💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

This doesn't surprise anyone. Everyone outside of Aggieland knows how they got this signing class. This team hasn't been able to win anything significant in the 10 years they have been in the SEC and you have to go back  24 years for the last conference championship. If you can't beat em, money whip em. Go Aggies!!!!!

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Alabama coach Nick Saban said Tuesday that sophomore quarterback Bryce Young, the team’s presumptive starter in 2021, has already earned close to $1 million in endorsement deals.

“Certain positions, probably, enhance opportunities to create value, like quarterback, and our quarterback (Young) already has approached ungodly numbers -- I’m not going to say what they are -- and he hasn’t even played yet. Hasn’t even started,” Saban said at the Texas High School Coaches Association’s annual convention on Tuesday, according to The Athletic. “... It’s almost seven figures. And it’s like, the guy hasn’t even played yet. But that’s because of our brand.”

They didn't have to give him that to get him to Alabama though.

Let's say A&M did "buy" this recruiting class.  Why are Saban and others mad about it?  Bama, along with about probably 25 other schools, could have done the exact same thing.  Alabama may have not had the best recruiting class, but they went out and snagged the majority of the guys in the transfer portal that are even worth mentioning.  Someone is always going to be mad about something.....regardless of where they are from or what they've accomplished.  

24 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They didn't have to give him that to get him to Alabama though.

I'm just glad they took a shot on this hard-luck kid who's never accomplished anything. It's a remarkable Cinderella story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

9-1 Covid year team. Orange Bowl champion. 16 Texas kids out of a 30 man class. The Bama upset. A coach with a history of top 10, top 5 recruiting classes. NIL played a part. There’s no doubt. I don’t think it was the deciding factor as much as other people think. If you had a blank check, Kenyon Green would still be on this team. Kelvin Banks would be in this class.

I think Saban is upset like he was about the hurry up offense. The transfer portal. He doesn’t like it until he’s able to understand it, then dominate it. Don’t let the NCAA’s culpability in the NIL/transfer portal mess get lost in the message. They allowed teams the opportunity to do whatever to get kids. NFTs. Team bonuses. Pancake factories. The Fund. Everyone was doing it. Some were just better at it the first go round. A 8-4 team had the #1 class. A 5-7 team had the #5 class.

Saban is mad because a lot of Bammer fans are gas station lifers.  Seriously, go to Alabama and meet their most die hard fans...  It wouldn't surprise me if they have donors that donate their government checks to the University of Alabama instead of feeding their children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

9-1 Covid year team. Orange Bowl champion. 16 Texas kids out of a 30 man class. The Bama upset. A coach with a history of top 10, top 5 recruiting classes. NIL played a part. There’s no doubt. I don’t think it was the deciding factor as much as other people think. If you had a blank check, Kenyon Green would still be on this team. Kelvin Banks would be in this class.

I think Saban is upset like he was about the hurry up offense. The transfer portal. He doesn’t like it until he’s able to understand it, then dominate it. Don’t let the NCAA’s culpability in the NIL/transfer portal mess get lost in the message. They allowed teams the opportunity to do whatever to get kids. NFTs. Team bonuses. Pancake factories. The Fund. Everyone was doing it. Some were just better at it the first go round. A 8-4 team had the #1 class. A 5-7 team had the #5 class.

It's also a much greater deciding factor than Aggies like to think.

Look, this argument has gone in circles for a couple months now. A&M did pay for their recruiting class. Now, before any Aggie here comes back at me with, 'then prove it', it already has been. You see, for some reason most of you Aggies have approached this situation with this idea that the only way to prove anything, is for the person accused to admit it. That's simply not accurate. In a court case, it's the prosecutions job to provide ample evidence for the jury to reach a guilty verdict. The jury in this case (which would be the entire country, outside of Aggieland), has seen all the evidence they need to see, and has made their verdict. And what evidence am I referring to? Simple....

