Jump to content

Who Do You Think Wins It All In 2022?


micotrav
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here's mine, but not real sure if they will stay in these Classifications...

Class 6A D1-Southlake Carroll

Class 6A D2-Denton Guyer

Class 5A D1- Katy Paetow

Class 5A D2-Alamo Heights

Class 4A D1- Austin LBJ

Class 4A D2- China Spring

Class 3A D1-Vanderbilt

Class 3A D2-Gunter

Class 2A D1-Cisco

Class 2A D2-Burton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, micotrav said:

Here's mine, but not real sure if they will stay in these Classifications...

Class 6A D1-Southlake Carroll

Class 6A D2-Denton Guyer

Class 5A D1- Katy Paetow

Class 5A D2-Alamo Heights

Class 4A D1- Austin LBJ

Class 4A D2- China Spring

Class 3A D1-Vanderbilt

Class 3A D2-Gunter

Class 2A D1-Cisco

Class 2A D2-Burton

Paetow, LBJ, and China Spring are moving up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shall wait until the district comes out as that will help shape things quite a bit.

Hard to not go with North Shore in 6A D1. Westlake will lose a great class, and a great coach. Will be interesting to see how they turn out, but still see them as one of the top teams in the state. Will they go D1 or D2 though? Will see in February.

D2 is hard to predict in 6A just not knowing who will be there yet.

I feel good about Longview going into next season, as long as we find a QB in the spring and don't keep waiting this thing out until near playoff time. College Station will take a step back, Ryan and Aledo should be R1 for 5A D1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I certainly hope so! But going to need to see big improvement from the offense players returning and lots of new starters will have to step up on defense.  

The Dawgs started 9 new defensive starters in 2020. 
The Sophomore and freshmen moving up is loaded with play makers. 
The offense returns 10 that played in every game. 54 and 62 will be outstanding on the D line and I expect big play out of 85 freshman that played in every game this year at tight end. Cuff at QB should be much improved and bigger and stronger. 
May see some freshmen on varsity because that is the next outstanding group. 
Dawgs will make another strong run and should be favored to win the title. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, micotrav said:

Here's mine, but not real sure if they will stay in these Classifications...

Class 6A D1-Southlake Carroll

Class 6A D2-Denton Guyer

Class 5A D1- Katy Paetow

Class 5A D2-Alamo Heights

Class 4A D1- Austin LBJ

Class 4A D2- China Spring

Class 3A D1-Vanderbilt

Class 3A D2-Gunter

Class 2A D1-Cisco

Class 2A D2-Burton

Vanderbilt will have to get by either Lorena or Franklin in the State Semi Finals... Both bring back some great talent for 3AD1. Im not sure who wins d2 most are losing a lot of kids

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

Vanderbilt will have to get by either Lorena or Franklin in the State Semi Finals... Both bring back some great talent for 3AD1. Im not sure who wins d2 most are losing a lot of kids

Ya Vanderbilt? what is this guy smoking? 

 

Franklin will have a tough time beating teams in 3A D1 in the playoffs because they do not have a passing game.

 

Everyone needs to remember Rhoades will be in his second season with Cameron so watch out for Cameron in 3A D1.

 

A lot of good teams dropping to 3A D1.

I like either Lorena or MV in 3A D1

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

Ya Vanderbilt? what is this guy smoking? 

 

Franklin will have a tough time beating teams in 3A D1 in the playoffs because they do not have a passing game.

 

Everyone needs to remember Rhoades will be in his second season with Cameron so watch out for Cameron in 3A D1.

 

A lot of good teams dropping to 3A D1.

I like either Lorena or MV in 3A D1

 

 

 

 

Franklin could have passed more. They can spread it out and go 4 wide if needed. As soon as we went 4 wide Gunter coach called TO. Also beat Cameron Troy and Lorena this pass season. We will be fine in D1 Franklin will still have the athletes to pass if needed. Also the style of offense gunter runs makes it hard to stop the pass. Coach Fannin will adapt to make Franklin a player in D1. Lost to some great teams in D1 when we played up a level like state champion Grandview by 3 in the 3rd round. Side note Franklin Passed for 1300+ yards this season and even scored more passing TD's against Lorena then Brock did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb

No way Vanderbilt will get out of region. To soon to tell, imo. By the ol' eyeball test from what I've seen and remember. 

