Happenings in Rabbitland?

HEFFRO3

4 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Did McClure have years on his contract and they didn't just want to pay him off? Or they really wanted to keep him around? Not unusual to create some bogus position or move them to transportation or something until their contract is up. But if he's there for the long haul, that's a huge red flag 

I’m not sure the particulars of his contract.  What I am sure of is the terrible discipline and culture he created for a decade. I don’t care if you have to get a loan from the bank you don’t keep a cancer around you eliminate it immediately. You dang sure don’t let him anywhere near new AD hires or much less a search committee. That’s absurd. 

11 minutes ago, Runninrabs said:

I’m not sure the particulars of his contract.  What I am sure of is the terrible discipline and culture he created for a decade. I don’t care if you have to get a loan from the bank you don’t keep a cancer around you eliminate it immediately. You dang sure don’t let him anywhere near new AD hires or much less a search committee. That’s absurd. 

God forbid letting the guy stick around so his son can graduate from the schools hes gone to his whole life......... coaches are people too and we forget that as parents often

17 minutes ago, Runninrabs said:

People like you are the real poison in Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, Rowebot said:

God forbid letting the guy stick around so his son can graduate from the schools hes gone to his whole life......... coaches are people too and we forget that as parents often

Coaches must be looked at from a business standpoint first and foremost.  They know going in full well what the consequences are. If you want to talk about his son what about the 100s of others kids that have not had the same opportunities because of politics created when he was in charge.   I’m sick of hearing sob stories. Do your dang job or you lose it just that the real world is. 

The staff can only deal with “discipline” as the head man allows. It is impractical to completely disintegrate an entire coaching staff. Are you talking about every sport boys and girls or just football. There are guys on the staff who are tremendous coaches. Let the new guy come in and evaluate but to arbitrarily say to get rid of every last one is a bit of a stretch. 

• Like 1

So a new AD is hired. A coach that has not stepped foot into Atlanta yet. A coach that tons of people have said great things about and people are already on here mouthing. Parents and community members are already putting it in kids' heads that this guy shouldn't have the job and still connecting McClure as the excuse for any problems. Ah yea it seems like the coaches are the big issue in Atlanta..... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

The staff can only deal with “discipline” as the head man allows. It is impractical to completely disintegrate an entire coaching staff. Are you talking about every sport boys and girls or just football. There are guys on the staff who are tremendous coaches. Let the new guy come in and evaluate but to arbitrarily say to get rid of every last one is a bit of a stretch. 

Sorry I wasn’t clear.  I’m speaking to the overall development culture and discipline in offseason and football.   I want the best for the kiddos and coaches but watching the program over last 5 years spiral is disheartening. Something must give. 

Just now, mrclean69 said:

So a new AD is hired. A coach that has not stepped foot into Atlanta yet. A coach that tons of people have said great things about and people are already on here mouthing. Parents and community members are already putting it in kids' heads that this guy shouldn't have the job and still connecting McClure as the excuse for any problems. Ah yea it seems like the coaches are the big issue in Atlanta..... 

I was just thinking something similar. The vibe on this thread is that people are split on the hire......... 

Good luck to the new AD/HFC. May need it. 

3 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Could be that there isn't much talent to pull from at the moment. Kids are clearly  going elsewhere. 

I think that’s the million dollar question all should be asking!   “Kids are clearly going elsewhere”…………Why?!……..that’s the point of any of my discussions.  If we arent “as talented” because of kids going elsewhere then we all must find out why.   Anyone that’s been a fan the last 5 -10 years has seen discipline rapidly declining, politics played, kids leaving , the end result the first ever 0-10 season. This  should be alarming to anyone in our district or on this message board. I’m hopeful Morton is the man and will support him 100% however the old days must be left behind and a line drawn in the sand. If done so with a little patience from all of us the ingredients are here and within a few years could be ripe for the picking. Time for change! 

• Like 1