Happenings in Rabbitland?

HEFFRO3

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I have to ask: Did any of the people tearing into Atlanta for their decision, even go to an Atlanta game this year? 

Am I shocked by the decision? Yes.  Did it need to happen?  Probably so.  The couple of games I went to, the team quit on the Coach. I know poor play was a major factor.  Can’t remember a time when Rabbs turned the ball over as much as this season.  But I believe poor play was only part of the issues.  It’s time for Rabbs to go outside the box with a hire that will shock the town, and fan base.  Quit hiring Old Money Families kin folks.  

10 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

Am I shocked by the decision? Yes.  Did it need to happen?  Probably so.  The couple of games I went to, the team quit on the Coach. I know poor play was a major factor.  Can’t remember a time when Rabbs turned the ball over as much as this season.  But I believe poor play was only part of the issues.  It’s time for Rabbs to go outside the box with a hire that will shock the town, and fan base.  Quit hiring Old Money Families kin folks.  

I dont think Plunk is an old money family?

I think they need to look around and see who has changed the culture of a program and pick that guy. Go interview and ask people in the district's other than administrators. Like teachers and staff that deal with a coach and just see how they make they kids act in the halls etc.

• Like 1

The last 2 years were McClure's fault. Before him it was Melton's fault, before him it was Sharnberg's fault (had gotten too old needed new blood). This year was Plunk's fault, next year will be who's fault? 

Since the state championship season (2003) there have been 4 coaches and 5 winning seasons (All under McClure who was forced out). 

There is a lot more work to be done in Atlanta than just fix a coach, but its really easy to blame it on them and restart.

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

The last 2 years were McClure's fault. Before him it was Melton's fault, before him it was Sharnberg's fault (had gotten too old needed new blood). This year was Plunk's fault, next year will be who's fault? 

Since the state championship season (2003) there have been 4 coaches and 5 winning seasons (All under McClure who was forced out). 

There is a lot more work to be done in Atlanta than just fix a coach, but its really easy to blame it them and restart.

Well said..... they should pull a TCU for this round.....

On 12/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, NewtonBaller said:

Coach getting ran out after his first year with family health issues happening at a school with a lack of talent… I doubt too many people are eager for this one.

You seem to have a lot to say about a situation that you're apparently not very familiar with. 

16 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You seem to have a lot to say about a situation that you're apparently not very familiar with. 

......you dont have to be too terribly close to the situation to know whats going on.... people talk... its no secret... bottom line they should have gave him at least one more year... refer to Mr. Cleans comment.... 

ATL people have always been delusional... like all the days they thought they could really actually compete with Gilmer in the 2nd/3rd round... yall just arent there chief... at least not any more.... been a few years since 03...

35 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

......you dont have to be too terribly close to the situation to know whats going on.... people talk... its no secret... bottom line they should have gave him at least one more year... refer to Mr. Cleans comment.... 

ATL people have always been delusional... like all the days they thought they could really actually compete with Gilmer in the 2nd/3rd round... yall just arent there chief... at least not any more.... been a few years since 03...

You definitely have to be closer to the situation to know the circumstances apparently, because you don't seem to be very educated on the matter. The funny thing about people talking, or people reading simple Twitter posts, is that somewhere in the mix, truth isn't told, and assumptions are made. 

Also, Atlanta hasn't met Gilmer in the 2nd/3rd round in almost a decade. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You definitely have to be closer to the situation to know the circumstances apparently, because you don't seem to be very educated on the matter. The funny thing about people talking, or people reading simple Twitter posts, is that somewhere in the mix, truth isn't told, and assumptions are made. 

Also, Atlanta hasn't met Gilmer in the 2nd/3rd round in almost a decade. 

Yes a decade my point exactly... You people from atl have no idea how big of fools you make your selves look like... REFER to MR.Cleans post he hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD.......

2 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

Yes a decade my point exactly... You people from atl have no idea how big of fools you make your selves look like... REFER to MR.Cleans post he hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD.......

Yeah it ain't because the Buckeyes aren't in the playoffs 🤣

Atlanta hasn't lost many playoff games lately either 🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

5 minutes ago, CDubya936 said:

Yeah it ain't because the Buckeyes aren't in the playoffs 🤣

Atlanta hasn't lost many playoff games lately either 🤣🤣

Ignorance is bliss. 

Atlanta met Gilmer 4 rounds deep in 14 and 15. 

Continue to ridicule. I couldn't care less. There's a reason there are applicants coming in, so it obviously isn't near as bad as all the coaching carousel geniuses that prowl Smoaky seem to say it is. 

My entire point was that there's a lot being said, in this thread, by people that have no idea what they're talking about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Continue to ridicule. I couldn't care less. There's a reason there are applicants coming in, so it obviously isn't near as bad as all the coaching carousel geniuses that prowl Smoaky seem to say it is. 

My entire point was that there's a lot being said, in this thread, by people that have no idea what they're talking about. 

Every head job that opens period has tons of applicants.... BUT WHO..... WHO is applying? Gibson? Danaher coming out of retirement already? Keeling coming over??? Saban??? Making the jump from bama.... or actually heard Art Briles wanted it out of retirement? 

no... Quantity doesnt mean quality.... and the ignorance that this will attract quality is BLISS my friend. Atlanta will have to go out of the box... and the mob like yourself will most likely be angry... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowebot said:

Every head job that opens period has tons of applicants.... BUT WHO..... WHO is applying? Gibson? Danaher coming out of retirement already? Keeling coming over??? Saban??? Making the jump from bama.... or actually heard Art Briles wanted it out of retirement? 

no... Quantity doesnt mean quality.... and the ignorance that this will attract quality is BLISS my friend. Atlanta will have to go out of the box... and the mob like yourself will most likely be angry... 

Read the end of my previous post. You're in that category. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Read the end of my previous post. You're in that category. 

@H3llR4z0rLet people lean to there own understanding. We know what is going here. Point fingers all you want, until we have one chief and Indians following that chief, nothing will change. Yes talent is here, but some has to be willing to follow and not alway be the leader.

4 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Ahhhhh Cough Cough Daniel Swaim how in the world did you forget that name???????

You skipped right over Kerry Strong as well. Turn in your smoaky account. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rowebot said:

Preach

Sadly the problem runs deeper than the AD. It starts in the youth programs and runs all the way thru 12th grade.  Atlanta doesn’t play their best players they play whichever way they are influenced.  Plunk was a fall guy to make the previous AD’s toxic culture look like a blessing.  You only fix the problem by eliminating anyone who has been part of that toxic culture completely.  I’m not sure there is a coach in the state of Texas that wants to inherit over a decade of non disciplined athletes coupled with having to deal with the “dad mob” outside influence of Atlanta’s Elite!   We have the talent, we need an AD with some Nuts to do the right thing and stand up to the outside influence that has held us back for years!!

• Like 2