Sulphur Springs Update

tomlandry

22 hours ago, coachc45 said:

He left Crosby for a rebuild..... Crosby had unbelievable talent.  Money talks.

If I remember the talk around that correctly he wa being forced out on some shady power trip business. I doubt there is any connection to him and this job. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

If I remember the talk around that correctly he wa being forced out on some shady power trip business. I doubt there is any connection to him and this job. 

He wasn't forced out.  It was a financial problem with the district.

• Like 4

On 1/20/2022 at 2:00 PM, supermaroon said:

If I remember correctly in the article they wanted him to cut some of his coaches as part of budget cuts because of the mess the admin created and he told them no and decided to resign. But that was a few years ago I could be wrong though.

You are correct, but he wasn't forced out.  He left because the district was in a financial bind and cut several coaches and teachers at Christmas, including his DC and Head Girls' basketball coach (mid-season), and his wife.  He chose to leave a problem and get to a better place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

better situation would make it a better job i guess.....what makes it a more attractive situation?  I honestly don't know that much about PNG i guess is why i am asking

PNG has been wavering lately on him.  It seems winning a couple playoff games each year is not enough.  Clamouring for new blood.  They don't realize that he is maximizing the talent that is there.  He's done a great job there.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

better situation would make it a better job i guess.....what makes it a more attractive situation?  I honestly don't know that much about PNG i guess is why i am asking

I've heard that there is some political drama with either supers kids or some school board member's kids who are on the football team and aren't as good as mom and dad think they are. 

• Like 1