2022 Early Signing Day

Stoney

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think LSU is going to be just fine.  I would guess #15 class by the end of the day.  It's a hard drop from what we are used to, but also to be expected in a coaching change.

Getting Frank Wilson on staff was a good get for Kelly. 

15 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think LSU is going to be just fine.  I would guess #15 class by the end of the day.  It's a hard drop from what we are used to, but also to be expected in a coaching change.

You guys need to get your crap together, so A&M isn’t a monster.

Just now, Valhalla said:

You guys need to get your crap together, so A&M isn’t a monster.

I have more concerns about Texas and NIL...  The boosters are smart and will find a way to buy every recruit they want.  But you are correct, if LSU doesn't get Houston back, the Texas schools are about to put LSU back in the Jerry DiNardo days.

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Not at the level they are this offseason with LSU, Texas, and Florida being dumpster fires.

Fisher has recruited at a top 5 level pretty consistently. You’re right maybe they don’t flirt with the number 1 class next year, but they are going to solidly be in that 3-5 range pretty easily from here on out I believe. And if he ever manages to win the west all bets are off. This isn’t the A&M of the 2000s that was seriously lacking in facilities and money and struggled recruiting. 

Just now, WETSU said:

Fisher has recruited at a top 5 level pretty consistently. You’re right maybe they don’t flirt with the number 1 class next year, but they are going to solidly be in that 3-5 range pretty easily from here on out I believe. And if he ever manages to win the west all bets are off. This isn’t the A&M of the 2000s that was seriously lacking in facilities and money and struggled recruiting. 

That is true, but there is a big difference between the #1 class and the #5 class. 

A&M will get there guys for sure, but not like Alabama or Georgia which is what they are recruiting like for this class.

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That is true, but there is a big difference between the #1 class and the #5 class. 

A&M will get there guys for sure, but not like Alabama or Georgia which is what they are recruiting like for this class.

We will See moving forward I suppose. The thing is, A&M is not winning battles against Texas or LSU so to say. Many of their recruits they are going against specifically Georgia and Bama head to head and still winning. That has little to do with what is going on at Texas or LSU.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have more concerns about Texas and NIL...  The boosters are smart and will find a way to buy every recruit they want.  But you are correct, if LSU doesn't get Houston back, the Texas schools are about to put LSU back in the Jerry DiNardo days.

Texas has recruited well recently...In the last 11 classes, Texas has finished in the top-10 six times, top-5 four times and still has four 5-7 finishes in that stretch. The difference in this class is they have made a priority in the trenches. Then again there is a lot of hype because of the NIL deals and Sark getting a full year to recruit "his guys". Time will tell if Texas can turn the corner, or if the media is selling more of the same...hope...

2011 - 4
2012 - 2
2013 - 17
2014 - 17
2015 - 10
2016 - 11
2017 - 33
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 9
2021 - 15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Texas has recruited well recently...In the last 11 classes, Texas has finished in the top-10 six times, top-5 four times and still has four 5-7 finishes in that stretch. The difference in this class is they have made a priority in the trenches. Then again there is a lot of hype because of the NIL deals and Sark getting a full year to recruit "his guys". Time will tell if Texas can turn the corner, or if the media is selling more of the same...hope...

2011 - 4
2012 - 2
2013 - 17
2014 - 17
2015 - 10
2016 - 11
2017 - 33
2018 - 3
2019 - 3
2020 - 9
2021 - 15

That time needs to be now.  There can't be excuses when you have an average class ranking of 8th of the kids that should be on campus in 2022.  I am also guessing the 2022 added to this will make that ranking looking even better.