Crosby vs Liberty Hill

BubbleScreen

Who punches their ticket to Jerry World?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Crosby
    • Liberty Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2021 at 06:00 AM

This game has an ironic history.  Both these 5A-D2 State Semi-Finalist have been beaten by 4A schools.  The thing that accentuates this even more, imo 5A-D2 is the most unfair division with a 700 student spread 1230-1921 (5A-D1 only 300 spread 1922-2219).  And of course, one 4A is a D2.

Going to be close.  To me, on paper, I see a sure Crosby victory, but…………Crosby has had trouble with defending the Slot T offense.  Vidor (who runs the Slot T), who was at the lowest end of the 5A-D2 (and is now in 4A-D1) is the only Beaumont area team (PNG and Nederland) to have anything close to breaking even with Crosby at 2-2.  Crosby has dominated PNG & Nederland.  That said, this should be a very close, interesting game.

Good season by Crosby.   But for the 1......and I mean ONE poster that came on here gloating and crowing after Tiger posters had congratulated them and gave them their proper respect only to get his post taken down.    Try to remember........humility is always just 1 game away.

• Like 4

When a fan base dishes out as much pregame trash talk as they do….. they are going to have to learn to swallow the bitter as well as the sweet.  They deserve every ounce of crow being fed to them.  

That’s why…. Imho….. it’s better to win AND lose with humility and respect for your opponent.

Never got the drift they respected anyone. Just trash everyone equally.  It’s one approach, I suppose.  Not a good one. But it’s an approach. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 12:18 PM, Mavchamp said:

Crickets 

imagine that. 

Well I was banned for a little for bypassing a censor thing or whatever. In all seriousness this was the matchup that people were worried about.  You look at the final score and think the defense played horrible, but they did enough to win the game. Dropped interception in 4th and long then LH punched it in was a killer. The offense couldn’t get going. The starting RB got hurt Wednesday in practice and for whatever reason the backup rb got his first carry in the 3rd qtr midway and busted it for 40 or so yards.  Credit liberty hill with a great game plan and with what that defense did against SOC it wasn’t a fluke.

11 hours ago, CougarCal said:

. The starting RB got hurt Wednesday in practice and for whatever reason the backup rb got his first carry in the 3rd qtr midway and busted it for 40 or so yards.  Credit liberty hill with a great game plan and with what that defense did against SOC it wasn’t a fluke.

Sounds like the 5 starters we were short playing you guys.   Do I think it would have made a difference   Probably not.    We didn't use that excuse so that's the only reason you get it thrown back at you. 

54 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Sounds like the 5 starters we were short playing you guys.   Do I think it would have made a difference   Probably not.    We didn't use that excuse so that's the only reason you get it thrown back at you. 

What excuse are you talking about?  The post was about waiting to actually hand the ball off to a RB midway in the 3rd qtr and also says LH defense had a great game plan and it wasn’t a fluke with what they did against SOC.  Reading is fundamental.