Region 1 favorites as of right now

Whitesboro, Brock, Iowa Park, don't remember if Shallowater was senior heavy or not but I'd include them if they are not

Region 2

MV, West, Koff, GV, Winny, Minny, Maybe Mexia, not because they are dropping down but they usually have some talent and the right coach can get them going if they get it right this time. 

Region 3

LRA, Franklin, Lorena, maybe Diboll, Yoe

Don't remember if Columbus and Yoakum is senior heavy or not, I want to say Diboll had some seniors that were key positions, I could wrong. 

Region 4 

Is the usual 3/4

That's if UIL leaves everyone in place. This is my opinion. Not saying one is better than the other. Regions 2 and 3 will once again be the tougher regions overall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Not us. 

You guys lost the whole house. Anybody to watch for from sub varsity levels or coming back? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

You guys lost the whole house. Anybody to watch for from sub varsity levels or coming back? 

Return the D1 NG/OL.

A running back. 

QB to be could be pretty decent. Got a live arm and did a good job leading a not so bad JV. Depth on the lines will be a issue again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Return the D1 NG/OL.

A running back. 

QB to be could be pretty decent. Got a live arm and did a good job leading a not so bad JV. Depth on the lines will be a issue again. 

Not bad. Got something to work with. Hopefully they get some of the staff issues fixed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin could have passed more. They can spread it out and go 4 wide if needed. As soon as we went 4 wide Gunter coach called TO. Also beat Cameron Troy and Lorena this pass season. We will be fine in D1 Franklin will still have the athletes to pass if needed. Also the style of offense gunter runs makes it hard to stop the pass. Coach Fannin will adapt to make Franklin a player in D1. Lost to some great teams in D1 when we played up a level like state champion Grandview by 3 in the 3rd round. Side note Franklin Passed for 1300+ yards this season and even scored more passing TD's against Lorena then Brock did

we talk about this every year till i see franklin do it in 3A D1 playoffs i wont believe it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Allheartnoquit said:

we talk about this every year till i see franklin do it in 3A D1 playoffs i wont believe it 

We got the coach who will open it up now and the athletes... Brock has made it to state in the past being a run team as well as Jim Ned and Hville. We will be okay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Allheartnoquit said:

we talk about this every year till i see franklin do it in 3A D1 playoffs i wont believe it 

I agree, their successful playoff runs are when they are D2. They will be good no doubt but will face stronger competition than they faced this year. Not positive but I don’t think they have made it past the third round in D1. This is where the teams catch up with their offense and force them to throw.Congrats to Franklin and Coach Fannin ( their offense is more versatile now ) on a great two year run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6A D1 comes down to North Shore and Allen IMO.

Too early to tell for D2. Westlake is probably D1 bound but on top of that....They're graduating a ton and losing a terrific HC. I think they take a step back regardless. Everything seems to be pointing to Guyer but, I bet the champion comes out of Katy ISD. This school may be D1 bound but I know 2022 was supposed to be 'the year' for Rockwall because their '23 class has some studs but...no Rodney Webb.

5A D1 comes down to Ryan or Longview.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, player73 said:

I agree, their successful playoff runs are when they are D2. They will be good no doubt but will face stronger competition than they faced this year. Not positive but I don’t think they have made it past the third round in D1. This is where the teams catch up with their offense and force them to throw.Congrats to Franklin and Coach Fannin ( their offense is more versatile now ) on a great two year run. 

We have made it to the 4th round in D1... But making it to the 3rd and 4th round counts as successful you would think. Of course state is the biggest goal but we do pretty good in D1. Imo it will come down to Lorena and Franklin on the right side for state next year. Lorena brings back more then us I believe. Franklin threw for two tds against Lorena a td against Yoe and two tds against Troy all 3AD1 schools

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilmer will reload. Fluellen and Haynes are back. The younger Tennison will be a sophomore and take over at QB. I expect big things from Will Henderson. I also believe they have some defensive starters back. Combine this with the JV that won district as well. I think Gilmer will have a shot to make it 3 consecutive state finals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...