Harmony’s Russell retiring

Eagleborn

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Probably 50 or so people. Had maybe 5,6 people talk. School spirit both on and off the field was a big talking point. A AD who won’t be strictly football but give other sports equal billing. Discipline off field. Want someone with background from a successful program. If kid sits on varsity bench, move him down to JV or freshman team for playing time. Alumni, parents could support athletics better. Superintendent wants someone sooner rather than later. Who has time to come in and set his vision for the future. That’s basically it in a nutshell.

Which part of that do they not believe Russell was providing?

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Probably 50 or so people. Had maybe 5,6 people talk. School spirit both on and off the field was a big talking point. A AD who won’t be strictly football but give other sports equal billing. Discipline off field. Want someone with background from a successful program. If kid sits on varsity bench, move him down to JV or freshman team for playing time. Alumni, parents could support athletics better. Superintendent wants someone sooner rather than later. Who has time to come in and set his vision for the future. That’s basically it in a nutshell.

Which part of that do they not believe Russell was providing?

You’ll all have to forgive me. I just caught up on this thread and wanted to thank y’all for the entertainment provided. 

Harmony doesn’t need to run the spread but they do need to run an offense that is at least 60/40 run/pass. Their best athletes in the high school right now are WR/RB type kids. They could easily run a successful offense from 12 personnel next season. 

Harmony has very good and passionate parents. Everyone that spoke at the meeting had nothing but kind words for coach Russel, he did great things at Harmony but I think even he will tell you a change was needed. He’s going to do great things at Grace. Whoever the next AD at Harmony is will walk into an athletic department that has high expectations because of the standard set by Coach Russel. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:21 AM, theprodigy said:

Harmony isn't loaded with athletes! They are loaded with strong, disciplined, hard working kids. There is a huge difference! What is the difference in a team being under center pounding the rock being one dimensional and a spread team slinging it being one dimensional? Difference is throwing can be a quick 3 and out. You want to talk about one dimensional? Gunter, Newton, Franklin, Liberty Hill, El Campo, Waskom, SHINER, and China Springs who was very run heavy in the spread had zero problems being "one" dimensional. Everyone thinks you got to go spread to be successful with your 75  percent comment. You got to run what you think is best for the kids you have and I believe Coach Russell did that. Want a comparison to harmony? Quitman! Same type of kids. They used to have hard working disciplined kids and for four straight years they won a district championship and played for two more. They went spread and they became the worst team in the state of Texas 1A-6A cause they thought they had to go spread like everyone else. Coach Webber has come back in and established an offense that is better suited for those kids and they won more games this year than they have the last 10 combined. People have the misconception that you can't throw under center and that is far from true. 

+1,000

• Like 1

A search committee made up of school faculty members from all campuses has been chosen and interviews will begin if they haven’t already.

I really like the way they are going about this hiring process. My opinion doesn’t matter but I think the Superintendent has done a good job so far. 

So harmony has over over 60 applicants for the AD job…..harmony only interviews 2…..yes 2.   Neither of the coaches were in house and the two in house coaches that deserved an interview purely out of respect, got a big bag of poop set on fire and had their door  bell rung.   Pretty coincidental out of ALL the applicants that only two were interviewed?? Hmmm The puppet master and hispuppet win again… As a long time supporter of this community it truly saddens me to think coaches weren’t given a fair shake. In this case they were NOT.  I sure hope the parents of all these D1 athletes playing or roaming the halls really get what they paid for.  Let’s see who is complaining about their subpar son or daughter at the next 20 board meetings.  #Board President Always wins!!!!! Congrats 

• Angry 1

33 minutes ago, SetHut said:

So harmony has over over 60 applicants for the AD job…..harmony only interviews 2…..yes 2.   Neither of the coaches were in house and the two in house coaches that deserved an interview purely out of respect, got a big bag of poop set on fire and had their door  bell rung.   Pretty coincidental out of ALL the applicants that only two were interviewed?? Hmmm The puppet master and hispuppet win again… As a long time supporter of this community it truly saddens me to think coaches weren’t given a fair shake. In this case they were NOT.  I sure hope the parents of all these D1 athletes playing or roaming the halls really get what they paid for.  Let’s see who is complaining about their subpar son or daughter at the next 20 board meetings.  #Board President Always wins!!!!! Congrats 

Not good. This is how I figured it would play out. The guy that posted earlier about the search committee, I had a feeling that was a joke. Hopefully it works out. IMO, Harmony has over achieved the last 7 or 8 years and we will see if the new Coach can keep winning at the 80% clip that Tim Russell has.

Pretty sure most people in the community saw it playing out like this.  Bet your butt though they covered their tracks by having the circus over the last month they have put on so they can toss the blame to someone else. This is what the “community” wanted.  Betting their may be quite a few new faces next year…….pitiful

• Like 1

It’s interesting times. I’m proud to have seen what Coach Russell built. We had dreams of just making the playoffs. He had us winning district and advancing in the playoffs. Is that the level the new coach is expected to keep up? Compete for State? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SetHut said:

Pretty sure most people in the community saw it playing out like this.  Bet your butt though they covered their tracks by having the circus over the last month they have put on so they can toss the blame to someone else. This is what the “community” wanted.  Betting their may be quite a few new faces next year…….pitiful

There’s some good guys on that staff. I’ll be curious to see how it plays out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SetHut said:

...all these D1 athletes???  In Harmony?