Title Games on Bally Sports

88YoePride

23 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Does anyone know anything about this Bally Sports Network? Are most satellite providers carrying it?

If you have the DISH network you’re out of luck.  Directv carries Bally Sports. 
You have to purchase a separate sports package to get it. 

• Roll Eyes 1

I signed up for Directv Streaming.  With unlimited DVR (only 20 hours basic) it is about $100 a month.  I have all the games (series)  set to record starting tonight. After I watch all the games I will cancel unless it blows me over.  I have Dish for $168 a month but can shut it down any time.

I will watch the Thursday games in person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

Absolutely right...and it's a shame that a lot of the people that can't go to the game will not be able to watch it because of this garbage.

Garbage as in covid or garbage as in dish BS'ing around? I'm talking about dish

Just now, JETT said:

Garbage as in covid or garbage as in dish BS'ing around? I'm talking about dish

I think it's more the UIL's fault for selling the rights to the highest bidder instead of opening it up to several networks...but that doesn't surprise me at all...the UIL is always all about the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

It did on me.  I never watched FSSW except the State Championship games annually. Switched to youtube TV earlier this year cause got tired of getting jobbed by DirecTV every year.  Didn't notice I didn’t have channel to watch games until yesterday.  Its no problem just decided to go hunting instead.  

If UIL wants to limit viewers by making an agreement with a network that has pretty limited viewing options then thats their prerogative but they are missing out on lots of eyeballs if thats of any consideration.  

I agree with this sentiment, but there must not have been a huge bidding war for this.  It's been on FSSW (now Bally) for years.  Does anyone know how long the contract is?

11 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I agree with this sentiment, but there must not have been a huge bidding war for this.  It's been on FSSW (now Bally) for years.  Does anyone know how long the contract is?

I believe they are in year eight or nine of a ten year contract...but no networks are going to bid on it so I dont anticipate it'll be anywhere but Bally

On 12/15/2021 at 11:13 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Here are your ONLY options for Bally Sports Southwest:

1. DirectTV (or Direct TV STREAM, formally ATT NOW)
2. Suddenlink
3. Spectrum
4. Grande Communications

Your best bet here is to sign up for a non-obligated contract for Direct TV Stream and cancel within 14 days (https://thestreamable.com/live-tv-streaming/directv-stream/can-you-get-a-free-trial-of-directv-stream).  It's pretty easy, but it also sucks because you can only do this once.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2021/10/06/how-to-watch-mavericks-games-on-bally-sports-southwest-streaming-cable-national-tv-options/

See above