3AD1 State Championship: #5 Lorena vs #2 Brock

Eagleborn

Who wins  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who

• Brock Eagles (15-0)
    • Lorena Leopards (13-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2021 at 09:00 PM

Quick overview of each. 

Brock averaging 195 through the air and 272 on the ground per game. 

Lorena averaging 205 through air and 255 on the ground. 

Both teams defenses are around 40 sacks and 20 INTs. 
Lorena has a 2700 yard passer and two 1000 yard rushers. 
Brock has a 2700 yard passer and a 2600 yard rusher. 

Interesting stat is Brock’s QB TD/INT ratio is 40/3….. Lorena QBs is 27/9…..

Lorena’s over all schedule for the year is a lot tougher but haven’t been challenged in a while. Brock was challenged last week… Will be a fun game to watch. 

• Crawford changed the title to 3AD1 State Championship: #5 Lorena vs #2 Brock
On 12/10/2021 at 2:10 PM, Eagleborn said:

Lorena’s over all schedule for the year is a lot tougher but haven’t been challenged in a while. Brock was challenged last week… Will be a fun game to watch. 

Pretty tough playing 2 state finalist in the regular season. But beginning in district play, Lorena has been pretty dominate over all their opponents. LRA played a decent game against them and Cameron hung with them for a little while, until the cream rose to the top and Lorena's O&D lines took over the game.

Brock destroyed # 1 defending champs J Ned and beat a Very Good MV team in playoffs, so this one on paper is a toss up to me. 

Its probably coming down to which staff has the best game plan. On a hunch, I'll take Lorena.

It seems to me like everyone was picking Brock as the state champion favorite until last week. Brock had smoked everyone they played all of the postseason including the defending champs. Then they played a team on their same level and it came down to the wire. 
Lorena has smoked everyone in the postseason, but they haven’t seen a team on the same level yet. 
Everyone is picking Lorena because Brock won in a tight one, and Lorena beat a Lago Vista team that wouldn’t have made it out of the second round in a lot of regions? 

Give me Brock 

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

It seems to me like everyone was picking Brock as the state champion favorite until last week. Brock had smoked everyone they played all of the postseason including the defending champs. Then they played a team on their same level and it came down to the wire. 
Lorena has smoked everyone in the postseason, but they haven’t seen a team on the same level yet. 
Everyone is picking Lorena because Brock won in a tight one, and Lorena beat a Lago Vista team that wouldn’t have made it out of the second round in a lot of regions? 

Give me Brock 

Blazin97 - I was pulling for the Purple Tigers.  Your boys had a chance and just came up a little short.  But I think you are missing a big fact in your analysis.  Lorena has played two teams on the same level or even a step above - Franklin and China Spring.  I know that was early in the season but it is still relevant to the conversation because both teams are still playing.  Even though Lorena’s path was significantly easier than Brock, they still did what they were supposed to.  I think it will be a good game either way.

Guest Tiger03lb
10 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Give me Brock 

I've had Lorena winning since the playoffs started. Actually had Brock/Lorena prediction. I just think they are head and shoulders above everyone then and they have made that case now. Imo, I don't think they played an easier playoff run like everyone is saying, they have just set the bar higher and doing that each week. 

At the beginning of the year, Lorena had qb issues. They have since fixed those issues. I think if Lorena was to play both CS and Franklin again, it would different. Not saying a blowout but a better chance of winning. 

I think Brock will hang with them for a little bit but Lorena will take over the game at some point. I got Lorena winning by 14 points, if not more.

Just looking forward to a full day at at&t stadium, is it Thursday yet? 😆

I remember Coaching against Lorena's Head Coach in the playoffs in 2006 I believe. I was the DC and I thought we was the most talented team. Was talking to Coach Biles before the game and he told me we don't have a number 5 and so on and so on as he kept rattling off some of our players. Could of been just blowing smoke but he seem like a genuine guy. Been at Lorena a long time, 30 something years. I hope he finally get a ring. We had to many turnovers and lost by 6 I believe and they went on and gave Carthage a better game than what people thought. 

4 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Blazin97 - I was pulling for the Purple Tigers.  Your boys had a chance and just came up a little short.  But I think you are missing a big fact in your analysis.  Lorena has played two teams on the same level or even a step above - Franklin and China Spring.  I know that was early in the season but it is still relevant to the conversation because both teams are still playing.  Even though Lorena’s path was significantly easier than Brock, they still did what they were supposed to.  I think it will be a good game either way.

I appreciate it, we had multiple chances! Still stings a little, but it was a fun ride. I was aware who Lorena played before district, I was just talking about who they have played on their playoff paths. It seems like to me that most people were on Brock as state champs after they beat Jim Ned like they did. As playoffs got rolling it seemed pretty evident that Brock, Lorena, MV were a cut above everyone else in the division. Brock had to play MV, Lorena hasn’t played anyone on that level yet (in the playoffs). 
Brock has rolled everyone besides MV, and Lorena has rolled everyone. It should be a great game, toss up in my opinion. I’m just picking Brock