Dallas South Oak Cliff

cujoforlife

Boggles my mind we are trying to glorify a team that CHEATED. 

Were they the best team?  Yes. 

But they cheated. And they got caught. 

The End. 

Hollywood can dress that up however they want to. But they broke the rules and they had it taken away from them. 

Glorifying it is a slap in the face to every program that actually followed the rules. 

I’m pulling for SOC.

But the revisionist history of Carter and their coach is repugnant. 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wondering if the thumbs down on my post is because I said I’m pulling for SOC…. Or because I called cheaters cheaters. 

Gotta pass algebra to play.  That’s the rules everyone in the state has to follow.  Even Dallas Carter. Even Freddy James. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Wondering if the thumbs down on my post is because I said I’m pulling for SOC…. Or because I called cheaters cheaters. 

Gotta pass algebra to play.  That’s the rules everyone in the state has to follow.  Even Dallas Carter. Even Freddy James. 

I think you might be a little biased because they knocked out your Mavericks. This goes on in half the school districts in the State, they just got caught. Doesn't take away the great team and Coaching staff they had. Carter was the best team in the State that year bar none. Those of us from the Dallas area at that time will never forget that Team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

I think you might be a little biased because they knocked out your Mavericks. This goes on in half the school districts in the State, they just got caught. Doesn't take away the great team and Coaching staff they had. Carter was the best team in the State that year bar none. Those of us from the Dallas area at that time will never forget that Team

I said myself in another post they were the most talented team in the state. 

But saying that teachers changing grades by the pressure of a coach and a principal is  common and widespread is absolutely ludicrous.  The repercussions are too great.

And no matter how great they were…. It doesn’t change the fact that they cheated.  Lots of teams have lost great players to grades since the beginning of No Pass No Play.  Carter wasn’t above the rules everyone else had to follow  

I just think it’s appalling to glorify a team that cheated.

If they hadn’t cheated….there wouldn’t be an * by 5A in 1988.  

• Like 2

On 12/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Can they stop LH?

I find this to be the most interesting game of the state championships. There are so many variables at work here. The newness of SOC getting here and even making a long run. I have gotten the feeling that so many are jumping on the SOC bandwagon, they are feeling like that USC team before supposedly disposing of that Texas team with that un quarterback like Vincent Young guy, remember. After 36 years of coaching, mostly defense, 10 as coordinator, the offense that LH runs is the MOST DIFFICULT OFFENSE to prepare for. It would keep me up nights and often allowed an inferior team to compete and sometimes defeat a vastly superior team that plays conventional, today meaning zone read gun offense. I haven't watched SOC much, just Liberty Hill once and i feel that SOC will beat LH in 18-19 times out of 20. BUT there is only one state championship, and LH does a lot to even the playing field, some things easy to see like their unconventional offense and other unconventional things, like playing the role of Opie, "aw shucks, we just some country boys doing the best we can and will congratulate you after the game win or lose, heck we'll even pick you up after we KNOCK you down." Andrew Luck of Stratford, Stanford and the Colt fame did this to my kids and would drive them crazy and take that anger edge of my defense. Very smart--well played. Again, congratulations to both teams for getting here, unbelieveable accomplishment to the players and staffs, but i am going out on a limb and saying upset by LH by 7-10. If SOC wins  it will be by 28-35. Have a wonderful CHRISTmas and lets thank GOD for a regular season and the ability to live in Texas and celebrate the greatest sport in the world Texas High School Football.

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2021 at 1:06 PM, Retiredfan1001 said:

Watched them beat Aledo.  Read a article yesterday where a man that played on the ‘58  championship team, now has 3 grandsons starting on this team.  

No doubt SOC was good (obviously bc they won state lol) but we had our opportunities to beat them. Couldnt get off the field on 3rd downs and didnt execute on the final drive to win.