13. Columbus - Regional Semifinalist - L 62-13 to Lorena

14. Hallettsville - Area Finalist - L 14-0 to Diboll

15. Industrial - State Quarterfinalist L 35-21 to Lago Vista

16. Edna - Regional Semifinalist - L 33-29 to Lago Vista

17. Shallowater - Regional Semifinalist - L 50-25 to Whitesboro

18. Bushland - Area Finalist - L 41-21 to Whitesboro

19. East Chambers - Area Finalist - L 42-33 to Academy

20. Whitney - Area Finalist - L 57-30 to Mt. Vernon

A very impressive run by Lorena. At the end of the day, no one in this division was all that close to them.  I do know one of Lorena's top backs (leading carrier/rusher) was injured against Lago Vista and did not play in the state championship.  5-7 and 8-12 are debatable.  

I will be coming out with my preseason top 20 shortly after the newly aligned districts are announced.  

40 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

1. Lorena - STATE Champions - W 35-18 over Brock

2. Brock - State Finalists - L 35-18 to Lorena

3. Mt. Vernon - State Semifinalist - L 35-28 (OT) to Brock

4. West - State Quarterfinalist - L 24-13 to Mt. Vernon

5. Gladewater - Regional Semifinalist - L 40-14 to Mt. Vernon

6. Diboll - State Quarterfinalist - L 63-28 to Lorena

7. Malakoff - Regional Semifinalist - 14-12 to West

8. Whitesboro - State Quarterfinalist - L 49-14 to Brock

9. Little River Academy - Regional Semifinalist - L 37-34 to Diboll

10. Grandview - Area Finalist - L 49-21 to Gladewater

11. Jim Ned - Regional Semifinalist - L 70-25 to Brock

12. Lago Vista - State Semifinalist - L 55-17 to Lorena

13. Columbus - Regional Semifinalist - L 62-13 to Lorena

14. Hallettsville - Area Finalist - L 14-0 to Diboll

15. Industrial - State Quarterfinalist L 35-21 to Lago Vista

16. Edna - Regional Semifinalist - L 33-29 to Lago Vista

17. Shallowater - Regional Semifinalist - L 50-25 to Whitesboro

18. Bushland - Area Finalist - L 41-21 to Whitesboro

19. East Chambers - Area Finalist - L 42-33 to Academy

20. Whitney - Area Finalist - L 57-30 to Mt. Vernon

A very impressive run by Lorena. At the end of the day, no one in this division was all that close to them.  I do know one of Lorena's top backs (leading carrier/rusher) was injured against Lago Vista and did not play in the state championship.  5-7 and 8-12 are debatable.  

I will be coming out with my preseason top 20 shortly after the newly aligned districts are announced.  

Yes lorena top back was injured... Had he played they could have put up 50+

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yes lorena top back was injured... Had he played they could have put up 50+

Crazy how they ran the ball like they did without him. They definitely had the next man up mentality but like I said in the SC thread, Lorena is just on another level. 

Btw, congratulations to you guys! Glad you guys bought home some gold. Well, deserved and very impressive showing last year!

5 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Honestly - What do you think the likelihood is that we end up with a district including Lorena, Franklin, and Yoe?

I would say it's highly likely.  Losing Caldwell and adding Franklin just makes sense.  They could ship Franklin back east with the likes of Diboll and such, but I'm not seeing that.  I know both Lorena and Franklin are going to be extremely high in my preseason rankings without having to look at much.  Academy could be top 10.  People are expecting Cameron to turn to corner next season and compete at a high level.  

16 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

I would say it's highly likely.  Losing Caldwell and adding Franklin just makes sense.  They could ship Franklin back east with the likes of Diboll and such, but I'm not seeing that.  I know both Lorena and Franklin are going to be extremely high in my preseason rankings without having to look at much.  Academy could be top 10.  People are expecting Cameron to turn to corner next season and compete at a high level.  

I'm not afraid to call what I see. Yoemen had effort. They never quit. But I never saw that fire. I don't know how else to put it. That's what Rhoades and staff have got to bring back. And quick. Because if the UIL does align that district, Yoe is going to find itself in uncharted territory - A district where two other teams are seen as the cream of the crop, where the match-up of those two teams is seen as the premier game of the season. Can't say much about Lorena. It is my understanding they're returning a number of players. But Franklin? That is a program over there. A system from pee-wee league up. And the fact that they hung a loss on the D1 champ and hung more points on a pedigreed Gunter team than they had given up in nine years while breaking the 3A title game record for rushing yards without needing to complete a single pass... That team is a machine, and from what I hear from my "inside sources" they're going to do nothing but reload for at least the next two or three years.

Our Yoemen have their work most definitely cut out for them. 

39 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm not afraid to call what I see. Yoemen had effort. They never quit. But I never saw that fire. I don't know how else to put it. That's what Rhoades and staff have got to bring back. And quick. Because if the UIL does align that district, Yoe is going to find itself in uncharted territory - A district where two other teams are seen as the cream of the crop, where the match-up of those two teams is seen as the premier game of the season. Can't say much about Lorena. It is my understanding they're returning a number of players. But Franklin? That is a program over there. A system from pee-wee league up. And the fact that they hung a loss on the D1 champ and hung more points on a pedigreed Gunter team than they had given up in nine years while breaking the 3A title game record for rushing yards without needing to complete a single pass... That team is a machine, and from what I hear from my "inside sources" they're going to do nothing but reload for at least the next two or three years.

Our Yoemen have their work most definitely cut out for them. 

Franklin will reload for the next 10+ years lol... You would be shocked by the amount of athletes in youth sports as well... The 5th and 6th grade team went to the youth super bowl.