MP open

ETX33

This is absolutely absurd from the powers that be in Mount Pleasant.  Make the playoffs for the first time in ages and the JV goes undefeated and yet they decide to change directions.  It shows the AD/HC is moving them in the right direction and it takes time especially when they haven't had a strong program in years.  Now they decide it's time for change?  Get real, get a life and learn to support what someone is building.  Sounds like there were better days coming with the JV being undefeated and so let's just pull the rug out from under the guy.  The superintendent and board should be completely ashamed of this decision and go bury their heads in the sand where they have obviously been.  I am sure Billy Joe's boy didn't get enough playing time or Bobby's son wasn't the star he thought he should be or something but they just lost the best coach they have had in who knows how long and I can assure you one of this caliber is not applying for this job.  Why would they?  Pinckard will land on his feet wherever he decides to go, because he's just that good of a coach.  It was an honor for my kids to play for him and even when they weren't getting the playing time they thought they should, he was doing what was best for the TEAM which is why he is successful.  Positive impact on their lives even years after graduation.  Sad day in MP!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scd708 said:

This is absolutely absurd from the powers that be in Mount Pleasant.  Make the playoffs for the first time in ages and the JV goes undefeated and yet they decide to change directions.  It shows the AD/HC is moving them in the right direction and it takes time especially when they haven't had a strong program in years.  Now they decide it's time for change?  Get real, get a life and learn to support what someone is building.  Sounds like there were better days coming with the JV being undefeated and so let's just pull the rug out from under the guy.  The superintendent and board should be completely ashamed of this decision and go bury their heads in the sand where they have obviously been.  I am sure Billy Joe's boy didn't get enough playing time or Bobby's son wasn't the star he thought he should be or something but they just lost the best coach they have had in who knows how long and I can assure you one of this caliber is not applying for this job.  Why would they?  Pinckard will land on his feet wherever he decides to go, because he's just that good of a coach.  It was an honor for my kids to play for him and even when they weren't getting the playing time they thought they should, he was doing what was best for the TEAM which is why he is successful.  Positive impact on their lives even years after graduation.  Sad day in MP!

I thought I read he was going to be AD only? Assumed that's what he wanted?