Jump to content

UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow


Ijustwatch
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

With some of whats gone on with the school board and the volatility of the situation I'd rather not post any hints or anything....I dont want to hurt anyone's chances before the board meeting

Understand. I think the board is getting a bad wrap for pushing what needed to be done with the superintendent a long time ago. He was in over his competence level. I have a good idea of who it’s gonna be. Just trying to confirm who I think it’s gonna be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, danielttu said:

Whoever it is better hope they make the right decision at the top! If not it will make a long two years and they will be doing this again.

I feel better about it since they opened it up to outside candidates. Interim superintendent doesn’t have enough experience to get the job in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Confirmed its Coach Crow...congrats to him....funny thing word is Coach Crow was on the original list of finalists that were presented before all hell broke loose with the supt resigning etc...this probably could have been wrapped up a month ago

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MattStepp said:

Confirmed its Coach Crow...congrats to him....funny thing word is Coach Crow was on the original list of finalists that were presented before all hell broke loose with the supt resigning etc...this probably could have been wrapped up a month ago

I know he was on campus several times and was interviewed the first go around yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Confirmed its Coach Crow...congrats to him....funny thing word is Coach Crow was on the original list of finalists that were presented before all hell broke loose with the supt resigning etc...this probably could have been wrapped up a month ago

Board was never presented a list. That was a big issue and a reason why Superintendent is no longer there. He drug his feet too long. But you are right, he interviewed a while back with former superintendent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

Was this the “home-run”???

Not the home run I was referring to if I am the one you saw say home run. But I don’t know anything about this coach. So, gonna give him a chance and be supportive. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LOL changed the title to UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow

Yep, I'd take a lot of money across state lines and wager that when this process started that an OC from Wichita Falls was not what the community was hoping for. Knowing some of the names that were floated out there as front runners at different times in the search, this is a bit of a head scratcher.  But hey, that's what can happen when you give an interim Sup the keys to the city. It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts with all the administrative changes that have yet to be made. I'd set the line at two years tops, wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArmchairOC said:

Yep, I'd take a lot of money across state lines and wager that when this process started that an OC from Wichita Falls was not what the community was hoping for. Knowing some of the names that were floated out there as front runners at different times in the search, this is a bit of a head scratcher.  But hey, that's what can happen when you give an interim Sup the keys to the city. It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts with all the administrative changes that have yet to be made. I'd set the line at two years tops, wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

Hirschi had a great run last year and the school is closing, which should create an avenue for him to bring coaches with him who want to pick their own spot. I think this might be a really good hire for EF. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArmchairOC said:

Yep, I'd take a lot of money across state lines and wager that when this process started that an OC from Wichita Falls was not what the community was hoping for. Knowing some of the names that were floated out there as front runners at different times in the search, this is a bit of a head scratcher.  But hey, that's what can happen when you give an interim Sup the keys to the city. It will be interesting to see how long this relationship lasts with all the administrative changes that have yet to be made. I'd set the line at two years tops, wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

Coach Crow may better than all "of the names floated out there". Did the interim Sup make the decision by himself and then vote by himself on the board meeting? I have seen situations where "hiring authorities" have more details about candidates than folks inhabiting the message boards. It is rare, but it I have seen it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve seen guys comment on a message board not knowing the interim sup being referred to is a female and not a male also. To your point no, she was not alone. My main point was EF placed someone who has never hired anyone in the position of leading the hiring committee for the HC/AD which is a big decision for the district. 

The next point was someone not from the area may be walking into a situation  that is yet to develop. A good relationship with the Sup and Campus princiapals is imperative for a new HC/AD and those positions are all still up in the air.  Might not last long if a lot of things don’t go right in the district. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ArmchairOC said:

I’ve seen guys comment on a message board not knowing the interim sup being referred to is a female and not a male also. To your point no, she was not alone. My main point was EF placed someone who has never hired anyone in the position of leading the hiring committee for the HC/AD which is a big decision for the district. 

The next point was someone not from the area may be walking into a situation  that is yet to develop. A good relationship with the Sup and Campus princiapals is imperative for a new HC/AD and those positions are all still up in the air.  Might not last long if a lot of things don’t go right in the district. 

Understood, How did you confirm that "she has never hired anyone"? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You got me again… I will re-phrase she has never hired anyone as important for a district as the HC/AD. Her first time doing so was in a very rare circumstance that was way outside of the norm for any school district. She was not alone on the committee but was the main voice in selecting the final candidates that were presented to the committee. 

“Never hired anyone” was hyperbole. She has been a campus head principal so has probably hired a few classroom teachers before. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...