th round, but they didn’t.

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Ok. 2020 y’all went 10-2 right? I see 3 rounds. Y’all musta missed a game because of the Wuhan?

Yeah, I think week 1 game of that season got canceled if I remember right. 

There is a list of hundreds of schools that would like to make it to the 3rd round. It wasn't too long ago that losing seasons were common down in New London. I would not have been surprised with the 4th round from them this year, and same goes for next year. But let's not get so used to success that we act like they aren't doing a good job over there. 

Anyway every day that this job goes unannounced surprises me. The offseason is getting largely cut into. Time to get the know the kids, strengths, and weaknesses is getting cut into. Is it just radio silence from admin or are they getting close? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

There is a list of hundreds of schools that would like to make it to the 3rd round. It wasn't too long ago that losing seasons were common down in New London. I would not have been surprised with the 4th round from them this year, and same goes for next year. But let's not get so used to success that we act like they aren't doing a good job over there. 

Anyway every day that this job goes unannounced surprises me. The offseason is getting largely cut into. Time to get the know the kids, strengths, and weaknesses is getting cut into. Is it just radio silence from admin or are they getting close? 

They don't know themselves 

13 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Per school website. Supe resigned. Next board meeting has discussion about interim supe and hiring process of new AD/HC. Lol

Was there not a process in place? Even with SI quitting, you would think they would follow current process and already have it narrowed down…

11 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Was there not a process in place? Even with SI quitting, you would think they would follow current process and already have it narrowed down…

Idk. I’m not apart of the dumpster fire. 

• LOL! 1

41 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Man this escalated quickly….. EF so close to the Louisiana border they done started acting like them crazy cajuns…..If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch this place for any amount of money….

The reason a coach wouldn't touch this place is leaving. Things will only improve. Why do you think it has taken so long to even bring finalist to the board? A person who should take over is already employed by the district. Hire that person and the district will be set for years to come. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

The reason a coach wouldn't touch this place is leaving. Things will only improve. Why do you think it has taken so long to even bring finalist to the board? A person who should take over is already employed by the district. Hire that person and the district will be set for years to come. 

And that person is?

I hear ya. Just curious. It’s gonna take someone special to want to come in and be apart of the current state of affairs. Definitely going to need someone with a vested interest in the community because the longer this goes on, it ain’t looking good for the candidate pool. 

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

Man this escalated quickly….. EF so close to the Louisiana border they done started acting like them crazy cajuns…..If I were a coach I wouldn’t touch this place for any amount of money….

Don’t be mad cause your coach was in town last week 😂

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

There is a process that’s why there is no meeting tonight they are following protocol with the SI stepping down it changed the process. 

9 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

I hear ya. Just curious. It’s gonna take someone special to want to come in and be apart of the current state of affairs. Definitely going to need someone with a vested interest in the community because the longer this goes on, it ain’t looking good for the candidate pool. 

They had over 70 applicants I think the candidate pool is fine. And some that had previously pulled name with new leadership are back in play. 

14 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Current state of affairs aren’t that bad. The poor decision making and communication was the issue. That has been alleviated. The person I’m referring to has a vested interest. I believe that person could repair a lot of the issues and find a good coach. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Gonna have to have more than hearsay to verify your claim…..I mean someone could say I was at Greezy house and I know that didn’t happen

Well I don’t normally take pictures with every person I meet that’s kinda weird. 

• LOL changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow