Happenings in Rabbitland?

HEFFRO3

Just now, WhyUMad said:

You have to be a fool if you dont believe that!! This years team almost half the starters  dont even live in the PG district! 

guess thats why its called OPEN enrollment.....every school here is that way.  they can go to the other schools if they want to

1 hour ago, WhyUMad said:

You have to be a fool if you dont believe that!! This years team almost half the starters  dont even live in the PG district! 

The statement was made that Gibson benefits from move ins. The 2017 team set the program on the current track. Everyone wants to talk about the current move ins but they have not achieved the success of the previous teams. We will see over the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Sure we can. Go ahead. But be sure to include what year they moved so u don’t make it look like they just showed up for that year. 

move in’s happen all the time. Nothing wrong with that unless you’re the only school in town who doesn’t ever get any

Some people have a hard time giving Gibson credit of what he has built. They want to say move ins is the reason. The days of the majority of the kids going to a singular school in Texarkana K through 12 is a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

guess thats why its called OPEN enrollment.....every school here is that way.  they can go to the other schools if they want to

Open enrollment has nothing to do with athletics you still supposed  to live in the district  to be  eligible! 

• SMH 2

38 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Open enrollment has nothing to do with athletics you still supposed  to live in the district  to be  eligible! 

If you don't live in the district you have to wait a year from enrollment to play varsity sports. You can play sub varsity. If you move to the district I think it's 15 school days. Pretty common. We are not great in athletics were I teach but we still get transfer students

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Whats funny about it that is the rules! You supposed  to sit out 365 days if you dont live in the district. Go back to your room.

PG does a good job of getting kids from THigh and LE to come over between 6 & 9 grade to avoid that.  That said Atlanta ought to go after Gipsons brother

7 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

PG does a good job of getting kids from THigh and LE to come over between 6 & 9 grade to avoid that.  That said Atlanta ought to go after Gipsons brother

I agree with you on that! Why didnt the kid from Arkansas High that they recruited get to play last year if Open Enrollment  didnt matter? He had to move in the district. 

53 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Are you an idiot Red Lick doesnt have a high school! 

Thanks Einstein. The only idiot on this thread is the guy making statements that are not true...such as must live in the district to be eligible for athletic purposes.

56 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

I agree with you on that! Why didnt the kid from Arkansas High that they recruited get to play last year if Open Enrollment  didnt matter? He had to move in the district. 

Because it was ruled he transferred for athletic purposes. He never should have transferred to PG his senior year. If he would have came his junior year, he would have played JV and had one year of varsity football.  Learn the rules before you get on here and look stupid.

10 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Isn't that personal trainer that played college ball up in Texarkana the one that tries to talk kids into going to PG? That's what I heard a while back.

10 hours ago, swaha said:

Because it was ruled he transferred for athletic purposes. He never should have transferred to PG his senior year. If he would have came his junior year, he would have played JV and had one year of varsity football.  Learn the rules before you get on here and look stupid.

Exactly  thats what i been saying you have to sit out a year! Einstein i know the rules.

26 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

Exactly  thats what i been saying you have to sit out a year! Einstein i know the rules.

You said in an earlier post you must live in the district to be eligible. You can think whatever you want about PG but the rules are being followed. Kids are sitting out a year, unless they physically move in the district. Then, it will be up to the district committee to decide if there are discrepancies. If you think the rules are not being followed, make a complaint to the UIL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swaha said:

You said in an earlier post you must live in the district to be eligible. You can think whatever you want about PG but the rules are being followed. Kids are sitting out a year, unless they physically move in the district. Then, it will be up to the district committee to decide if there are discrepancies. If you think the rules are not being followed, make a complaint to the UIL. 

Yawn!! Exactly what i been saying! 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:52 AM, AtlantaFan04 said:

Isn't that personal trainer that played college ball up in Texarkana the one that tries to talk kids into going to PG? That's what I heard a while back.

is he the one with the radio show?