đź’° The Official NIL thread đź’°

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/nil-need-to-know-answers-to-the-basic-questions-you-have-about-new-rules-for-college-athletes/nc9f6trq3oh1dwd1m5vmnvw4

Do the athletes have to report NIL deals to compliance departments? 

For that answer, we’ll bring in Adam Arnaout. He’s an attorney in Florida specializing in NIL and Intellectual Property and the founder of Arnaout Athletics & Entertainment.

“Yes. Athletes are required to disclose all NIL deals to their athletic compliance department to ensure that the deal is in compliance with state NIL Law (or, in the absence of a state NIL law, the school’s own developed NIL policy). Many schools are utilizing apps like Opendorse and INFLCR, which act as streamlined portals for athletes to upload the NIL contracts so they can be reviewed and approved by the compliance department.”

What’s funny is people actually believe this…. You’ve got the pathetic few who truly are pathetic. Believing some made up rumor because they can’t accept reality. The reality is that A&M has an ace recruiter and staff(proven everywhere they have been to recruit at a high level) top 3 facilities in the country, a fan base that is passionate and dedicated(not the country club base that shows up late and leaves early like another school I won’t mention) and they beat Bama in what was one of the best college atmospheres in a long time. Recruits where there and were blown away. Not by money or fancy jerseys. Jimbo is a genuine guy these kids want to play for and can recruit well on top of it. Hes A&Ms Mack Brown without the titles yet. Give him time if he keeps this up, but lol at any fool who thinks these classes are just getting 30mil dollars worth of untraced money. That mod should be fired for running with that without a shred of evidence to back it up. Butthurt and pathetic. 

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s going to have to be visible as well, not under the table.  Written contracts and not just bags of money

Don’t throw stones when you live in glass house. Texas gave Banks 5mil under the table. 

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

OU 247 guy went from staff to mod after posting his dirty A&M posts and double downed on them.

Of course he did. A&M is the biggest threat to OU and Texas in the region. None of the three have all been good at the same time. Texas and OU mods and some fans are in full blown panic mode right now. 

Did Texas A&M’s blatant cheating this cycle eclipse Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze? — Stephen R.

What was the driving force behind Texas A&Ms historic class? I know Jimbo Fisher built a strong recruiting organization but this haul sort of came out of nowhere. Is this a one off or should we get used to Texas A&M in the top five? — Jeff H.

When Harold Perkins of Cypress (Texas) Cy Park announced his commitment to A&M over the weekend, it gave the Aggies six five-stars and 16 top-100 prospects in the Class of 2022. And they could tie the record for the most five-star prospects in a single class if they land defensive lineman Shemar Stewart of Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. The Aggies are about to sign the best class in modern recruiting history. That, of course, is the biggest story of this cycle.

Guess what? Everyone who is jealous of Texas A&M’s success has accused Fisher and his staff of cheating.

My hope was that baseless cheating accusations would die with the introduction of name, image and likeness. I, unfortunately, was wrong.

Nobody is saying cheating doesn’t happen in college football recruiting. Of course it does. But what proof do Stephen and the thousands of other people who make similar statements have? Or are these just angry comments because you’re blown away by what the Aggies are doing? In the NIL era, it is perfectly legal for boosters to set up whatever financial circumstances they want for the players on the team. Even if NIL money is the reason everyone is going to Texas A&M, is that against the rules? Are you mad players are making more money? Does it annoy you that your school isn’t paying as much?

Great recruiters always go above and beyond — hopefully within the rules — to squeeze the very most value they can out of every situation. If Texas A&M figured out a financial system that can benefit its athletes better than those at other schools, then why is that a bad thing? To me, in a world where it is legal, I’d just put that under the umbrella of top-notch recruiting.

I can bet one thing: If A&M’s class was built based solely off of NIL money, competing programs and coaches are aware of it and they’ll adapt in the next cycle to ensure A&M doesn’t run away with the top class once again. When someone is good at something, what happens? Others take note and try it, too.

Do I believe that NIL money has something to do with what has made Texas A&M a more attractive landing spot in this cycle? Sure I do. Texas A&M has always been a solid recruiting outfit, but Fisher and his staff are recruiting at a level that is making Alabama’s head turn. That’s a hard thing to do. But guess what? I also don’t think it’s bad. If rich people who support Texas A&M want to toss cash at athletes who haven’t performed yet, let them do it. It’s about time these players earned as much money as humanly possible. The hard part is that NIL deals aren’t public record so getting into specifics of who is getting what isn’t possible.

So when you ask what is the driving force behind Texas A&M’s class, it’s a lot of things. One, the Aggies have done a tremendous job in the Houston area. Fisher, who won a national championship at Florida State, has proven to be a very good recruiter. And in recruiting — a world where these prospects are friends and communicate daily — momentum is real. Texas A&M has all the momentum in the world. These guys want to play with each other, and this class is truly something special.

It’ll take a few more classes like this for Texas A&M to reach Alabama’s level in total talent, but it’s a nice start.