'18 - 0 5* recruits

'19 - 2 5* recruits

'20 - 2 5* recruits 

'21 - 1 5* recruit

NIL is introduced:

'22 - 8 5* recruits

Unlike the far left in this country, majority of us are capable of seeing what's in front of us, and not being naive enough to believe it's just coincidence. 

Then you use players like Kenyon Green to make your argument. I mean really? That's as bad a defense as Amber Heard's lawyers have come up with. Why? Because it's not the same thing. Kenyon Green was on his way to the NFL. That's every players ultimate goal. He was already there. He was a 1st rd draft pick. He wasn't coming back. Well Kelvin Banks wasn't there yet, and he still didn't choose A&M. Good argument. Except, NO ONE has claimed that the NIL has affected EVERY SINGLE player. Well Texas only won 5 games and still finished with the #5 class. Great, another decent argument. Expect, the argument here isn't about A&M finishing with the #1 class; it's about the fact they finished with the #1 class....OF ALL TIME!!!

But here's the part where I've gone in circles defending A&M. It doesn't matter. They still haven't done anything wrong! This is what most everyone wanted, for players to get paid. This is what most everyone has been screaming and begging for. Well guess what, it's here. The NCAA has finally allowed it. The only reason you see coaches like Saban and Kiffin arguing specifically about A&M's class, is because they lost out on some of these players, and have to face A&M every season. 

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

This doesn't surprise anyone. Everyone outside of Aggieland knows how they got this signing class. This team hasn't been able to win anything significant in the 10 years they have been in the SEC and you have to go back  24 years for the last conference championship. If you can't beat em, money whip em. Go Aggies!!!!!

Seriously, who cares?  It was legal if they did "buy the class."  Blame the NCAA not the institution, they created this crap.  

Before panties get bunched up 2 inches deep into someone's butt crack, I am not saying they bought this class.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Seriously, who cares?  It was legal if they did "buy the class."  Blame the NCAA not the institution, they created this crap.  

Before panties get bunched up 2 inches deep into someone's butt crack, I am not saying they bought this class.

I will. But I also don't care. I also don't care if anyone gets their panties in a bunch over it either. It was legal. Own it.

7 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I will. But I also don't care. I also don't care if anyone gets their panties in a bunch over it either. It was legal. Own it.

Agreed! 100% give them Credit for figuring this out before anyone else. They are playing within the Rules. Yes, OWN it and quit acting like stadium renovations or Jimbos just out recruits everyone else. 😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m just enjoying two of the sleaziest guys in the sport throwing dirt at each other.

(Jimbo wouldn’t respond that way if there wasn’t some truth to it.)

Urban Meyer says "Hold my beer... and whiskey... and bourbon.... while I cheat on my wife."

• LOL! 3

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Urban Meyer says "Hold my beer... and whiskey... and bourbon.... while I cheat on my wife."

He would be the the third guy to be named later in the triple threat match for the Sleazy World Heavyweight Championship.

22 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He would be the the third guy to be named later in the triple threat match for the Sleazy World Heavyweight Championship.

You have Jimbo as one of the top 3 sleazy coaches in the game? Based on what? Just curious. 

Circle the date on the calendar! October 8th!

"It's despicable that a reputable head coach can come out and say this when he doesn't get his way," Fisher said. "The narcissist in him doesn't allow those things to happen. It's ridiculous when he's not on top."

"Some people think they're God," Fisher said. "Go dig into how God did his deal. You may find out ... a lot of things you don't want to know. We build him up to be the czar of football. Go dig into his past, or anybody's that's ever coached with him. You can find out anything you want to find out, what he does and how he does it. It's despicable."

He said Saban had called him, but he hasn't answered.

"Not going to. We're done," said Fisher, comparing his time with Saban and his time as an assistant at Florida State under Bobby Bowden, before taking over as the Seminoles' head coach. "He's the greatest ever, huh? When you've got all the advantages, it's easy. ... You coach with people like Bobby Bowden and learn how to do things. You coach with other people and learn how not to do things. There's a reason people I ain't back and worked for [Saban]. Don't wanna be associated with him." 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Circle the date on the calendar! October 8th!

