Jump to content

UPDATE: Elysian Fields hires Justin Crow


Ijustwatch

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

So if the new coach doesn't like the schedule in place and wants to makes changes, then he isn't of reasonably high character? just curious

Yes, backing out an agreement is not a character trait I want in a leader.

This is not an agreement between two coaches, this is an agreement between two Schools.

Finding games this late in the process is difficult at best, only a person of low character would put another coach in that position by backing out on an agreement.

  • Like 2
  • Grumpy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

Yes, backing out an agreement is not a character trait I want in a leader.

This is not an agreement between two coaches, this is an agreement between two Schools.

Finding games this late in the process is difficult at best, only a person of low character would put another coach in that position by backing out on an agreement.

you must not really understand the process because its 100% the two coaches...... the schools dont really do anything other than the supe approving it.... Bedsides ford could have stacked in hoping they lose to make his successor look bad... because parents usually dont care they just see wins and losses

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, delossantos said:

So if Ford scheduled Marshal and Longview you are perfectly fine with sending your kids out to play them because that shows your new coaches character.  

Yes, because that is likely what happened. The new coach can do what ever he wants, including play a shortened schedule if he does not like the existing schedule. It will be very difficult to find games at this point in the process.

Almost every coach "inherits" a schedule they did not create. I have never met a coach with such integrity that they would attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

you must not really understand the process because its 100% the two coaches...... the schools dont really do anything other than the supe approving it.... Bedsides ford could have stacked in hoping they lose to make his successor look bad... because parents usually dont care they just see wins and losses

This is quite possibly, the dumbest thing I have ever heard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, because that is likely what happened. The new coach can do what ever he wants, including play a shortened schedule if he does not like the existing schedule. It will be very difficult to find games at this point in the process.

Almost every coach "inherits" a schedule they did not create. I have never met a coach with such integrity that they would attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door.  

I have witnessed it with my own eyes on a staff i came in on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yes, backing out an agreement is not a character trait I want in a leader.

This is not an agreement between two coaches, this is an agreement between two Schools.

Finding games this late in the process is difficult at best, only a person of low character would put another coach in that position by backing out on an agreement.

Completely disagree.  To each their own.  I guess I don't have great character, but I think all's fair in love and war, so to speak, especially when I had nothing to do with the agreement that affects my family's welfare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, because that is likely what happened. The new coach can do what ever he wants, including play a shortened schedule if he does not like the existing schedule. It will be very difficult to find games at this point in the process.

Almost every coach "inherits" a schedule they did not create. I have never met a coach with such integrity that they would attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door.  

I have seen it on multiple occasions......this: attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

I have seen it on multiple occasions......this: attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door. 

in 2011 i came into a staff where we were small 3 a and had a large 4a school from th south fort worth area on the schedule AFTER they went 2-8, 1-9,2-8 beating 2A schools..... come on now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chubbychecker said:

I have seen it on multiple occasions......this: attempt to "inflict damage on a new coach by stacking a schedule" on the way out the door. 

100% guarantee there is another "side to the story". I would fully expect coaches to complain about something they have insufficient details on. Just like everyone has the answers about what the former coach did wrong until they get in the seat. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rowebot said:

in 2011 i came into a staff where we were small 3 a and had a large 4a school from th south fort worth area on the schedule AFTER they went 2-8, 1-9,2-8 beating 2A schools..... come on now

"4A schools in South Fort Worth" are generally horrible. Should have not been an issue. 

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

100% guarantee there is another "side to the story". I would fully expect coaches to complain about something they have insufficient details on. Just like everyone has the answers about what the former coach did wrong until they get in the seat. 

Ok my intelligence wasn't enough to determine the difference.......Yes it happens! And the other side of the story was "I'll show them!"......when the person is bragging to you about it, I think I am getting both sides of the story.  Keep flying falcon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

"4A schools in South Fort Worth" are generally horrible. Should have not been an issue. 

Yes, but a struggling 3A with 25 kids on varsity going to play a mediocre big 4 A with almost 40 isn't conducive to success... come on man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Yes, but a struggling 3A with 25 kids on varsity going to play a mediocre big 4 A with almost 40 isn't conducive to success... come on man

"Mediocre"? Would need to improve dramatically to work up to "mediocre". No issue with any 3A playing SFTW 4As. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most teams this year are going to have to scramble to find games this year anyway because of realignment. A lot of teams will have someone on the pre-district schedule that end up in their new district. Scrambling to find games is nothing new. As a matter of fact ever who gets the EF job will be getting calls from schools that where scheduled to confirm if they are going to be kept on the schedule or not. Just part of the deal of being the AD.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you think a disgruntled outgoing coach has never stacked a schedule to be more difficulty than necessary then y'all haven't paid close enough attention to some games. There is a large difference between Shiner and Refugio playing big 3As and being able to win and some lowly 3A D2s attempting to play even mediocre 4As. It happens far more than it should. The coaches who inherit those schedules and stick them out are forced into very difficult situations of trying to not get kids too banged up and keeping morale high if it goes south and isn't a competitive game. It can be even worse in basketball.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, 514 said:

Most teams this year are going to have to scramble to find games this year anyway because of realignment. A lot of teams will have someone on the pre-district schedule that end up in their new district. Scrambling to find games is nothing new. As a matter of fact ever who gets the EF job will be getting calls from schools that where scheduled to confirm if they are going to be kept on the schedule or not. Just part of the deal of being the AD.

Yep, and the AD changing his mind with things already arranged is nothing new.  Happens all the time, and it doesn't mean he has bad character.....smh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Inheriting a schedule is not a thing. If the former coach has already scheduled games and you don't want to play them, then don't. Be a big boy and make a tough phone call and cancel the game. Make your own schedule. The incoming coach didn't commit to SH*T. 

 

If you want to honor commitments other people made then fine. But you don't have to. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...