If you’re getting angry by what A&M is doing — which is certainly within the new rules of this sport — I’d challenge you to ask yourself why? I bet the answer is because your favorite school isn’t doing the same.

The good news for the angry people? Other programs will adapt, and the playing field will be evened out a bit. For now, I think Texas A&M deserves a pat on the back for doing whatever it can to bring this much talent into the program. If you’re bothered by it, that’s your problem.

Texas is doing the same thing. NIL has made it a arms race in recruiting. In the long run I don't think any of this will be good for college football. It would not surprise me if in the long run that the teams on the Have's list shrinks and the Have not's gets bigger. You are going to end up with maybe 15 to 20 teams with realistic shots at winning anything in Major College football before to long.

2 hours ago, 514 said:

Texas is doing the same thing. NIL has made it a arms race in recruiting. In the long run I don't think any of this will be good for college football. It would not surprise me if in the long run that the teams on the Have's list shrinks and the Have not's gets bigger. You are going to end up with maybe 15 to 20 teams with realistic shots at winning anything in Major College football before to long.

Yep. And it's going to be all SEC. With OU and Texas joining, I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of other big programs joined and you have one superconference of about 24-30 teams..... And then everyone else. 

The NIL 100 Top 25

1. Bronny James: High school basketball — $6.1 million
  2. Mikey Williams: High school basketball — $2.6 million
  3. Bryce Young: Alabama football — $1.8 million
  4. Arch Manning: High school football — $1.6 million
  5. CJ Stroud: Ohio State football — $1.1 million
  6. Travis Hunter: High school football — $870,000
  7. Evan Stewart: High school football — $801,000
  8. Will Anderson: Alabama football — $718,000
  9. Spencer Rattler: South Carolina football —$693,000
  10. Amari Bailey: High school basketball — $588,000
  11. Aidan Hutchinson: Michigan football — $557,000
  12. Dior Johnson: High school basketball — $522,000
  13. Emoni Bates: Memphis basketball — $506,000
  14. JD Davison: Alabama basketball — $445,000
  15. Caleb Williams: Oklahoma/NCAA Transfer Portal football — $434,000
  16. Braden Galloway: Clemson football — $433,000
  17. Chris Olave: Ohio State football — $423,000
  18. Dorian Thompson-Robinson: UCLA basketball — $406,000
  19. Kenny Pickett: Pitt football — $401,000
  20. Matt Corral: Ole Miss football — $364,000
  21. Jameson Williams: Alabama football — $364,000
  22. Jaxon Smith-Njigba: Ohio State sophomore — $357,000
  23. Jared McCain: High school basketball — $323,000
  24. Kayvon Thibodeaux: Oregon football — $319,000
  25. Skyy Clark: High school basketball — $313,000

https://www.on3.com/news/on3-nil-100-ranking-top-25-most-valuable-high-school-college-athletes-bronny-james-arch-manning-bryce-young-travis-hunter/

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Evan Stewart?  Hmmm…

Exactly… every fan base has assured me that A&M payed 30mil for this signing class. Everyone knows this should be 25 Aggies then everyone else. There’s no way Jimbo could recruit a top 5 class by himself. 

21 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Evan Stewart?  Hmmm…

But just for the record, this is what substantial evidence looks like. Not some random poster just posting nonsense on twitter the day after losing a commit. 

43 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

They left out Quinnn Ewers .... he is near the top of the list  .....

Yea Even his old deal was worth more than lots of these. The talk of the town is his NIL deal with Texas is substantially larger. Rumors are flying around its first round rookie nfl contract type money. Idk if I believe that but with what players are making it wouldn’t shock me. 

30 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Exactly… every fan base has assured me that A&M payed 30mil for this signing class. Everyone knows this should be 25 Aggies then everyone else. There’s no way Jimbo could recruit a top 5 class by himself. 

I only asked about Evan Stewart if you care to remember.  If not, I guess you can group me in with the rest of college football fans like you already did.  

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

But just for the record, this is what substantial evidence looks like. Not some random poster just posting nonsense on twitter the day after losing a commit. 

That Twitter nonsense seems less like nonsense now though.  Sometimes you have to sit back and wait before you defend something.  

15 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

That Twitter nonsense seems less like nonsense now though.  Sometimes you have to sit back and wait before you defend something.  

You don’t understand. I was not defending Stewart getting paid… EVERYONE is getting paid. Especially elite guys. 

What I was defending against was your approach. The approach of hearing a rumor and passively aggressively asking for Aggies to disprove it instead of YOU waiting until real evidence either way comes out before you start your crying about aggy cheating. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You don’t understand. I was not defending Stewart getting paid… EVERYONE is getting paid. Especially elite guys. 

What I was defending against was your approach. The approach of hearing a rumor and passively aggressively asking for Aggies to disprove it instead of YOU waiting until real evidence either way comes out before you start your crying about aggy cheating. 

I asked if anyone could verify it?  What’s wrong with that?  It’s done here often

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..