Gilmer boys taking over San Antonio

eagle34

• 11 months later...

Following up on this one. Traylor has UTSA ranked 25th in the Nation. 9-2 and playing in the Conference USA championship game in 2 weeks. Undefeated in Conference and only losses to Texas and Houston.             GJ Kinne has had unbelievable 1st season as a Head Coach. 9-1 ranked #7 in the Nation in FCS. UIW has never been ranked that high in the history of their program. Probable Southland Conference championship. Outstanding Season for both former Buckeye graduates!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Kinne is a Canton boy though, right?

I know he transferred in and went one and done vs Liberty Eylau that one year but he was at Canton for 3. 

Graduated from Gilmer High School. Originally from Mesquite, he played for his Dad in Canton before the accident. Transferred to Gilmer and played his Senior year there. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Kinne is a Canton boy though, right?

I know he transferred in and went one and done vs Liberty Eylau that one year but he was at Canton for 3. 

That was the best high school I’ve ever seen in person. That talent on those two teams was unbelievable. 

10 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yes LE vs Gilmer. Just off the top of my head there was 5 guys that played in the NFL and the LE Qb played MLB. 

I remember Middlebrooks. He actually committed to A&M to play baseball. But then got drafted. Childress had a big problem with getting guys to commit only for them to go pro. Even Clayton Kershaw committed to A&M. 

• Like 1