💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

19 hours ago, mellon said:

May be an image of text that says 'LaneKiffin Lane Kiffin @AggieF ootball @AggieFootball @AlabamaF ootball@AlabamaFT TBL The ከራ might......... cfbFacts @Lane Kiffin not my tweet, sharing via @ Doc Texas 2018-0 five stars 2019-2 five stars 2020-2 2 five stars 2021- five star NIL Introduced 2022-7 five stars and the highest rated class of all time. Makes perfect logic after losing to Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas and LSU and finishing 4-4 in the SEC it was clear to the nation's elite recruits that THIS was a program on the rise."'

Bama recruiting classes prior to sabans second year. 

2002 - 30

2003 - 48

2004 - 15

2005 - 18

2006 - 11

Enter Saban spring of 2007. 

2007 - 10

2008 - 1

That first number 1 class came off the heal of a 7-6 season. Just saying… 

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 3:17 PM, WETSU said:

Bama recruiting classes prior to sabans second year. 

2002 - 30

2003 - 48

2004 - 15

2005 - 18

2006 - 11

Enter Saban spring of 2007. 

2007 - 10

2008 - 1

That first number 1 class came off the heal of a 7-6 season. Just saying… 

Interesting info from Jimbo the other day.  Only 1 of their 10 early enrollees had a NIL deal.  He didn’t say anything about the incoming class as a whole, but the 10 that came early, only 1…

38 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Interesting info from Jimbo the other day.  Only 1 of their 10 early enrollees had a NIL deal.  He didn’t say anything about the incoming class as a whole, but the 10 that came early, only 1…

Evan Stewart.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Does anybody really trust Jimbo though? Isn’t sliced bread a much more credible source for this sort of information? 

On a serious note this is a big statement from Jimbo because it at some point could be verified. He put a very specific statement out there that could one day make him a liar. It wasn’t a vague statement he could hide behind later. Short of hooking these kids and Jimbo up to polygraphs I’m not sure what more he could do. At some point those making the accusations are eventually going to have to come up with something other than “hOw eLSE wOuLd a 8-4 TEaM tHaTs neVer WoN anYTHing rECruit tHiS GoOd? derp derp derp?” 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Evan Stewart.

Stewart is likely to make money with or without football in his life. The guy is a character and has the type of strong social media presence that gets you paid even as a normal person. I think he will blow many people out of the water with NIL deals because of that not because of anything he does on the field. 

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

About what is expected. Saban can say whatever he wants with impunity, Jimbo is the devil for firing back. Both crossed the line no doubt but had it been Jimbo making his statements first and then Saban responding with his comments I do not believe it would be viewed the same. 

I actually like Saban and respect him as the absolute GOAT, but his statements coming first seemingly unprovoked are seriously tarnishing a lot of image right now. That’s why I think he’s on the way out after this year. Likely going to have a dominant team, win his title and then leave saying he doesn’t want to play the NIL game anymore. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

About what is expected. Saban can say whatever he wants with impunity, Jimbo is the devil for firing back. Both crossed the line no doubt but had it been Jimbo making his statements first and then Saban responding with his comments I do not believe it would be viewed the same. 

I actually like Saban and respect him as the absolute GOAT, but his statements coming first seemingly unprovoked are seriously tarnishing a lot of image right now. That’s why I think he’s on the way out after this year. Likely going to have a dominant team, win his title and then leave saying he doesn’t want to play the NIL game anymore. 

Funny you say that....

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=dbd3550b0095cd1dcde815fc39e743f798088b916266b3356d6985855bc99299JmltdHM9MTY1MzUxMzUwMCZpZ3VpZD1hNjVjYTNmZS05Mzg5LTRlZTQtYTU2ZS1mYzdiYzliMmIxMWMmaW5zaWQ9NTQ3Nw&ptn=3&fclid=337c58ed-dc70-11ec-b4ca-f08d6476acf3&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuc2F0dXJkYXlkb3duc291dGguY29tL2FsYWJhbWEtZm9vdGJhbGwvbGFuZS1raWZmaW4tZXhwbGFpbnMtd2h5LW5pY2stc2FiYW4tbWlnaHQtZG91YmxlLWhpcy1jaGFtcGlvbnNoaXBzLWJlZm9yZS1yZXRpcmluZy8&ntb=1

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I just do not see how you could widen the gap if you’re Bama. When it comes to alumni reach, Bama is not the top dog. They are actually probably not even top 5in terms of ability to “pay” players if NIL is done by alumni and not the school. NIL will not widen the gap for them IMO. If they could truly compete with NIL, you would not have seen Saban take the stance he did. He would have been boasting about all their deals as he did when Bryce Young got his before he started. 

Basically Saban is condemning what A&M and Fisher allegedly did but if he could do the same why condemn it? All it does is open up the same remarks towards him if he “buys” a class next year…. No imo this is Saban getting frustrated not Saban preparing to catch another gear. 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

I just do not see how you could widen the gap if you’re Bama. When it comes to alumni reach, Bama is not the top dog. They are actually probably not even top 5in terms of ability to “pay” players if NIL is done by alumni and not the school. NIL will not widen the gap for them IMO. If they could truly compete with NIL, you would not have seen Saban take the stance he did. He would have been boasting about all their deals as he did when Bryce Young got his before he started. 

Basically Saban is condemning what A&M and Fisher allegedly did but if he could do the same why condemn it? All it does is open up the same remarks towards him if he “buys” a class next year…. No imo this is Saban getting frustrated not Saban preparing to catch another gear. 

If most kids don’t care about NIL and go to the schools because of winning, tradition, culture, making it to the NFL, etc., then Saban should not have anything to worry about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

If most kids don’t care about NIL and go to the schools because of winning, tradition, culture, making it to the NFL, etc., then Saban should not have anything to worry about.

I didn’t say he would be left behind. He will always recruit well. What I said is he will not WIDEN his gap. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I would like to know how he knows that. Meaning did his players at those positions tell him find a way for me to make this or I’m gone? Or Did they try to poach a few guys and this was the going rate they were told would be needed?  The second scenario seems unlikely but then again so does the first. 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, WETSU said:

I would like to know how he knows that. Meaning did his players at those positions tell him find a way for me to make this or I’m gone? Or Did they try to poach a few guys and this was the going rate they were told would be needed?  The second scenario seems unlikely but then again so does the first. 

"How he knows that" ? Easy answer- He called Jimbo Fisher. Jimbo knows exactly how much it takes at each position to get the #1 Class in the country.😂

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

"How he knows that" ? Easy answer- He called Jimbo Fisher. Jimbo knows exactly how much it takes at each position to get the #1 Class in the country.😂

I was actually thinking Sark would be the inside info.…. A QB on his roster left and went Texas so maybe they told him. 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:53 PM, Stoney said:

Basically, recruits are being bought.  The NIL can’t kick in until they start making a name for themselves as a player.  Also, it’s not supposed to come from the school, but sponsors and also not alumni.  Too much gray area for this to work as they intended. It is openly buying recruits

15 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sark barely got the #5 class despite blatantly advertising paying players. Why would he know anything?

It’s for current players.  Nil isn’t supposed to be guaranteed for a recruit signing a LOI, that’s where it becomes a recruiting violation.  Even then, it’s too gray to say either was completely wrong.  

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m kind of okay with these kind of deals.  There is a clear marketing purpose to this deal.  I still think these should be regulated or overseen by the schools.  Not to hand out to student athletes, but to clear the legitimacy of a deal

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..