2022-2024 Numbers

THEHARDWAY

10 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

I didn't realize Terrell was moving back up. 

District could be

(1240) Sulphur Springs 

(1235) Kaufman 

(1216) Anna

(1118.53) Frisco Panther Creek 

(994) Celina

(964.5) Paris

(889) Nevada Community 

Carrollton Ranchview(971) could go here or with Dallas ISD district.

C. Ranchview needs to go with Dallas ISD district. They were never successful in district play with Argyle, Melissa, Paris, etc. 

On 12/8/2021 at 10:27 AM, HornetSenior said:

Damn 2A going from 229 to 249. 4A at 1299 is getting pretty high too.

I really think that the UIL will add 7A in 2024 with about 85 schools going into that division. This should return all of the other divisions back to what they were about 10 years ago. Schools like SS and Jacksonville would probably go back to 5A and Longview and Lufkin (and maybe Tyler) going back to 6A.

2 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

I really think that the UIL will add 7A in 2024 with about 85 schools going into that division. This should return all of the other divisions back to what they were about 10 years ago. Schools like SS and Jacksonville would probably go back to 5A and Longview and Lufkin (and maybe Tyler) going back to 6A.

Just depends how many new schools are added. I really think the Longview/Lufkin/Tylers of the world will be 5A once all the dust settles. Might be 6A for a couple of realignments but it won’t last with how much the metro areas are growing and adding schools.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Just depends how many new schools are added. I really think the Longview/Lufkin/Tylers of the world will be 5A once all the dust settles. Might be 6A for a couple of realignments but it won’t last with how much the metro areas are growing and adding schools.

Itll last a while 7A will only be 16 districts to start so they'll have plenty of room to grow and expand it

20 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Are there any predictions on what Longview's district may look like?

10 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

So does anyone have that and can share?

I’m not posting the Stepp ones, but others have shown a wide range of possibilities.

Longview is definitely tied to Tyler.

I would 90% say we’re also tied to Forney, West Mesquite and North Mesquite.

After that, it’s pretty open. 

Some think Lufkin will join us. Some think Lancaster, Red Oak. Some have included Dallas ISD with us. Could definitely just have Sherman and McKinney North again.

I think we’ll see Longview/Tyler/North Mesq/West Mesq/Forney added with Lancaster and Red Oak.

• Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, BudKilmersProtege said:

My guesses are either Malakoff/Eustace, West/Whitney, or Franklin/Westwood

Mexia would probably join district 8. I do but don't want Whitney and/or West. I do for a better district but that's a wide area to cover. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, BudKilmersProtege said:

My guesses are either Malakoff/Eustace, West/Whitney, or Franklin/Westwood

They have predicted Kemp to move to district 7 and district 8 get both west and Whitney and Mexia. Old region 3 district back together. 

Guest Tiger03lb
14 hours ago, player73 said:

Could be FF, Teague, Mexia, Groesbeck, West and McGregor. 

They'll need to add 1 or 2 more teams if that plays out. There's a dallas school that opted to move up. So more than likely they'll be in with the dallas schools. 

I’m hoping the 9-5A district stays together minus Jacksonville.  That seems to make the most sense.  

But history suggests it could be as wide as Corsicana and Ennis to Greenville.

Im hoping they don’t ship Texas High and MP down 1-30 to Greenville.   That sends Marshall/PT/Hallsville likely to Corsicana and Nac South.

If they leave THS and MP be….  I think things stay at status quo, moving the district back into region II… which is a huge win when it comes for playoff travel. 

First round playoff games in East metroplex areas is better for everyone Vs going to College Station and Huntsville. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I’m hoping the 9-5A district stays together minus Jacksonville.  That seems to make the most sense.  

But history suggests it could be as wide as Corsicana and Ennis to Greenville.

Im hoping they don’t ship Texas High and MP down 1-30 to Greenville.   That sends Marshall/PT/Hallsville likely to Corsicana and Nac South.

If they leave THS and MP be….  I think things stay at status quo, moving the district back into region II… which is a huge win when it comes for playoff travel. 

First round playoff games in East metroplex areas is better for everyone Vs going to College Station and Huntsville. 

This could make non-football sports interesting.

Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse,  Tyler, Pine Tree, Marshall, Longview, MP, Hallsville, Texas High

How does does this work out?

My guess is that MP and Texas High will log into the district with Royse City and Greenville for non-football

That leaves Lufkin, Nac, Marshall, Longview, WH, Hallsville, PT, and Tyler together for all the other sports. 

12 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

This could make non-football sports interesting.

Lufkin, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse,  Tyler, Pine Tree, Marshall, Longview, MP, Hallsville, Texas High

How does does this work out?

My guess is that MP and Texas High will log into the district with Royse City and Greenville for non-football

That leaves Lufkin, Nac, Marshall, Longview, WH, Hallsville, PT, and Tyler together for all the other sports. 

Royse City is going 6A. Greenville will be 5A, but yea I agree it makes the most sense to send T High and MP East and the rest of us South with Tyler/WH etc.

Looking at the numbers there will a bunch of additions to 3A D2 in NE Texas.  There have been several models in the past on how UIL has taken it.  25 / 26 will be interesting with so many schools close to being 2A D1.  A 7A Div could help with parity  in numbers