Happenings in Rabbitland?

HEFFRO3

18 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Im hearing this job is going to someone out of state right now.

Boy, that would be quite the cluster if it went that way. it would also validate everything that has been said in this thread regarding the board and their agenda. The only way you go out of state is if there is a connection with someone at the top. The only other time I've heard of this is when East Chambers hired Russ Sutherland out of Louisiana. That one has worked out, maybe Atlanta's will too. 

10 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Boy, that would be quite the cluster if it went that way. it would also validate everything that has been said in this thread regarding the board and their agenda. The only way you go out of state is if there is a connection with someone at the top. The only other time I've heard of this is when East Chambers hired Russ Sutherland out of Louisiana. That one has worked out, maybe Atlanta's will too. 

There is a connection at the “new top” with BN.   

11 hours ago, 2wedge said:

There is one in Louisiana with Atlanta connections and as others have said, one in Texarkana, Ark. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is something to be said about culture in the program.  I'm a Pittsburg Pirate fan and I have seen a huge change in our program after Baca left. We went 0 and 7 before the kids really got the old regime out of their system. Abron instilled a whole new way of thinking into our players. They began to believe in themselves and what he teaches.  We are thankful that he came to coach at Pitt. Even as we were losing game after game,  you could see that we were getting better every week. Atlanta is my old hometown and I really believe with the right coach that the culture will change. Go Rabbs!!

1 hour ago, bulldog1068 said:

There is something to be said about culture in the program.  I'm a Pittsburg Pirate fan and I have seen a huge change in our program after Baca left. We went 0 and 7 before the kids really got the old regime out of their system. Abrams instilled a whole new way of thinking into our players. They began to believe in themselves and what he teaches.  We are thankful that he came to coach at Pitt. Even as we were losing game after game,  you could see that we were getting better every week. Atlanta is my old hometown and I really believe with the right coach that the culture will change. Go Rabbs!!

Amen to that! School in northeast Texas had won 4 games in 3 years, new coach came in and completely sold his program and changed the culture in a short time. Next year went 3 rounds deep in playoffs

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

There is something to be said about culture in the program.  I'm a Pittsburg Pirate fan and I have seen a huge change in our program after Baca left. We went 0 and 7 before the kids really got the old regime out of their system. Abrams instilled a whole new way of thinking into our players. They began to believe in themselves and what he teaches.  We are thankful that he came to coach at Pitt. Even as we were losing game after game,  you could see that we were getting better every week. Atlanta is my old hometown and I really believe with the right coach that the culture will change. Go Rabbs!!

Abrams is a d*mn good coach. Jumping up to 4ad2 and taking Mexia a few rounds deep his only year there and then getting Pitt going late this season and getting them a few rounds too. I know the record doesn't show but Pitt was a handful towards the end. Looking forward to seeing how they do next year. 

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Abrams is a d*mn good coach. Jumping up to 4ad2 and taking Mexia a few rounds deep his only year there and then getting Pitt going late this season and getting them a few rounds too. I know the record doesn't show but Pitt was a handful towards the end. Looking forward to seeing how they do next year. 

Pitt will loose a lot, but I agree Abron is a good coach.  If Sulphur had any brains they would be going after him.

Pitt will lose a lot but you have to remember in 20 we only beat North Lamar. These kids didn't know how to win. Under Baca they were soft defensively and didn't have the athletes to run his offense.  Abron comes in and installed the slot T and these kids had to learn and get comfortable in this system.  He toughened the kids to the point that their defense was pretty good. At the end of the season the kids would run through a brick wall for him. That's the kind of coach Atlanta needs now. Look what Gibson has done for Pleasant Grove.  

4 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

Pitt will lose a lot but you have to remember in 20 we only beat North Lamar. These kids didn't know how to win. Under Baca they were soft defensively and didn't have the athletes to run his offense.  Abron comes in and installed the slot T and these kids had to learn and get comfortable in this system.  He toughened the kids to the point that their defense was pretty good. At the end of the season the kids would run through a brick wall for him. That's the kind of coach Atlanta needs now. Look what Gibson has done for Pleasant Grove.  

That is what was wrong with Brad and Eddy Baca. They blamed it all on the kids and never took responsibility for the lack of action they made as coaches. The reason PITT is successful today is because Pittsburg has a good coach that makes those kids feel like they are valued and can get the best out of them. Wherever Brad and Eddy are at that will never happen. I hope Atlanta can find someone who will turn that program around but you’re gonna have to get rid of your OC.

4 hours ago, bulldog1068 said:

PG has always had good athletes, not necessarily GREAT athletes.  Josh Gibson has the ability to make good athletes think they are great.  His players will tackle a tree for him.  He has great balance in being demanding of his players and rewarding/complimenting them when they execute well.  He also did a good job at adjusting the offense to the kind of athlete he has.  He totally changed the PG culture, and not just in football

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

PG has always had good athletes, not necessarily GREAT athletes.  Josh Gibson has the ability to make good athletes think they are great.  His players will tackle a tree for him.  He has great balance in being demanding of his players and rewarding/complimenting them when they execute well.  He also did a good job at adjusting the offense to the kind of athlete he has.  He totally changed the PG culture, and not just in football

that is what you want good leaders know how to make everybody successful.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

It helps when you get alot of moveins from all over Texarkana!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

I think Gipsons success has more to do w his recruiting abilities.  Atlanta needs to poney up the big bucks, hire Gipson and let him start attracting players.

U can think that but ur wrong here just like u are on the app

20 hours ago, BuckNut said:

I think Gipsons success has more to do w his recruiting abilities.  Atlanta needs to poney up the big bucks, hire Gipson and let him start attracting players.

A Gilmer fan talking about recruiting! Who did Gibson recruit in 2017?

21 minutes ago, swaha said:

Can you start with the 2017 team listing all of the move ins? 

Sure we can. Go ahead. But be sure to include what year they moved so u don’t make it look like they just showed up for that year. 

move in’s happen all the time. Nothing wrong with that unless you’re the only school in town who doesn’t ever get any

5 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Yes he is. Say it all you want but that doesn’t make it true.  Put your evidence on here. Other wise it’s just gossip 

You have to be a fool if you dont believe that!! This years team almost half the starters  dont even live in the PG district! 

• Like 1