#1 LBJ vs #2 Stephenville 4A Div I UIL State Final Championship

Crawford

State Championship  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• LBJ Jaguars (15-0)
    • Stephenville Yellow Jackets (15-0)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2021 at 05:00 PM

The race card gets spinned in TXHSFB all the time weather we admit it or not. I've sat in enough pressboxes, posted on enough forums and talked to enough coaches to know it.

The years I covered Everman from 2001-2010 weekly I'd hear "ohh they are undisciplined, they win with talent alone" just because they were 95% Black football team.

Mind you Everman was one of the most well coached, disciplined team out there...

Or when DeSoto won stare I'd hear people say "DeSoto is the hood" Have any of these people ever been to DeSoto?? Its a nice town! Lol 

It works the other ways too with teams who are 95% white always being labeled as hard working, well coached, not given credit for their athletcism

And don't get me started on all the things I hear said about teams with mostly Latino players...

Inherent bias exists, its better to acknowledge it, admit it and be better for it..

Just my post hospital rant 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The race card gets spinned in TXHSFB all the time weather we admit it or not. I've sat in enough pressboxes, posted on enough forums and talked to enough coaches to know it.

The years I covered Everman from 2001-2010 weekly I'd hear "ohh they are undisciplined, they win with talent alone" just because they were 95% Black football team.

Mind you Everman was one of the most well coached, disciplined team out there...

Or when DeSoto won stare I'd hear people say "DeSoto is the hood" Have any of these people ever been to DeSoto?? Its a nice town! Lol 

It works the other ways too with teams who are 95% white always being labeled as hard working, well coached, not given credit for their athletcism

And don't get me started on all the things I hear said about teams with mostly Latino players...

Inherent bias exists, its better to acknowledge it, admit it and be better for it..

If Desoto is a nice town then there's a bunch that you and I don't agree on !🤣 There are nice places,  but it's got some rough spots as well! 

48 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

BTW, I'm not one of those guys. 

I think GP Northshore, D'ville, Longview, etc are extremely well coached.  There are loads of all white schools that are poorly coached.  

I just funny think LBJ is "well coached". 

Not bad,  just not too good

40 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

If Desoto is a nice town then there's a bunch that you and I don't agree on !🤣 There are nice places,  but it's got some rough spots as well! 

DeSoto's "rough" spots are a country club compared to a lot of places

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Stephenville no athletes....WR commits to Texas Tech...MLB to Abilene Christian

That Ville linebacker was the best I saw in any state championship game. 
I went back and watched that game several times. That guy was in on dang near every tackle. 
Crying shame he was not given a shot at the DI schools. 
Heck my Dawgs had a big time linebacker going to Oklahoma and to me the only thing he had on the Ville linebacker was speed but not a lot of difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I went back and watched that game several times. That guy was in on dang near every tackle. 
Heck my Dawgs had a big time linebacker going to Oklahoma and to me the only thing he had on the Ville linebacker was speed but not a lot of difference. 

I thought him and the LB at China Spring were the best 2 I saw that weekend as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Hey ACU is D1 now! Lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Desoto is definitely not the hood.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Name any place that doesn't have rough spots. Especially good size towns or cities.