Jump to content

#2 Gilmer vs #5 China Spring 4A Div II UIL State Final Championship


Crawford
 Share

State Championship  

110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Gilmer Buckeyes (14-1)
    • China Spring Cougars (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

An without Carthage like I stated you would only have 5 titles in 15 years or longer. Carthage is a different animal they are the (Beast) of the east everyone else isnt.

But that is it, you have to count Carthage. Which makes East Texas the most dominate in 4A football state championships. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

They are in a East Texas district. You can’t go any further East. 
 

This is the problem with people like you when you talk Texas you must break it down like this:

 

North East Texas

East Texas

South East Texas

North Texas/DFW

Central Texas

South Central Texas

South Texas

Panhandle 

North West Texas

West Texas

South West Texas

El Paso Region

 

I am trying to upload a map breaking it down.

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cowboyandchrist said:

But that is it, you have to count Carthage. Which makes East Texas the most dominate in 4A football state championships. 

Yes but Gilmer calls them the (Beast) when in fact it is Carthage not them! Only one team gets to call themselves the BEAST of the east and that is Carthage!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Allheartnoquit said:

This is the problem with people like you when you talk Texas you must break it down like this:

 

North East Texas

East Texas

South East Texas

North Texas

DFW

Central Texas

South Central Texas

South Texas

Panhandle 

North West Texas

West Texas

South West Texas

El Paso Region

 

I am trying to upload a map breaking it down.

In that case. East Texas is still the most dominant in state championships

in 15 years Carthage, Gilmer, Henderson, and Kilgore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

This is how you break up Texas! 

IMG_5550.jpg

I think we need a new thread to cover the THSFB "regions" and where the lines are...then who dominates.  I will say, when you talk about big schools, East Texas has a very low representation because there aren't that many. 2A through 4A, I think we hold our own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats to both China Springs and Gilmer for making it to the State game. I see talk of the BEAST in East Texas and I have to say a team that has 8 state titles in 10 years, more State titles than playoff losses, not to mention all but two of the playoff losses being in the semifinal round. I would say that Carthage is the most dominate team. Yes, they lost early this year, in the playoffs every good team will most likely loose at some point. In my opinion, a dominate team is not always one that remains undefeated but one that after a loss gets back up, learns from mistakes made and continues to push themselves to get better. I remember a time when Gilmer beat Carthage every year and was a dominate force. They were expected to make the playoffs and possibly win State. Now Carthage has established a winning tradition also. These two schools are both power house schools and who ever they play must be on their best game to compete much less win. I have to say that I agree Carthage is a different animal all around. Good luck to all teams competing in the State games next week. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, thesquare said:

Congrats to both China Springs and Gilmer for making it to the State game. I see talk of the BEAST in East Texas and I have to say a team that has 8 state titles in 10 years, more State titles than playoff losses, not to mention all but two of the playoff losses being in the semifinal round. I would say that Carthage is the most dominate team. Yes, they lost early this year, in the playoffs every good team will most likely loose at some point. In my opinion, a dominate team is not always one that remains undefeated but one that after a loss gets back up, learns from mistakes made and continues to push themselves to get better. I remember a time when Gilmer beat Carthage every year and was a dominate force. They were expected to make the playoffs and possibly win State. Now Carthage has established a winning tradition also. These two schools are both power house schools and who ever they play must be on their best game to compete much less win. I have to say that I agree Carthage is a different animal all around. Good luck to all teams competing in the State games next week. 

Very good post! And I remember when Gilmer was on the more dominant end of it and I would think to myself something along the lines of "Well it's Gilmer this week, it will probably be a loss but we are at least going to get better playing this game."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Folks, I guess I will chime in and give my thoughts on this game.  China Spring is obviously the real deal this season.  We will have to be on top of our game in all aspects to win this one.  We can't keep making the same mistakes we have been and expect to win against a team the caliber of China Spring.  Do I think we can win?  Absolutely!  We will need to get quite a few stops defensively, and find a rhythm early on offense.  Without silly penalties and turnovers, and we do the aforementioned, we will win.  Otherwise, CS will make it extremely tough for us to accomplish our goal.  I'm hoping for our best outing of the year, and that's likely what it will take.  Will the Buckeyes rise up?  We will see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...