Dallas South Oak Cliff

cujoforlife

Couldn't be happier for SOC and that coaching staff.

You could see the program they've been wanting to build over there for quite a while. I always applaud those that will willingly come to Lobo back to back years as SOC did a couple years ago.

Hoping they can pull it out next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

People want to know why Skyline has fallen off, it's because those players are staying in Oak Cliff and playing for SOC.

They've gotten some from Mesquite too, QB Jennings being one of them.

• Like 2

Mesquite has lost some good players over the years. Deshon Elliot and Jaquinden Jackson both grew up in Mesquite. The vast Majority of Skyline players came from Oak Cliff. Skyline is mostly a hispanic school and they really don't participate in football. If your a kid raised in  apartments it's pretty easy to move around in the DFW. 

32 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

Mesquite has lost some good players over the years. Deshon Elliot and Jaquinden Jackson both grew up in Mesquite. The vast Majority of Skyline players came from Oak Cliff. Skyline is mostly a hispanic school and they really don't participate in football. If your a kid raised in  apartments it's pretty easy to move around in the DFW. 

My sister bought a house in Ridge Ranch subdivision. I noticed that there is a lot of vacant land around Horn High School. What  is Horn High School population supposed to be built out to? I reckon they would have to build another High school, middle school  and elementary to accommodate all the growth on Cartwright and surrounding areas. 

59 minutes ago, Grainraiser said:

Blackshire came from Mesquite too, SOC has others who played in MISD at some point....

Those kids are flocking out of there. Can't blame them. This is why Mesquite Horn needs to get their coaching hire right. Things are more fun when Horn is good.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

My sister bought a house in Ridge Ranch subdivision. I noticed that there is a lot of vacant land around Horn High School. What  is Horn High School population supposed to be built out to? I reckon they would have to build another High school, middle school  and elementary to accommodate all the growth on Cartwright and surrounding areas. 

They are building nearly 4000 homes within walking distance of Horn. The new high school is about 2 miles away so they will get alot of those kids. They have already built a new elementary and middle school less than a 1/2 mile away. They are expecting the area to built out within the next 3 years. I'm convinced the administration is willing to pay big bucks for a quality coach. I am betting they go with an assistant from a quality program but we will see. I just love to me a revelant program again. These last three years have been unbearable.