Stephenville vs Wichita Falls Hirschi on Bally Sports(FSSW) tonight at 7 pm: 4A-D1 Regional Semifinal

regaleagle

I use Spectrum TV and I will get this game being aired tonight.....Friday Dec. 10th @ &  7 pm aired on the old FSSW which is now owned by Bally Sports.  Should be a good game to watch on TV while watching other games on NFHS on the internet.  I can actually watch 3 games going at the same time on the internet and then this game on TV at the same time.  The Hirschi Huskies supposedly have an outstanding RB and have won like 12 games in a row.  If they do have a very good running game, then they may be able to give Stephenville some problems......but probably need some passing to go with it to keep the Yellowjackets D honest.

Absolutely the very best weather today on December 10th in Texas, Huh?  All the teams playing tonight(and last night as well) have what should be considered as Premium Conditions to play their regional semifinals......no weather issues at all.  Very Fan-Friendly weather for all the fans too.  How lucky can we get?  

Stephenville should win this one.......31-21 is just a wild guess.

I have done zero research on HIrschi.......so I have absolutely no idea what kind of team they have or even what kind of offense they run.  Or even what kind of QB they have.  All I know is that Stephenville can pass it and run the ball......they are very balanced. They also have size and some very good players on both sides of the ball.  Lambert is a dual threat with a very good arm and surprisingly excellent running ability.  Eakin and Elston are top quality receivers and then the Yelllowjackets have a couple of very good RB's.  Great defensive front and excellent LB's.....a very speedy and athletic set of players in the secondary also......really just what any coach would love.......a complete team with team chemistry out the kazoo.  Maybe Argyle should have won, but they didn't.  They were missing some elements.......mainly the team chemistry at the level this Yellowjackets squad has this season.  Argyle had it last season, but not as much this season.......and it hurt them when they needed it.  That kind of stuff is needed to go all the way to the SC game.   Lorena has it too this season, and so does China Spring.  Not sure about Gilmer and Celina, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it for either team......just sayin'.  

14 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I have done zero research on HIrschi.......so I have absolutely no idea what kind of team they have or even what kind of offense they run.  Or even what kind of QB they have.  All I know is that Stephenville can pass it and run the ball......they are very balanced. They also have size and some very good players on both sides of the ball.  Lambert is a dual threat with a very good arm and surprisingly excellent running ability.  Eakin and Elston are top quality receivers and then the Yelllowjackets have a couple of very good RB's.  Great defensive front and excellent LB's.....a very speedy and athletic set of players in the secondary also......really just what any coach would love.......a complete team with team chemistry out the kazoo.  Maybe Argyle should have won, but they didn't.  They were missing some elements.......mainly the team chemistry at the level this Yellowjackets squad has this season.  Argyle had it last season, but not as much this season.......and it hurt them when they needed it.  That kind of stuff is needed to go all the way to the SC game.   Lorena has it too this season, and so does China Spring.  Not sure about Gilmer and Celina, but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it for either team......just sayin'.  

Stephenville is going to thump Hirschi, there you go, analysis complete.

I can tell you right now......Stephenville has all they want with this Hirschi team.  I knew Stephenville got some big breaks to get to this game with those two games against Argyle and Melissa.  They got some breaks and made them count......but this team right here has some serious talent that anybody watching can see.

On 12/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, regaleagle said:

I can tell you right now......Stephenville has all they want with this Hirschi team.  I knew Stephenville got some big breaks to get to this game with those two games against Argyle and Melissa.  They got some breaks and made them count......but this team right here has some serious talent that anybody watching can see.

Edited by CrankyOldMan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

Got some breaks against Argyle but they whipped melissa dont let the final score fool ya.   I think the right team came out of region 2.  SV did win the games afterall. Hirshi much better then expected but SV always closes well. 

Oh they are a very complete team, for sure.  But Argyle did kinda help them along with that win.  Argyle made some serious mistakes and Stephenville took advantage and made Argyle pay dearly.  That's what good teams do.  Really.....that fumble at the goal line before half was strictly on the Argyle player......just trying too much in heavy traffic while being tackled.  Should have just tucked it.....even if he was short a half yard.  That play right there changed the entire complexion of the game when he fumbled stretching the ball over the goal.  Just one of those things that happened in the heat of things with a player trying too hard when he really did not have to.

• Like 1

But with Hirschi's athletes.......I look for a very action-packed 2nd half.  I don't think Stephenville will take over this game in the 2nd half UNLESS Hirschi self-destructs.  They can hang and play IF they can just compose themselves and play Hirschi football without too many mistakes.

You must remember.......Stephenville WILL NOT beat themselves!  They play very clean and mistake-free football.....not even hardly any penalties.  They are very tough because they play so clean and know how to take advantage so well.  They stick to their brand of football and just keep trying to execute.  Eventually they do.

• Like 1

I think many saw that Anna beat Hirschi and wrote the Huskies off. But that was very early in the season and clearly the Huskies improved. Hirschi plays 2 more seasons then closes down. Perhaps using that as motivation and playing with chip on shoulder.

11 minutes ago, Texski said:

I think many saw that Anna beat Hirschi and wrote the Huskies off. But that was very early in the season and clearly the Huskies improved. Hirschi plays 2 more seasons then closes down. Perhaps using that as motivation and playing with chip on shoulder.

Hirschi don't need a chip.......they are just very good athletes playing ball out there.  Stephenville ain't no pushover and are very physical, but Hirschi is countering that physicality with speed and toughness too.  They can play with anybody in 4A.