💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

I saw Reggie Bush is wanting his Heisman back and his stats restored.  https://www.aol.com/reggie-bush-wants-heisman-trophy-175108133.html .   I can see a lot of the former athletes feeling betrayed, because they could have made a lot of money in college.  D'Eriq King is already making his money quick fast :  https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article252402548.html .  I heard Keyshawn Johnson made a list of who he thought could have made the most money back in the day and listed himself first.  He also in no particular order had Raghib Ismael, Tim Tebow (who I think could have made the most), Bo Jackson, Ricky Williams, Brian Bosworth, and Adrian Peterson.  I think many could have made a lot back in the day such as Red Grange, Doug Flutie, Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Archie Griffin (he won the Heisman twice), Billy Cannon Sr., Joe Namath, Herschel Walker, Peyton Manning, Tommie Frazier, Tom Harmon, Michael Vick, Tony Dorsett, Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, George Gipp, Johnny Rogers, Vince Young, Eric Dickerson, and even Craig James just to name a few.

Since we are doing this, what I am really wanting to see is these guys stay in school longer. Some of these juniors that are good players that leave and go in the 4th round will give it a second look if they can come back and still possibly make a good chunk of change. How many guys have we seen choose to leave that would have been all conference players as seniors but went pro too early? 

I think you will see this happen enough, especially on title contenders that it might have a significant impact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Since we are doing this, what I am really wanting to see is these guys stay in school longer. Some of these juniors that are good players that leave and go in the 4th round will give it a second look if they can come back and still possibly make a good chunk of change. How many guys have we seen choose to leave that would have been all conference players as seniors but went pro too early? 

I think you will see this happen enough, especially on title contenders that it might have a significant impact. 

Im betting you’ll be disappointed.  

what I’m wanting to see is W-2’s passed out for the cost of tuition, books, meal plans, athletic gear and gym time

I asked LaDainian Tomlinson's brother Herman what his brother thought about it today.  He said that all he said was it's about time it happened, and added that he was paid big bucks at TCU.  That sort of amazed me, because they were put on probation during the Jim Wacker years with Kenneth Davis as the star running back.  Anyone that thinks that college stars weren't still being paid is crazy, but now it's all legal.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

You got this. You got something called Milo’s tea signing Bo Nix and Bama fans are pouring it out in protest. 

I remember Milo's in Alabama, and it could pose a problem for Auburn and Alabama along with Jack's not to be confused with Jack in the Box.  

Why did I ever move to that state ?  They had terrible food there :  

• Like 1

I stopped at Dreamland Bbq in Tuscaloosa a few weeks back. It’s been open 60 years there.  It wouldn’t make 60 days in East Texas.  They only served Pork Ribs, store bought sausage and bbq chicken.  I had to stand on one end of the rib and hold it down just to take a bite.  It was terrible, tough, vinegary/Tabasco as heck, and was quite possibly the worst bbq I’ve ever had.  

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I stopped at Dreamland Bbq in Tuscaloosa a few weeks back. It’s been open 60 years there.  It wouldn’t make 60 days in East Texas.  They only served Pork Ribs, store bought sausage and bbq chicken.  I had to stand on one end of the rib and hold it down just to take a bite.  It was terrible, tough, vinegary/Tabasco as heck, and was quite possibly the worst bbq I’ve ever had.  

I personally don’t eat BBQ north or East of the Red River.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I have eaten there twice and was not impressed at all .... below average bbq ....

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

That's the way most barbeque in Alabama is.  I tried them all Saw's, Jim and Nick's, Full Moon, Dreamland, Johnny Ray's, and anywhere else I could to find decent brisket.  There wasn't a place that could match Texas.  As you noted the sauce was even worse than anything you could buy in the store.  I had never even heard of pulled pork before, and that was better than their brisket.  Now I'm seeing pulled pork in Texas.  I've also started seeing boiled peanuts.  I didn't even know there was such a thing until I moved to Alabama.  I suppose it's for all the toothless there.  I wasn't about to try them.  

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I personally don’t eat BBQ north or East of the Red River.

There are two places in Tulsa, OK that are great.  I didn't ask if they were from Texas, but I should have.  One was on E. Edison.  The other was on S. Harvard in a converted gas station/repair garage.  Memphis has great ribs.  

40 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Their idea of bbq was not good

The only thing they had the first time i was there was ribs and link sausage, no chicken .... the ribs were not tender at all and they had some funky beans that i swear were Ranch Style Beans right out of the can ....

On 7/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, txk85 said:

Arkansas WR Trey Knox signed a deal with petsmart.  when all of this started i never expected to see someone with an endorsement deal from petsmart, but hey get it where you can.

Pet smart logo on his jersey?

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

So he’s getting paid to have the Nike artist draw him. That’s a sweet gig.

The NCAA really dropped the ball (shocker) in putting some basic guidelines out to follow. It’s just like the Wild West right now. 

• Thanks 1

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..