#1 LBJ vs #2 Stephenville 4A Div I UIL State Final Championship

Crawford

State Championship  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• LBJ Jaguars (15-0)
    • Stephenville Yellow Jackets (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2021 at 05:00 PM

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Read that back to yourself slowly!!! 

“Stephenville is more athletic than LBJ”

-Matt Stepp

now that’s a hot take! 

Yeah I said it....Stephenville was absolutely more athletic in the trenches than LBJ...anyone with a clue watching the game could see that...they were absolutely better and it wasn't close...go back and re-read the quote tweet there genius

You are now 0-2 today

• LOL! 1

Just now, MattStepp said:

Yeah I said it....Stephenville was absolutely more athletic in the trenches than LBJ...anyone with a clue watching the game could see that...they were absolutely better and it wasn't close...go back and re-read the quote tweet there genius

Wow! 
quality insider info here folks!

lol

4 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Ok buddy. You keep telling yourself that Stephenville is more athletic than LBJ!!! 
C’mon man, you can’t be that guy! 

Seriously?

Im not sure what metrics you are using to determine how one team is more atheletic than another....but, you don't make it this deep in the playoffs without having great athletes along with very good coaching. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Im not sure what metrics you are using to determine how one team is more atheletic than another....but, you don't make it this deep in the playoffs without having great athletes along with very good coaching. 

Ok, fair assessment and I’ll agree to an extent. I think that side of the 4Ad1 bracket has been pretty weak the last two seasons. 

I’m using a metric called the eyeball test.  The linemen for LBJ are giants, their skill guys are insanely fast/quick/ etc. All the tools that God gave them

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

Ok, fair assessment and I’ll agree to an extent. I think that side of the 4Ad1 bracket has been pretty weak the last two seasons. 

I’m using a metric called the eyeball test.  The linemen for LBJ are giants, their skill guys are insanely fast/quick/ etc. All the tools that God gave them

They can be big, fast and quick too. Just like Stephenville. I’m late to this party, but I’m not sure I understand what you are arguing? Lol

38 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

They can be big, fast and quick too. Just like Stephenville. I’m late to this party, but I’m not sure I understand what you are arguing? Lol

Agreed

lol, my point is that LBJ had more God given talent than any other team. The size and speed they have is unmatched in 4A

3 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Agreed

lol, my point is that LBJ had more God given talent than any other team. The size and speed they have is unmatched in 4A

I mean it looks like it got matched. I watched the game and saw many plays where stephenville players were running away from and overpowering LBJ players. 

I didn’t follow either of these two teams through the season. I just know I watched the game yesterday and Stephenville was better all around. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I mean it looks like it got matched. I watched the game and saw many plays where stephenville players were running away from and overpowering LBJ players. 

I didn’t follow either of these two teams through the season. I just know I watched the game yesterday and Stephenville was better all around. 

Definitely. I’m only referring to natural ability. What Stephenville did is credit to the weightroom, great program and coaching. Most of LBJs success is because God made this kid really fast/quick. 

• Like 1

Eakin is the real deal, let me say that first off.. great size and hands, match up problem for anyone i believe. LBJ shot itself in the foot early with those fumbles,  I thought after the 2nd one they would just go all out pass and exploit the speed issue,  Great planning by Sville to bracket Leary and take him out the game.  Congrats overall to SVille.. looking forward to next season

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, lex23 said:

Eakin is the real deal, let me say that first off.. great size and hands, match up problem for anyone i believe. LBJ shot itself in the foot early with those fumbles,  I thought after the 2nd one they would just go all out pass and exploit the speed issue,  Great planning by Sville to bracket Leary and take him out the game.  Congrats overall to SVille.. looking forward to next season

Speaking of Eakin….. late offer by Texas Tech and a commit over the weekend. Good for him. 

• Like 1

The two best players on the field belong to the Ville. 
The linebacker and wide receiver and it was not close. 
If the linebacker doses not play for a major DI school, that would be just plain stupid. Size, speed, and what very few have. Instinct to know how to find the ball and deliver bone cracking hits. The wide receiver has major ball handling skills and decent speed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

If the linebacker doses not play for a major DI school, that would be just plain stupid. Size, speed, and what very few have. Instinct to know how to find the ball and deliver bone cracking hits. The wide receiver has major ball handling skills and decent speed. 

I'm not sure what a previous poster was looking at.  I kinda feel like he was making the typical "inner city equals more athletic" argument.  But I watched that game twice and Stephenville looked bigger and more talented to me. The fumbles didn't help LBJ and probably caused them a shot to win the game, but if these teams played 10 times, I probably say Stephenville wins 6 to 7 times. 

And just because you are more "athletic" doesn't make you better....Tom Brady 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The thing that some don’t know is Eakin was/is a stud QB as well. Could have started t QB for 90% of schools 4a and down. 
kid is a baller

15 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm not sure what a previous poster was looking at.  I kinda feel like he was making the typical "inner city equals more athletic" argument.  But I watched that game twice and Stephenville looked bigger and more talented to me. The fumbles didn't help LBJ and probably caused them a shot to win the game, but if these teams played 10 times, I probably say Stephenville wins 6 to 7 times. 

And just because you are more "athletic" doesn't make you better....Tom Brady 

He absolutely was...inner city team "undisciplined, only gets by on talent, poorly coached"

Team with mostly white kids "gritty, hard working, well coached, smart"

He just won't say it with his chest. Stuff like that is a disservice to both teams and coaches 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

He absolutely was...inner city team "undisciplined, only gets by on talent, poorly coached"

Team with mostly white kids "gritty, hard working, well coached, smart"

He just won't say it with his chest. Stuff like that is a disservice to both teams and coaches 

If you're referring to me You're still absolutely wrong! I never mentioned "inner city" or "white players". I can see how you like to spin the race card into it though.  Nice work sir.  

I never said Sville didn't have athletes.  I just said LBJ had more.  I defined my term "athletic" as tools that God gave them.  Big,  fast, quick, etc... 

There is no question that LBJ had more big,  fast,  and quick players.  

The two kids you mentioned from Sville were absolute studs, but how many dbs did the wr just run past? 

Every LBJ lineman is bigger than the sville LB. 

Every advantage that the kids from Stephenville had over LBJ was earned through hard work and coaching.  

Coaching beat athletic talent.  

6 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

If you're referring to me You're still absolutely wrong! I never mentioned "inner city" or "white players". I can see how you like to spin the race card into it though.  Nice work sir.  

I never said Sville didn't have athletes.  I just said LBJ had more.  I defined my term "athletic" as tools that God gave them.  Big,  fast, quick, etc... 

There is no question that LBJ had more big,  fast,  and quick players.  

The two kids you mentioned from Sville were absolute studs, but how many dbs did the wr just run past? 

Every LBJ lineman is bigger than the sville LB. 

Every advantage that the kids from Stephenville had over LBJ was earned through hard work and coaching.  

Coaching beat athletic talent.  

Just calling it like I see it...those Stephenville kids definitely brought their lunch pails and beat LBJ with pure grit and hard work....amazing