Jump to content

#2 Gilmer vs #5 China Spring 4A Div II UIL State Final Championship


Crawford
 Share

State Championship  

110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Gilmer Buckeyes (14-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

All see all the time is how Brandon is a athlete and this and that and he’s to little to play Qb at the next level. It’s crazy to me that he gets so much hate be continues to do great things. Everyone wants to judge him off the Carthage games but not all the other games he has played. How many QBs can say that they have taken their team to a state championship in their two yrs of starting not many.

No, he is really good and I hope he will continue to develop and get to play at UTSA.  I personally would have loved to have had him on the Carthage roster 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

No, he is really good and I hope he will continue to develop and get to play at UTSA.  I personally would have loved to have had him on the Carthage roster 😂

If he was on Carthage roster they would of won it and not have been challenged in any game even the Crosby game.

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

You do know the heisman trophy winner is not 6’0 tall

He was a 5 star and #1 Dual QB in the country. Kingsbury offered him a scholarship at 14. There is no hate on Tennison. I hope he excels at the next level. However, there is a reason the recruiting services rank the athletes like they do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want to know if we go smash CS are y’all finally gonna give us our props or are y’all gonna do the same thing y’all do week after week say that the team y’all been saying all week is gonna beat us really ain’t good and we didn’t play no one. I can hear it now “but y’all still didn’t beat Carthage “ you exactly right we didn’t but see this ring? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Buckeyelove said:

I just want to know if we go smash CS are y’all finally gonna give us our props or are y’all gonna do the same thing y’all do week after week say that the team y’all been saying all week is gonna beat us really ain’t good and we didn’t play no one. I can hear it now “but y’all still didn’t beat Carthage “ you exactly right we didn’t but see this ring? 

Word to the wise: Don’t count your rings before they are ordered.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The disrespect is real. Especially from the Gilmer side looking at CS. 

 

I hope everyone realizes what it took for both teams to be here and neither was a fluke. Both teams can play some ball and do a lot of really good things in all 3 phases of the game. It's going to take a great game plan, great execution and some good luck for either team to come out on top.

 

You can't predict turnovers, they just happen when they happen. All you can do is expect both teams to play to their full capability and if anyone thinks either team is 2-3 TD's better than the other then you are just delusional. Not saying the game can't or won't end that way if some of those unpredictable turnovers happen. Just saying both teams playing their best will be a beast of a game that would be decided by a single possession. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, BevBrownJr said:

Word to the wise: Don’t count your rings before they are ordered.

 

 

There’s nothing wrong with loving your team. I see a lot of other people on here seem to feel the same way about they team. What you will never see is me doubting my team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

If he was on Carthage roster they would of won it and not have been challenged in any game even the Crosby game.

Question is, will Gilmer be the bride or the bridesmaid this year? At least you got an invitation to the wedding! 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buckeyelove said:

How many yards have CS passed for in the playoffs?

Enough to win every game by double digits. Side note was there not a Liberty Hill team that won a state game without completing a single pass? I heard there was. Anyone know if that’s true? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a huge consideration will be the big play ability of Gilmer vs CS.  Major is my relative(about my size when I graduated), but he doesn't normally throw the long ball to a guy like Fluellen.  Conversely, Gilmer will NOT get the number of scoring opportunities they did against Celina......who played (for some reason) a very vanilla offensive scheme against Gilmer.  I don't think Gilmer's D will be able to get that many stops against CS.....so that means their offense will not have the ball nearly as much as they might be accustomed to.  One thing you can count on with CS......they WILL control the TOP and therefore the pace.  To Gilmer's credit......they have big play ability and can come back from a deficit even late.  I'm very excited to see this battle on the gridiron of glory.......Best of Luck to both squads.  GO COUGARS!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I think a huge consideration will be the big play ability of Gilmer vs CS.  Major is my relative(about my size when I graduated), but he doesn't normally throw the long ball to a guy like Fluellen.  Conversely, Gilmer will NOT get the number of scoring opportunities they did against Celina......who played (for some reason) a very vanilla offensive scheme against Gilmer.  I don't think Gilmer's D will be able to get that many stops against CS.....so that means their offense will not have the ball nearly as much as they might be accustomed to.  One thing you can count on with CS......they WILL control the TOP and therefore the pace.  To Gilmer's credit......they have big play ability and can come back from a deficit even late.  I'm very excited to see this battle on the gridiron of glory.......Best of Luck to both squads.  GO COUGARS!!

