16-3A Hoops

Eagleborn

• 2 weeks later...

Tatum beats horrible teams by 100, survives on athleticism and a good shooting performance in a couple close ones, never develops a half court game, loses in the playoffs to a team that can break a press and slow it down. 

Rinse, wash, Repeat. 

I might have just finished the Tatum portion of this thread for years to come. We shall see. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mrclean69 said:

Tatum beats horrible teams by 100, survives on athleticism and a good shooting performance in a couple close ones, never develops a half court game, loses in the playoffs to a team that can break a press and slow it down. 

Rinse, wash, Repeat. 

I might have just finished the Tatum portion of this thread for years to come. We shall see. 

lol finished the Tatum portion of this thread. But yea let’s look at what you said and see if it’s accurate or not. You could be right. Last ever how many years I go and how the team that knocked them out of the playoffs played. 

SA Cole - didn’t slow it down. 
Troup - slowed it down.  
Madison - lol
Canton - TBH I don’t remember. Just knownTatum barely broke .500 that season. 

Under Boxell running half court stuff. 
PG - Tatum went 15-20 that year. 
Hudson - don’t remember this game. 
Houston Sterling - lol. 

Ponder - they slowed it down. 
White Oak - ran and slowed it down. Just simply better. Also matched us athletically.  
Edgewood - don’t remember but I’d assume they slowed it down. 
Idalou - lost by 1 point. Would of won had best shooter not went on senior trip ten minutes after knocking off 36-1 Melissa the day before. 
Crocket - didn’t slow it down. 
La Vega - didn’t slow it down. 

Went back to 2009. After that results started becoming scarce. Some of what you say is right. From what I’ve seen this season Tatum isn’t all run and gun. Same as in the past. They are the product of a district that’s less than average. Been balancing that out last few seasons with tournaments they entered. Dance with the one that brung ya.