State games and fssw

Brahmaball

The only streaming service that carries Bally Sports SW (formerly FSSW) is DirecTV Stream. They have several tiers and the cheapest tier that carries Bally is Choice at $85 a month. They do not have a typical free trial, and while they don't advertise it, I believe they offer a full refund if you cancel within 14 days. So it's not a "free trial" because you have to cough up the $85 for the first month, but you get it back if you cancel.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pax said:

The only streaming service that carries Bally Sports SW (formerly FSSW) is DirecTV Stream. They have several tiers and the cheapest tier that carries Bally is Choice at $85 a month. They do not have a typical free trial, and while they don't advertise it, I believe they offer a full refund if you cancel within 14 days. So it's not a "free trial" because you have to cough up the $85 for the first month, but you get it back if you cancel.

I normally would not advocate for exploiting a free trial or refund policy, but Sinclair (who own's Bally) needs to be sent a message.  They are jacking up their prices for carriers which is why they are all dropping the regional sports networks.  DirecTV Stream is not special; I think their contract just hasn't expired yet, and when it does I expect they will drop Bally as well.  Sinclair plans to offer their own streaming service, so I think the intent is to cut ties with all cable and streaming services so everyone is forced to subscribe to their streaming service - which will essentially boil down to a single channel (or two if you happen to be in a market that is covered by two different RSNs).  I've heard they plan to charge $23 a month for this - which is just absurd, but if you live around here and you wanna watch the Mavs, Rangers, Stars - or in this case - the Texas High School State Championship games, then you have no choice.  I doubt it will do much, but I don't feel bad at all for signing up and cancelling. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Bally sports Southwest is still only on DirectTV Stream.

Bally sports Southwest is carried by Suddenlink, replacing  Fox Sports Southwest

Appears to be the same programming. I suppose the games will be there. If you go checkout Ballysports.com, they say their covering every game.   

33 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

Bally sports Southwest is carried by Suddenlink, replacing  Fox Sports Southwest

Appears to be the same programming. I suppose the games will be there. If you go checkout Ballysports.com, they say their covering every game.   

Yes, you can find Bally's on some cable services.  I think most people are wondering where they can stream the games - which you can't do with cable - unless you are already subscribed to cable.  At this point, I'm not sure if you could even get a cable service set up in time.  You need a technician to come out, equipment to set up, etc.  With a streaming service, it's a push of button and immediate access - and there is only one streaming service that offers Bally, and that's DTV Stream.

10 hours ago, Brahmaball said:

Where will fssw be available on? Just checked Hulu live and didn’t see it. Looks to be same bs as last year.

I don't understand how Sinclair thinks the best way to make money is by driving up prices to ridiculous levels, which in turn has caused limited availability. So damn dumb.

Then they wanna release an app for the price of $23...insane.

Sinclair must be trying to make back that 9.6 billion that they paid Disney for the networks. Man I wish Disney hadn't sold out to Sinclair....hasn't been the same since.

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ll do a AT&T TV trial if trial is an option. If not I’ll just do a month at full price. 

ATT TV is called Direct TV Stream now. You need at least their "Choice" package for access to Bally. It's $85 a month, and they don't offer a free trial, but I believe they offer a full refund if you cancel within 14 days.  Otherwise, it is $85 month to month. 

Listening to all of this angst about getting the channels one needs to enjoy their sporting events makes me smile since I have never "cut the cord"  to my cable TV!!! Yes I've investigated, researched and mulled over every streaming subscription out there and by the time I pay for 3 or 4 streaming sites plus my wi-fi bill I end up spending about the same if not a little more than my cable. Just a little elderly advice; If you enjoy watching sporting events then"Hook The Cable Back UP and Stop All Of The Whining!!!"