Tyler Chapel Hill Football 2022

LilBroKevTEN

25 minutes ago, tomlandry said:

Chances CH head coach leaves after this year? Lots of deserving praise to bring CH so far. 

I don’t think any coach would leave a situation he’s found himself in, unless there is a serious jump in pay with an equal opportunity to win at the same level expected of CH over the next few years. 

CH school board needs to go ahead and free up some more money for him.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I don’t think any coach would leave a situation he’s found himself in, unless there is a serious jump in pay with an equal opportunity to win at the same level expected of CH over the next few years. 

CH school board needs to go ahead and free up some more money for him.  

Coach Rush from JT did. The pay was little better but the team not so much. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Agreed, no way Tyler schedules CH. There is nothing to gain for the Lions. You can't schedule 2 divisions below and I'm not aware of anyone else that does that, either. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

it happens, but rare.  In Louisiana its a normal thing. 5a schools play 1a school there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VonG said:

Coach Rush from JT did. The pay was little better but the team not so much. 

Coach Rush had his entire team coming back, and almost a sure lock to compete for a state championship and he left.  I guess that was a heck of a pay raise, because TISD pay compared to the rest of the state is pretty good. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Coach Rush had his entire team coming back, and almost a sure lock to compete for a state championship and he left.  I guess that was a heck of a pay raise, because TISD pay compared to the rest of the state is pretty good. 

Back then I think it was middle of the pack. He really wanted out of Tyler for whatever reason. 

22 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

He got a little over $10k pay increase and he followed his AD that originally hired him at JT down there.

I know. A $10,000 pay raise is really not that much when you have to up root your family and move to another part of the state. Especially when you are on the cusp of winning a state championship had you stayed. The team you went to was not very good. 

17 minutes ago, VonG said:

I know. A $10,000 pay raise is really not that much when you have to up root your family and move to another part of the state. Especially when you are on the cusp of winning a state championship had you stayed. The team you went to was not very good. 

It all depends on your situation.  He’s the AD at Bryan ISD now. 10k is a 10% increase and in the world of coaching those guys know that moving is just part of the job.

Rio has family in Lindale, so he’s got ties here that help, but hopefully his pay gets bumped

5 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

It all depends on your situation.  He’s the AD at Bryan ISD now. 10k is a 10% increase and in the world of coaching those guys know that moving is just part of the job.

Rio has family in Lindale, so he’s got ties here that help, but hopefully his pay gets bumped

Rush is the Assistant AD at Bryan isd. Put it like this Rush just wanted out of Tyler. 

On 12/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, Stankylegg said:

If Whitehouse happens it will probably be week 2. That game is so highly attended it has to be played at Rose Stadium, because CH’s stadium is too small to do a home and away.  

John Tyler has been attempted to be scheduled many times over the last 4 decades.  They aren’t going to play a team two divisions below, just like Ch is not going to schedule Arp.

I like a schedule like this…

1. 5AD2 Hallsville, Greenville, Sulphur Springs, Nacogdoches, Mt. Pleasant.

2. Whitehouse

3. Carthage/Gilmer

4. 4AD1 playoff team like Paris, La Vega, Etc.

We have tried CH coaches don’t wanna play JT

• Like 1