#2 Gunter vs #1 Franklin 3A Div II State Championship

wingtveer

State Championship  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gunter Tigers (15-0)
    • Franklin Lions (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

On 12/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, lionpride08 said:

No one has scored more the 21 on franklin this season...

I said Franklin 31 Gunter 17. I don’t have Gunter scoring 21. Ive seen both teams play and on film. Gunter has speed but they don’t have Franklin speed. And Franklin didn’t have Waskom speed. That showed on Waskom’s 2 long TD runs. Franklin defense did a good job making Waskom run horizontally and not vertically. As a coach myself and not a HS handicapper I just think Franklin will be tough to beat. And oh yeah I wish I had a lot of Franklins players on my team but if I could just choose one I’d take #15 in a heart beat. That dude can play and I know a couple of Franklin’s coaches and they say not only is he a great player he’s an even greater kid.

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

I said Franklin 31 Gunter 17. I don’t have Gunter scoring 21. Ive seen both teams play and on film. Gunter has speed but they don’t have Franklin speed. And Franklin didn’t have Waskom speed. That showed on Waskom’s 2 long TD runs. Franklin defense did a good job making Waskom run horizontally and not vertically. As a coach myself and not a HS handicapper I just think Franklin will be tough to beat. And oh yeah I wish I had a lot of Franklins players on my team but if I could just choose one I’d take #15 in a heart beat. That dude can play and I know a couple of Franklin’s coaches and they say not only is he a great player he’s an even greater kid.

Them two td runs no one was around them so no i didn't think they would catch them. Just a great play call. I think franklin and Waskom could match up well in speed. But making state in the 4×100 and 4×200 in track shows the speed they have. I know football speed and track speed are not the same but I believe only two teams went to state in both and that was Brock and Franklin. Waskom does have a lot of speed and having a young qb will help them build for next year.

Finally game day!  What a season it’s been. Nothing like texas high school football! Go get em Gunter. All any team can do is leave it all on the field. That 3rd championship is close. This game will be extremely tough as Franklin fields an outstanding team, but the same can be said about us as well. Hope both play their best and stay injury free. Roll big blue. TPW!!!

54 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Don’t know about you buddy, but I couldn’t sleep thinking about this game. Lol

I slept just fine but not enough. Should have caught a few more zzzs - going to all three games today. GT will be fine. I’m sure they are more than ready for the four quarters battle ahead of them. In Fiezel We Trust, right? Couldn’t be more proud of this group, seniors especially. Hoping KK gets a play in somehow, that’d mean the world to all of them. Anyway, I’m waxing sentimental this morning. Safe travels and Get’em Tigers!

21 minutes ago, 2Punks said:

I slept just fine but not enough. Should have caught a few more zzzs - going to all three games today. GT will be fine. I’m sure they are more than ready for the four quarters battle ahead of them. In Fiezel We Trust, right? Couldn’t be more proud of this group, seniors especially. Hoping KK gets a play in somehow, that’d mean the world to all of them. Anyway, I’m waxing sentimental this morning. Safe travels and Get’em Tigers!

Well said!!  I hope rigsby gets in too.