Crawford

State Championship  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes (14-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

By the way for those talking crap bout tennison the kid tore his meniscus back in week 8 and didn’t miss a beat. Kid will do great things at the next level can’t teach heart.

Hell of an athlete, wish him luck at the next level!

1 hour ago, CSMike said:

Tre Hafford (heard he’s son of a Jasper great / Baylor WR)

he shut 17 down and honestly he’s caught everything we’ve thrown at him. He is likely better than 17 from Gilmer but we didn’t have a passing offense to show it.

He scored the long TD vs Carthage 

Baylor LB Curtis Hafford.

Like I said before. Gilmer had a cakewalk to state. They beat up a bunch of teams that couldn’t fight back. They bullied their way through everyone of them. Well they made it to state and finally got bullied back. Like I said before there were 4 or 5 teams on Carthage’s side of the bracket that would have been in the state championship. They would have beat Gilmer no doubt. Good season to the buckeyes but I’m sorry y’all didn’t play anyone. 

• Like 2
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:05 AM, buckeyefandom said:

Get it straight. I think the kid is a fantastic HS Player. He is getting the most out of his ability, and those of his teammates. He is a proven winner, a gamer, he is tough and has a ton of heart. No question he has earned a ton of respect! But the response was to a quote that he will be the best QB on the field. That simply is. It an accurate statement. I don’t think he’ll be the 3rd best QB on the field. How whomever is playing the position for either team will certainly determine the outcome of the game. And I agree that will be a hard fought contest. But he likely won’t even be playing QB at Lamar. So don’t mix up 2 totally different arguments.

😬

13 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

😬

What's your point? Tennison is a baller, in some people's eyes he is the best in the state... the younger brother will be special as he matures as well, at first I thought you and your BFF from tatum was a step behind most sane folks now I think guru is right and your just a hater... what school board member are you from? Did Gilmer beat yall bad or something lol? That might answer some of these head scratches from you, first time you started yapping your jaws on here you blurted out I'm a board member, like I give a ####!!! LMAO

Most teams would love to have made it to the final two years in a row. Obviously coming up on the short end of the stick both times leaves much room for debate but its still a great accomplishment nonetheless. With that said, CS was a heck of a team that ran the table through the playoffs against a who's who of 4A ball. 

8 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Most teams would love to have made it to the final two years in a row. Obviously coming up on the short end of the stick both times leaves much room for debate but its still a great accomplishment nonetheless. With that said, CS was a heck of a team that ran the table through the playoffs against a who's who of 4A ball. 

Much like last year with Carthage destroying everyone, while not every CS game was a blowout there was never a game where it felt like it was in doubt to me. Or like they were not in control. Even in the game against Carthage and even when WOS went up on them early. It’s just indisputable. 

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

If that QB for CS weighed 210, he’d be the baddest RB to play football.  How he drove 3 Gilmer defensive people back 3 yards for a TD is unfathomable to me.

running prowess and durability for the 5'8" 160 LB 3 year starting QB.

ya know, he is going to Lamar uh?

10 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

What’s strange to me is that nobody ever mentioned CS starting running back was out for this game. They moved their top receiver to running back which he did a heck of a job. Just think what would of happened if number 4 would have been in there. 

Would’ve been a larger spread victory for CS, no doubt.

• Like 2