Best Texas HS QB

Stoney

If basing off of Wins/losses Roshaaud Paul has to be up there. He’s 47-0 in his career. Adam Herrera of Celina has a record of 46-2. Both I’m not 100% sure because if I remember right both might not have been QB all four years and started all those games. 

Other East Texans worth a mention

Tyler Boyd 43-3 (all three L’s to Gilmer)

Stump 41-3

Pollard of Tatum 41-4

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t remember Mahomes being considered a “great” high school qb.

That's because he played at Whitehouse. Did you see him play in high school? Go check his stats out at Whitehouse while he was in high school and get back at me. He didn't all of sudden get great because he made it to the pros. He was always great at a non football school. Whether it was football, basketball, or baseball. Believe me he excelled at all sports. Gatorade player of the year in his final season in high school . Don't let not winning a state championship in high school cloud your judgment of him. Whitehouse had their best years in football when he was at the helm.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t remember Mahomes being considered a “great” high school qb.

Mahomes was unbelievable in HS.  How he flew under the radar of alot of schools is crazy with the stats he put up.  If you saw him live, you would probably think there is no qb in the state at that time better than him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VonG said:

That's a Great list.

its a great list,  but its VY for me. Considering the school he was at and the teams he beat, its not really a tough decision for me.   I believe 247 still has him as the highest rated HS QB of all time.   Only if he had a better offensive NFL coach or played today.  Kyler had alot of things in his favor...but I probably have him right under VY. Mahomes, Manziel and Brees up there too. I didn't see the other guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

That's because he played at Whitehouse. Did you see him play in high school? Go check his stats out at Whitehouse while he was in high school and get back at me. He didn't all of sudden get great because he made it to the pros. He was always great at a non football school. Whether it was football, basketball, or baseball. Believe me he excelled at all sports. Gatorade player of the year in his final season in high school . Don't let not winning a state championship in high school cloud your judgment of him. Whitehouse had their best years in football when he was at the helm.

We at Carthage remember him very well. Had them down by three touchdowns and ended up getting beat 63 to 39. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

We at Carthage remember him very well. Had them down by three touchdowns and ended up getting beat 63 to 39. 

I was there. There was no game going on in Tyler, so a few of us Tylerites decided to go check that game out.