Jump to content

State games and fssw


Brahmaball
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've mulled over cutting the cord many times over the years because I prefer HD over just digital, but I keep going back to what our local cable company offers.  I get the HD package and we have always had both Bally Sports (formerly Fox Sports Southwest), although the alternate channel is not HD, so I get to watch all the teams I have interest in, i.e. the Mavericks, Stars, Rangers, and high school football.  We also get the NFL channel..., they even piped in a Cowboy game one year when it was blacked out locally.  The only network we don't get is NBC, which I don't sweat it because I have peacock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 7:43 AM, MuleSlicks said:

Bally sports Southwest is carried by Suddenlink, replacing  Fox Sports Southwest

 Appears to be the same programming. I suppose the games will be there. If you go checkout Ballysports.com, they say their covering every game.   

Yes I have set mine to record all the games. They are on channel 676 DIRECTV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

Listening to all of this angst about getting the channels one needs to enjoy their sporting events makes me smile since I have never "cut the cord"  to my cable TV!!! Yes I've investigated, researched and mulled over every streaming subscription out there and by the time I pay for 3 or 4 streaming sites plus my wi-fi bill I end up spending about the same if not a little more than my cable. Just a little elderly advice; If you enjoy watching sporting events then"Hook The Cable Back UP and Stop All Of The Whining!!!"

We can’t get Cable in Canadian anymore. 7 or 8 years ago Suddenlink had a massive systems failure in the area. Instead of fixing it, they moved out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

Listening to all of this angst about getting the channels one needs to enjoy their sporting events makes me smile since I have never "cut the cord"  to my cable TV!!! Yes I've investigated, researched and mulled over every streaming subscription out there and by the time I pay for 3 or 4 streaming sites plus my wi-fi bill I end up spending about the same if not a little more than my cable. Just a little elderly advice; If you enjoy watching sporting events then"Hook The Cable Back UP and Stop All Of The Whining!!!"

Agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

So did we determine that the only way to watch the games if you dont have Cable is to do Direct Stream or whatever and pay for a month?

You can get a roku like me and add bally sports app to roku and stream that way easy and free. Just need internet and a roku from wally world for 30$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

Listening to all of this angst about getting the channels one needs to enjoy their sporting events makes me smile since I have never "cut the cord"  to my cable TV!!! Yes I've investigated, researched and mulled over every streaming subscription out there and by the time I pay for 3 or 4 streaming sites plus my wi-fi bill I end up spending about the same if not a little more than my cable. Just a little elderly advice; If you enjoy watching sporting events then"Hook The Cable Back UP and Stop All Of The Whining!!!"

What you don't know is that whatever cable service you have will drop FSSW (Bally) as soon as their contract expires just like they did with the streaming services.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Allheartnoquit said:

You can get a roku like me and add bally sports app to roku and stream that way easy and free. Just need internet and a roku from wally world for 30$

I have a Roku, but do you not have to provide a Cable service login on bally sports app to be able to watch the games?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

We can’t get Cable in Canadian anymore. 7 or 8 years ago Suddenlink had a massive systems failure in the area. Instead of fixing it, they moved out.

Well suddenlink is an American Company... They don't need to be operating in Canada anyway. Too high taxes and too much government bureaucracy in my opinion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Well, according to what some of y'all are saying, it don't look like I'll be watching the championship games. I sure as heck ain't going to spend a bunch of money just to watch 3 to 4 days of football. 

Im doing the Direct Stream choice package.  I will just cancel it after the weekend.  According to what someone was saying, you can get a refund on it.  We will see I guess.  I charged it to a scarcely used credit card... lol.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Pax said:

What you don't know is that whatever cable service you have will drop FSSW (Bally) as soon as their contract expires just like they did with the streaming services.  

I've been hearing this for almost 10 years now and it's never happened!! False info put out by all of the streaming sites to get you to subscribe to them!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Im doing the Direct Stream choice package.  I will just cancel it after the weekend.  According to what someone was saying, you can get a refund on it.  We will see I guess.  I charged it to a scarcely used credit card... lol.  

I have a DISH. Plus there's no guarantee you'll get your money back. Especially just because someone on here says so. Might want to read the contract and/or fine print.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I have a DISH. Plus there's no guarantee you'll get your money back. Especially just because someone on here says so. Might want to read the contract and/or fine print.

Yea I know, why I said we will see I guess.  lol. I will be the guinea pig!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are your ONLY options for Bally Sports Southwest:

1. DirectTV (or Direct TV STREAM, formally ATT NOW)
2. Suddenlink
3. Spectrum
4. Grande Communications

Your best bet here is to sign up for a non-obligated contract for Direct TV Stream and cancel within 14 days (https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming/directv-stream/can-you-get-a-free-trial-of-directv-stream).  It's pretty easy, but it also sucks because you can only do this once.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/10/06/how-to-watch-mavericks-games-on-bally-sports-southwest-streaming-cable-national-tv-options/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yea I know, why I said we will see I guess.  lol. I will be the guinea pig!

at the most you would basically pay for 1 month of the channel which is 10 football games... cheaper than 1 single UFC PPV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

at the most you would basically pay for 1 month of the channel which is 10 football games... cheaper than 1 single UFC PPV.

Right. I used to watch UFC ppvs, now I only watch if its at a gathering or a sports bar.  Too dang expensive to watch only a handful of fights I actually care to see and that will most likely be over after 1 or 2 rounds lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, hoopscoach17 said:

I've been hearing this for almost 10 years now and it's never happened!! False info put out by all of the streaming sites to get you to subscribe to them!!

Three questions for you :

How many services offered FSSW (or the new Bally) 10 years ago?

How many services offer FSSW (Bally) right now?

Hint :

10 years ago :  all of them

Now : less than 5.

Third question :

Of the remaining services that offer FSSW/Bally, how many of them have renewed their contract within the last year?

Hint :  zero.

When those contracts expire, Bally will no longer be offered as part of ANY cable/streaming service - because Bally will be starting their own streaming service.  The reason they won't be offering this service until 2023 is because they have to wait for all other contracts to expire.  At that point, the only way to get the channel will be through their streaming service which will be rumored to cost $23 a month.  I really....REALLY hope you are right, but it doesn't look that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 1:18 PM, hoopscoach17 said:

Listening to all of this angst about getting the channels one needs to enjoy their sporting events makes me smile since I have never "cut the cord"  to my cable TV!!! Yes I've investigated, researched and mulled over every streaming subscription out there and by the time I pay for 3 or 4 streaming sites plus my wi-fi bill I end up spending about the same if not a little more than my cable. Just a little elderly advice; If you enjoy watching sporting events then"Hook The Cable Back UP and Stop All Of The Whining!!!"

Just out of curiosity, do you mean "cable" or "satellite"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...