2021 UIL State Championships vs NCAA Bowl Game Attendance Thread

LoboFan07

41 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Today’s attendance will be massive.

Let's hope so.

No doubt the first game will bring a lot.

Would imagine Duncanville brings a big crowd as well.

Westlake does not travel well, Guyer as well doesn't travel that well.

The 5A D1 attendance plus the 6A D2 attendance will bring things way down this year imo.

• Like 1

I was at Texas Stadium for the all time attendance record in December 1977, 49,500+ watched Plano beat PNG 13-10. One game. Hard to really count Arlington Stadium crowds as “records” because there are so many people there for the day, all games.

Still, it’s amazing how this plays out every year now. Clearly, it’s a home run having one site. 

On 12/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Cowboys1970 said:

I remember going to the Groveton/Alto game State Quarter-final game in 1990 at Homer Bryce Stadium. It was then a record crowd at almost 13,000 in attendance. That was something to see! 

I was there and that was AMAZING to have that many folks for a 2A game. Wow. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

There are literally MILLIONS of millionaires out there in the USA today.......the rich get richer and the working guy just pays more and more.

I am glad there are millionaires. 
I don’t envy the rich. Without them, no one has a job. When is the last time a poor man gave someone a job. 
I don’t want there burden, but as a small business owner I am very thankful. God uses those millionaires to help us. 

On 12/19/2021 at 12:18 AM, StingEmALTO said:

Also this:  18,000 at Alto-Celina in the 1995 state championship game at Texas Stadium! Craig Way talked about it during the Shiner-Hawley state championship game the other night! Very cool “7 lead changes!” (Tried to upload the video but it’s too large! Lol)

Would love to see a replay of that game.

You need to find a way to upload that video. Even if you got to break it down in two halves. I remember getting my Dave Campbell's TFM next summer, and reading the article from Mr. David Barron how he was traveling home for Christmas and had trouble keeping his car on the road bc all the lead changes. 

I've even tried finding it you tube, but been unable to find it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cowboys1970 said:

You need to find a way to upload that video. Even if you got to break it down in two halves. I remember getting my Dave Campbell's TFM next summer, and reading the article from Mr. David Barron how he was traveling home for Christmas and had trouble keeping his car on the road bc all the lead changes. 

I've even tried finding it you tube, but been unable to find it. 

That is so cool about the David Barron article. I’ll have to dig around and see if I can find it!

I have the game film! My mom was the team videographer at that time (my brother was a junior and the starting center with Brian Gamble at QB!) and so we have all the film (Refugio game the week before too! I’ve rewatched that one! Lol). AND believe it or not I never watched the Celina state game film. The biggest memory I have from that game is the sheer agony of defeat with my brother face down on the star devastated after the 4 point loss……when we could have so easily been on the winning side (3 days before Christmas to boot!). It was an awesome, exciting game for sure. BUT DANG. Heartbreaking.

Fun side story: So my dad and the booster club had had “STATE CHAMPS 1995” caps made to hand out after the game….yep I know. Bit them in the butt. FAST FORWARD to 2006….my dad had kept a few of those caps and taken the “1995” stitching off of them. When we WON that state championship game in 2006 he pulled that cap out and PROUDLY put it on his head!!! WE WERE STATE CHAMPS and even if it wasn’t his son who was on the team, we couldn’t have been more proud! It was a RELIEF! And a memory I’ll never forget. It was VERY COOL to win the next year and go back to back. Just wish we had a play or two back at that Celina game….it was a battle for the ages!

I think when I’m at my mom’s at Christmas I’ll get that old VHS out and watch it. Might sting still but surely not as much. Lol

What a great week of games!!!

The lower divisions brought the noise!! The SOC/Liberty Hill game was made even better because of the energy from the crowd!! 

The Duncanville/NS game was disappointing both on the field and the lack of energy from 40k + plus but not a lot of passion. 

All in all it was a great week games and a week well spent with my dad!!