💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Umlang tweeted that in the last 80 years in the three major sports (football, baseball, basketball) UT has been ranked in the top 4 to finish the season or in the CWS semifinals 46 times, while Texas A&M has earned that same distinction 1 time in the last 80 years.

There is zero comparison. 

I don't think anyone would argue this, not even Aggies. Not really sure what that has to do with any of this conversation though. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Tradition….. that’s why.  Don’t talk about tradition when you walked away from the biggest you had

Really bored I see. Pretty good troll work for a random thursday lunch break. 

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Nah, I’m out on vacation.  Waiting on kids to get off a roller coaster.  Thought I’d catch you Aggies lying about tradition.

The only person lying here is you my sad friend.  I say sad because you are so butt hurt about aggies that you're interrupting your vacation to troll the board. But switching conferences did not break the traditional football game. We've had this talk a million times so there's no need in hashing it out further. You can continue your sad obsession with this topic all you like. I'd suggest focusing your attention on family. Or if you must have a distraction, focus on how you guys are going to dethrone the mighty iowa st cyclones for second best team in the conference. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

The only person lying here is you my sad friend.  I say sad because you are so butt hurt about aggies that you're interrupting your vacation to troll the board. But switching conferences did not break the traditional football game. We've had this talk a million times so there's no need in hashing it out further. You can continue your sad obsession with this topic all you like. I'd suggest focusing your attention on family. Or if you must have a distraction, focus on how you guys are going to dethrone the mighty iowa st cyclones for second best team in the conference. 

Lol, like I said.  Waiting on kids to ride. I can’t check in on sdc for 20 minutes?  

We know why it isn’t played.  It has been offered twice in the last 4 years. Was told no by the Aggies both times. Argue if you want, it would be a lie on your part.  

on to next ride tradition boy!!!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 2:42 PM, LOL said:

Had a pretty good run. 

At least we still have the service academies. 

Welcome to the U OWE ME SOCIETY 

Paying for the FREE education and other perks just wasn’t enough.   I get the $ made is billions and I blame the NCAA for letting it get out of control.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Fify

How many times do we have to do this before you get it? I'm going to show you this once and then from here on out I'm going to just assume you're too slow to understand if you bring it up again and I'll just accept what we all already know is true anyways. But just for the sake of once last attempt to educate you... 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/28/15888324/texas-big-12-teams-not-schedule-texas-a-m

Which let's look at the facts. A&M still to this day hasn't played a football game other than a bowl game against any of the old foes and it was a couple of years at least before anybody the small revenue sports got scheduled to play. That backs this narrative that Texas and the others refused for play. 

Now yes I understand that the Texas and AD have made statements about the game and wanting to renew it. And at this point it is A&M shutting it down most likely. But what you need to understand is that the game was initially refused by Texas. A&M found a new conference and made sure the sec would allow them to keep the game even on thanksgiving weekend before leaving. Texas refused. So tell me, who really broke this tradition? And I know you're going to have some snappy retort to come back with but there's nothing left to say on this. You've been wrong on this the entire time and your smug arrogance to keep trolling about it every possible chance is getting tired. 

Bonus tip. This game was played 21 times before the southwest conference was formed. 21 times from 1894 to 1915 these two played without being part of the same conference. So you can't even say that being in the same conference is "tradition" because they got along before without it and could have this go round as well. 

23 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don't think anyone would argue this, not even Aggies. Not really sure what that has to do with any of this conversation though. 

Aggies do argue this on Twitter.  That’s why Kyle U. keeps his #AggiefactThursday on Twitter 🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

How many times do we have to do this before you get it? I'm going to show you this once and then from here on out I'm going to just assume you're too slow to understand if you bring it up again and I'll just accept what we all already know is true anyways. But just for the sake of once last attempt to educate you... 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/6/28/15888324/texas-big-12-teams-not-schedule-texas-a-m

Which let's look at the facts. A&M still to this day hasn't played a football game other than a bowl game against any of the old foes and it was a couple of years at least before anybody the small revenue sports got scheduled to play. That backs this narrative that Texas and the others refused for play. 

Now yes I understand that the Texas and AD have made statements about the game and wanting to renew it. And at this point it is A&M shutting it down most likely. But what you need to understand is that the game was initially refused by Texas. A&M found a new conference and made sure the sec would allow them to keep the game even on thanksgiving weekend before leaving. Texas refused. So tell me, who really broke this tradition? And I know you're going to have some snappy retort to come back with but there's nothing left to say on this. You've been wrong on this the entire time and your smug arrogance to keep trolling about it every possible chance is getting tired. 

Bonus tip. This game was played 21 times before the southwest conference was formed. 21 times from 1894 to 1915 these two played without being part of the same conference. So you can't even say that being in the same conference is "tradition" because they got along before without it and could have this go round as well. 

Saw em off big boy!!!!  Whoop

NCAA opened the floodgates and allowed NIL starting at midnight last night. Twitter was flooded with logo's (Looking at you Spencer Rattler), and guys promoting their Cameo account. Couple of cool things I saw, one kid who gets to play concerts now. Overshown with his hat business (Much rather check out his hats than an OnlyFans). SFA announced a partnership with branding company NOCAP, to help athletes build their brands.

Regardless, I hope during orientation schools are teaching these kids how to prepare taxes now. Uncle Sam is about to get his cut...How long before these athletes complain they should be tax exempt?

• LOL! 1

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..