"It's despicable that a reputable head coach can come out and say this when he doesn't get his way," Fisher said. "The narcissist in him doesn't allow those things to happen. It's ridiculous when he's not on top."

"Some people think they're God," Fisher said. "Go dig into how God did his deal. You may find out ... a lot of things you don't want to know. We build him up to be the czar of football. Go dig into his past, or anybody's that's ever coached with him. You can find out anything you want to find out, what he does and how he does it. It's despicable."

He said Saban had called him, but he hasn't answered.

"Not going to. We're done," said Fisher, comparing his time with Saban and his time as an assistant at Florida State under Bobby Bowden, before taking over as the Seminoles' head coach. "He's the greatest ever, huh? When you've got all the advantages, it's easy. ... You coach with people like Bobby Bowden and learn how to do things. You coach with other people and learn how not to do things. There's a reason people I ain't back and worked for [Saban]. Don't wanna be associated with him." 

wow...  this got good real fast

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

That's simply not accurate. In a court case, it's the prosecutions job to provide ample evidence for the jury to reach a guilty verdict. The jury in this case (which would be the entire country, outside of Aggieland), has seen all the evidence they need to see, and has made their verdict. And what evidence am I referring to? Simple....

Unlike the far left in this country, majority of us are capable of seeing what's in front of us, and not being naive enough to believe it's just coincidence.

It's funny you talk about the far left and then cite "the country" as the jury of public opinion. "The country" you speak of just elected Joe Biden as their president, with 83 million votes. "The country" (even the right) locked down their economy for months to years to halt a virus (unsuccessfully, mind you) with a 99.98% survival rate. Sadly, watching politics the last 3-5 years, I've had to come to terms with the fact that the average American is absolutely stupid. Just how it is now, I guess. 

So yeah, I don't think citing "the entire country" is the big gotcha moment you think it is. They're easily swayed and gullible. 

But you're right- it's irrelevant. It's completely legal and if A&M bought their class, I'm happy they did it better than everyone else. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

It's funny you talk about the far left and then cite "the country" as the jury of public opinion. "The country" you speak of just elected Joe Biden as their president, with 83 million votes. "The country" (even the right) locked down their economy for months to years to halt a virus (unsuccessfully, mind you) with a 99.98% survival rate. Sadly, watching politics the last 3-5 years, I've had to come to terms with the fact that the average American is absolutely stupid. Just how it is now, I guess. 

So yeah, I don't think citing "the entire country" is the big gotcha moment you think it is. 

But you're right- it's irrelevant. It's completely legal and if A&M bought their class, I'm happy they did it better than everyone else. 

That's a very fair assessment. 

• Like 2

Thanks, Lobo! You're a gentleman and a scholar. Also, is the young QB at Longview any relation to you? Just saw his name...

Anyway, Jimbo needs to back it up now. He beat Saban last October and pulled a good class. Now make it a regular thing. At the very least, play a competitive game against Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Show that you're not intimidated and that you're here to stay. Anyone can say it. Now go prove it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Thanks, Lobo! You're a gentleman and a scholar. Also, is the young QB at Longview any relation to you? Just saw his name...

Anyway, Jimbo needs to back it up now. He beat Saban last October and pulled a good class. Now make it a regular thing. At the very least, play a competitive game against Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Show that you're not intimidated and that you're here to stay. Anyone can say it. Now go prove it. 

Not to my knowledge. It's funny, because it's not a common name, so perhaps he may be a distant relative, lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

O Brother Where Art Thou is one of the finest comedy movies ever made. I now have to go rewatch it. So thanks for that. 

Right now is always the best time for a re-watch.

I concur: it's one of the all-time best. Literally perfect. Timeless. Classic. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Not to my knowledge. It's funny, because it's not a common name, so perhaps he may be a distant relative, lol. 

There's a dentist in another town with the exact same first and last name as me. Which is totally weird, because we're not related, and (as far as we know) we're the only two families in East Texas with our last name. 

Life is funny. 

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..