Didn’t u say we were gonna get dominated in the trenches by Celina?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Didn’t u say we were gonna get dominated in the trenches by Celina?

Nope.......I don't think I said that.  You will have to look up what I stated.  I might have stated Celina is big on the lines, but never said that Gilmer would be dominated in the trenches. BTW......I was very impressed with Gilmer's team overall this season after watching that game.  One thing I did not agree with from Celina......trying to pound the ball on the ground the whole game.  It made defending against them easier for Gilmer to just stack the box......which the Buckeyes did.  Gilmer actually "dared" Celina to throw the ball......but their coaches just did not air out the ball at all. CS is a different kind of team with a different style of offense.  Defensively, Celina's D-line did do a good job against Gilmer, considering all the minutes they had to play the whole game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Nope.......I don't think I said that.  You will have to look up what I stated.  I might have stated Celina is big on the lines, but never said that Gilmer would be dominated in the trenches. BTW......I was very impressed with Gilmer's team overall this season after watching that game.  One thing I did not agree with from Celina......trying to pound the ball on the ground the whole game.  It made defending against them easier for Gilmer to just stack the box......which the Buckeyes did.  Gilmer actually "dared" Celina to throw the ball......but their coaches just did not air out the ball at all. CS is a different kind of team with a different style of offense.  Defensively, Celina's D-line did do a good job against Gilmer, considering all the minutes they had to play the whole game.

It was Celina's lack of offense that was the overwhelming determining factor in how that game turned out.....not it's defense.  And part of that problem(most of it) was a poor game scheme offensively.  Running the ball 75-80% of the plays was not a quality gameplan against this season's Gilmer Buckeyes, IMHO.  But at the same time.....Gilmer was able to get the stops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Nope.......I don't think I said that.  You will have to look up what I stated.  I might have stated Celina is big on the lines, but never said that Gilmer would be dominated in the trenches. BTW......I was very impressed with Gilmer's team overall this season after watching that game.  One thing I did not agree with from Celina......trying to pound the ball on the ground the whole game.  It made defending against them easier for Gilmer to just stack the box......which the Buckeyes did.  Gilmer actually "dared" Celina to throw the ball......but their coaches just did not air out the ball at all. CS is a different kind of team with a different style of offense.  Defensively, Celina's D-line did do a good job against Gilmer, considering all the minutes they had to play the whole game.

They tried to throw and had no success, if u watched celina all yr all they do is throw the ball deep and rely on the 6’5 receiver to come down with it and he was on lock by a freshman. The one pass that they completed was on a busted play where it was a offsides and the corner just stopped on the play but other than that they didn’t have the speed to create any separation. I think celina did exactly what they have done to everyone else it’s just didn’t work against us so u can’t just start doing something your not comfortable with in the middle of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

They tried to throw and had no success, if u watched celina all yr all they do is throw the ball deep and rely on the 6’5 receiver to come down with it and he was on lock by a freshman. The one pass that they completed was on a busted play where it was a offsides and the corner just stopped on the play but other than that they didn’t have the speed to create any separation. I think celina did exactly what they have done to everyone else it’s just didn’t work against us so u can’t just start doing something your not comfortable with in the middle of the game.

Probably true knowing the Celina coaching staff and how they gameplan......I really didn't watch their games this season because they were blowing out every opponent this season.  Of course......that district and Region 1 playoff bracket was nothing to write home about, LOL.  I just assumed they would have enough sense to throw it around against Glimer, but they didn't.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Is this the only East Texas team to make the State finals (Gilmer) Man talk about beast football (yawn) (sarcasm) I love how you east texas folks talk about how good yall are and then boom only one team makes the state title game out of east texas. More teams out of Central Texas and DFW and south Texas every year. 

 

I get it Carthage makes it usually. 

 

China Spring 42

Gilmer 28

 

China Spring

Lorena

Franklin 

 

3 Teams winning state in Central Texas.

Gilmer has more state titles than those three combined. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

4A DI and DII has been dominated by East Texas for the last 15 years or longer. 
Carthage 8 titles since 2008

Gilmer

Pleasant Grove 2 in the last five years

Chapel Hill

Henderson

Kilgore

Liberty E. 

An without Carthage like I stated you would only have 5 titles in 15 years or longer. Carthage is a different animal they are the (Beast) of the east everyone else isnt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...